Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A new heart was not the commandment given in Genesis 17. The commandment was abolished by the Holy Spirit. You simply can’t admit that because that would mean that Nicaea would’ve been capable of amending the Sabbath law as well.
No one said it was. Hows those animal sacrifices going?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sure the gentiles ate chicken and beef...but did they know not to eat food offered to idols? Or was all the blood removed?...or was it slaughtered correctly? All still to be resolved in Jerusalem's Act 15 council...

The Gentiles can eat meat offered to idols if they don’t know about it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You know where I’m going with this. You just don’t want to admit the truth that it was the church who told everyone that the Bible is the word of God. Without the church to determine which books were inspired by God no one would have a bible.
Your the one claiming that the bible is not true not me.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Show me where Paul said “mosaic shadow laws”. He said the law is a shadow of things to come, this means the entire law not bits and pieces of it.
No problem. You should start with Hebrews 10:1-17. Then you might want to also read Hebrews 7:1-28; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-28; Colossians 2:1-17 and Ephesians 2:1-22.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is a person who steals and murders loving God and others? Are there hundreds of millions of people who don’t keep the Sabbath that love God and others? Yes
I see so a person loving God is keeping God's commandments? What is your excuse then for God's 4th commandment which is one of the 10? You know what James says "If you break one of them you break all of them *James 2:10-11 - Yep he's talking about the 10 commandments. No one loves God according to JESUS if they do not believe and follow God's Word *John 14:15; Matthew 7:21-23.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So do you love God by using his name in vain or your neighbor by stealing from them? How is love expressed and what do you think Romans 13:8-10; Matthew 22:26-40 or James 2:8-12 is talking about?

No but I can definitