Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have the wrong set of commandments.
oh? He said nothing about a "New Set" or "My revised version 2.0 upgrade" being put into circumcised hearts and Christlike "inner Jew" minds of Isreal...

I mean He had to demonstrate and teach the New Covenant way PRIOR His death signing it with His blood and sealing it with His death...NOW NO CHANGES...and NONE were noted for 40 days and the 5 weekends He spent after His resurrection...see? NOTHING changed...kept festivals and dietary laws...

Romans 7:6
But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter (Sabbath obedience).
notice being released from the Law does NOT mean the Law was abolished...and the Spirit guides us into what? A contrary Law? Another gospel another christ's way?...

Why Satan doesn't even caste of Satan...but here you would divide His kingdom NOT OF THIS WORLD?

we are to match the branches NOT cut for unbelief...you are adopted into a PRIOR family with His House rules...a citizen of Israel...

Galatians 3:2-3
This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law (Sabbath obedience), or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh (legal observance)?
NO ONE IS SAVED BY THE LAW or PERFECTED BY IT or ABLE TO KEEP IT PERFECT...

but once saved BY HIM WHO DOES SAVE AND PERFECT well...that's what the repentant regenerating grateful do...a return to the MANUFACTURER'S DEFAULT SETTING AND FACTORY INSTALLED...you know... back when there was NO SIN to bind us to a ministration of death? but already a Sabbath...the irony

You hold to saved by grace but live life in the attempt at perfecting the flesh, through a legal obedience.
nope...don't even expect to serve an ACE every tennis game I play...but SINCE I WANNA PLAY...I DO TRY...lol

never sinless but only to sin less...you know LOVE AS HE LOVED fulfills the Law...cuz abiding IN HIM we live as He does...His Spirit guides...

Can you receive Jesus Christ through a determined obedience to the law? Definitely not. Can you perfect your flesh with the ten commandments (the law)? Of course not.
duh...and on both counts I don't even expect...

I don't keep the Sabbath it keeps me...closer to Him His ways and to what it will be like when "that where I am there ye may be also" and finally "on earth as it is in heaven" because "Your will be done NOT mine"

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please identify what you believe are "His commandments". Is Jesus God?

Another thing, did you forget that Jesus identified My commandments in Jn 15:10 -13?
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

What amazes me is the confusion many have in thinking that love is something that is separate from obedience to God's 10 commandments when love is expressed through obedience to Gods' 10 commandments as the fruit of faith in those who have been born again to love in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12; Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:25-27.

There is a reason why JESUS says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets *Matthew 22:36-40. Paul follows this same theme in Romans 13:8-10 as does James in James 2:8-12. Yet the many think love to God and man gives them a free pass to disobedience? Amazing!

Yet it is God's Word that says faith without works is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and if our tree has no fruit it is cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-31. Unless we are born again to love we cannot see the kingdom of Heaven *John 3:3-7. Those who are born of God into God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 (from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:25-27) do not practice sin (breaking Gods' commandments *1 John 3:4) *1 John 3:6-9.

Those who knowingly practice sin according to the scriptures have not seen him and neither do they know him and need to be born again *1 John 2:3-4; John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:6-9. Love is expressed in obedience to God's law not by breaking it and is why it is written...

Yep you cannot separate love from Gods law as love is expressed through it as we believe and follow His Word. God's sheep however hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him because they hear the Voice of the shepherd of souls and are called in love to love another because he first loves us *John 10:26-27; 1 John 4:19.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and EVERY ONE THAT LOVES IS BORN OF GOD, AND KNOWS GOD.

1 John 5:2-4 [2], BY THIS WE KNOW THAT WE LOVE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[3], FOR THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: AND HIS COMMANDMENTS ARE NOT GRIEVOUS. [4], For whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and THIS IS THE VICTORY THAT OVERCOMES THE WORLD, EVEN OUR FAITH.

2 John 1:6 AND THIS IS LOVE THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. THIS IS THE COMMANDMENT, THAT, AS YOU HAVE HEARD FROM THE BEGINNING, YOU SHOULD WALK IN IT.

Matthew 22:36:40 [36], Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. [38], This is the first and great commandment. [39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], For this, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; AND IF THERE BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, IT IS BRIEFLY SUMMED UP IN THIS SAYING, NAMELY, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

James 2:8-12 [8], IF YOU FULFILL THE ROYAL LAW ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, YOU DO WELL: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.[10], FOR WHOEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW, AND YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT, HE IS GUILTY OF ALL. [11], FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, SAID ALSO, DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU COMMIT NO ADULTERY, YET IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW. [12], So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

May God bless you all as you receive his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What amazes me is the confusion many have in thinking that love is something that is separate from obedience to God's 10 commandments when love is expressed through obedience to Gods' 10 commandments as the fruit of faith in those who have been born again to love in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12; Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:25-27.

There is a reason why JESUS says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets *Matthew 22:36-40. Paul follows this same theme in Romans 13:8-10 as does James in James 2:8-12. Yet the many think love to God and man gives them a free pass to disobedience? Amazing!

Yet it is God's Word that says faith without works is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and if our tree has no fruit it is cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-31. Unless we are born again to love we cannot see the kingdom of Heaven *John 3:3-7. Those who are born of God into God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 (from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:25-27) do not practice sin (breaking Gods' commandments *1 John 3:4) *1 John 3:6-9.

Those who knowingly practice sin according to the scriptures have not seen him and neither do they know him and need to be born again *1 John 2:3-4; John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:6-9. Love is expressed in obedience to God's law not by breaking it and is why it is written...

Yep you cannot separate love from Gods law as love is expressed through it as we believe and follow His Word. God's sheep however hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him because they hear the Voice of the shepherd of souls and are called in love to love another because he first loves us *John 10:26-27; 1 John 4:19.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and EVERY ONE THAT LOVES IS BORN OF GOD, AND KNOWS GOD.

1 John 5:2-4 [2], BY THIS WE KNOW THAT WE LOVE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[3], FOR THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: AND HIS COMMANDMENTS ARE NOT GRIEVOUS. [4], For whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and THIS IS THE VICTORY THAT OVERCOMES THE WORLD, EVEN OUR FAITH.

2 John 1:6 AND THIS IS LOVE THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. THIS IS THE COMMANDMENT, THAT, AS YOU HAVE HEARD FROM THE BEGINNING, YOU SHOULD WALK IN IT.

Matthew 22:36:40 [36], Master, which is the great commandment in the law? [37], Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. [38], This is the first and great commandment. [39], And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], For this, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; AND IF THERE BE ANY OTHER COMMANDMENT, IT IS BRIEFLY SUMMED UP IN THIS SAYING, NAMELY, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

James 2:8-12 [8], IF YOU FULFILL THE ROYAL LAW ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, YOU DO WELL: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.[10], FOR WHOEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW, AND YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT, HE IS GUILTY OF ALL. [11], FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, SAID ALSO, DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU COMMIT NO ADULTERY, YET IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW. [12], So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

May God bless you all as you receive his Word.
You stated the following in your post.
Yet it is God's Word that says faith without works is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and if our tree has no fruit it is cast down and thrown into the fire
When you use the word, 'works', are you referring to legal works. Such as circumcision, kosher food, Sabbath compliance, e.t.c. Or do you mean works in general, such as feeding a poor person in your church?

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You stated the following in your post.When you use the word, 'works', are you referring to legal works. Such as circumcision, kosher food, Sabbath compliance, e.t.c. Or do you mean works in general, such as feeding a poor person in your church?

We are told to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, pray, lay hands on sick and cast out demons and preach the Gospel. Those are out instructions . I stick to those. I do keep the Lords supper or communion as some churches call it . I don't feel convicted to keep any of the rest and I eat any meat if it has been prayed over with thanksgiving and this made clean

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are told to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, pray, lay hands on sick and cast out demons and preach the Gospel. Those are out instructions . I stick to those. I do keep the Lords supper or communion as some churches call it . I don't feel convicted to keep any of the rest and I eat any meat if it has been prayed over with thanksgiving and this made clean
They would be referred to as 'good works', rather than say, 'works of the law'.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You stated the following in your post.When you use the word, 'works', are you referring to legal works. Such as circumcision, kosher food, Sabbath compliance, e.t.c. Or do you mean works in general, such as feeding a poor person in your church?
Works of love. What do you think the post you are quoting from is talking about? Love is not separate from law it works through it.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Works of love. What do you think the post you are quoting from is talking about? Love is not separate from law it works through it.
I had the opinion after reading your post that you were referring to the ten commandments. That is; Paul would refer to that as works of the law.

Paul uses the phrase 'works of the law' when referring to the law.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This distinction is very important, otherwise you generate a paradox in the scripture.

James 2:24
You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

James says 'justified by works'.

Galatians 2:16
Nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus.

Paul says not justified by 'works of the law'.

See the difference?

One says 'works' and the other says 'works of the law'.

They are different types of work.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This distinction is very important, otherwise you generate a paradox in the scripture.

James 2:24
You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

James says 'justified by works'.

Galatians 2:16
Nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus.

Paul says not justified by 'works of the law'.

See the difference?

One says 'works' and the other says 'works of the law'.

They are different types of work.

I see the difference dear friend do you? Works are the fruit of faith that works by love no one is justified by the works of the law. Did you understand what the scriptures teach in the post you were quoting me from earlier in post # 102 linked? If so what do you think it means? Do we love God if we do not keep his 10 commandments in your view?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see the difference dear friend do you?
I certainly do and that is why I posted the different types of works. Many people don't notice the difference and are confused.
Works are the fruit of faith that works by love
Correct.
no one is justified by the works of the law.
Correct again, your winning so far.
Did you understand what the scriptures teach in the post you were quoting me from earlier in post # 102 linked?
Yes I do. Though I do not agree with your interpretation of the scripture.
If so what do you think it means? Do we love God if we do not keep his 10 commandments in your view?
I understand, 'works of the law', as obedience to the ten commandments. Whereas kindness, self-control, and gentleness expressed towards others, far surpasses, what the law requires of us.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I certainly do and that is why I posted the different types of works. Many people don't notice the difference and are confused.Correct.Correct again, your winning so far.Yes I do. Though I do not agree with your interpretation of the scripture.I understand, 'works of the law', as obedience to the ten commandments. Whereas kindness, self-control, and gentleness expressed towards others, far surpasses, what the law requires of us.
Then you did not understand post # 102 linked go read it again.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Then you did not understand post # 102 linked go read it again.
I do understand what you are saying.

Disobedience to the ten commandments is sin.
(That is true for someone under the law)

For me, anything that is not of faith is sin.
(Gentiles are not under the law.)

I am a Gentile and I am not under the law. I follow the gospel of grace.

Acts 20:24
But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Obedience to the gospel of grace is simple for a Gentile.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I do understand what you are saying.

Disobedience to the ten commandments is sin.
(That is true for someone under the law)

For me, anything that is not of faith is sin.
(Gentiles are not under the law.)

Acts 20:24
But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Obedience to the gospel of grace is simple for a Gentile.

I am sorry, dear friend but the bible does not teach anywhere, that Gentiles will enter into God's kingdom. If you mean Gentile believers they are grafted into God's ISRAEL *Romans 11:13-27 and there is now no difference between Gentile believers and Jewish believers. All believers are now one in Christ *Romans 2:28-29; Colossians 3:11; Ephesians 2:11-13; Galatians 3:28-29; Romans 10:11-13. God's Word does not teach anywhere that Christians are now free to break anyone of God's 10 commandments. Those who continue to do so reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God's grace *Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-31. Those who knowingly break anyone of God's 10 commandments according to the scriptures *James 2:10-11 have not seen him and neither do they know him *1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6, and need to be born again because unless we are born again we cannot see the kingdom of Heaven *John 3:3-7. Those who are born of God do not practice sin according to the scriptures *1 John 3:6-9. No one is "under the law" according to the scriptures unless they stand before God guilty of breaking the law *Romans 3:19-20; James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4. Those who are still in their sins have not seen him and neither do they know him according to the scriptures and are lying if they tell you otherwise *1 John 2:3-4.

May God bless you as you receive his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Him there is neither Jew nor Greek...but a citizen of Israel...

this gospel of grace...why do you need grace if there is no law to condemn you?

and which of His ways does His Spirit NOT have you follow in this gospel of grace?

are you given grace to continue to live CONTRARY HIS WAY in breaking His Law? Disobedient to Him? to live like the world...or like you did prior His SAVING you? Or now to live more and more LIKE HIM...

How are you IN HIM? obeying Him His way or NOT?...just love everybody? as the world loves?...love is all you need?...do what thou whilst?...

but if you claim you are IN HIM you are to LIVE AS HE DID...ask John

copy me as I copy Christ said Paul who like David delighted in His Law Romans 7:22...and instructed we establish His Law which our faith does NOT make null or void...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Some background first: I believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as a second experience (check out this thread to know why if interested). I've also watched tons of testimonies about supernatural experiences of all sorts, and in particular I know people who testify about being led by the Holy Spirit via: audible voice, dreams, visions, someone else prophesying to them, etc. (I can share links to specific testimonies for anyone interested in examples btw.)

Now to the point: Imagine that someone is filled with the Holy Spirit and led by the Holy Spirit 24/7. Let's call that person X. If X is expected to keep the Sabbath by commandment but he currently doesn't, logic tells us that the Holy Spirit would convict X of his sin, lead him to repentance and guide him to embrace Sabbath keeping (just like you would expect for any other sin).

So my question is: have you ever been explicitly led by the Holy Spirit to keep the Sabbath?

There is more to keeping the Sabbath than choosing the correct day, anyone can rest, but who can keep the day Holy and what does that means. I believe God has given me an understanding of the Law including the Sabbath; I give God credit for all things; my job is to test the spirits that lead me.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

you seem to be making your own rules, wearing your own garments; none of the fragments of scripture you quote define sin.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

and which of His ways does His Spirit NOT have you follow in this gospel of grace?

are you given grace to continue to live CONTRARY HIS WAY in breaking His Law? Disobedient to Him? to live like the world...or like you did prior His SAVING you? Or now to live more and more LIKE HIM...

How are you IN HIM? obeying Him His way or NOT?...just love everybody? as the world loves?...love is all you need?...do what thou whilst?...

copy me as I copy Christ said Paul who like David delighted in His Law Romans 7:22...and instructed we establish His Law which our faith does NOT make null or void...
I would need to be under the law in order to break the law. Gentiles were never under the law and the apostles said so (ACT 15).

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

On the subject of the law, why does Paul speak of the law as a curse?

After all isn't the Sabbath a blessing?

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry, dear friend but the bible does not teach anywhere, that Gentiles will enter into God's kingdom.
Yes it does.

Romans 11:11
...but by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles.
If you mean Gentile believers they are grafted into God's ISRAEL *Romans 11:13-27
The precise verse where it says 'grafted into God's Israel', I can't find it.
and there is now no difference between Gentile believers and Jewish believers.
There is a huge difference between Gentiles and Jews. The Jews as a whole have been hardened to the gospel, they were grafted out. As Romans chapter eleven states.

Romans 11:25
That a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0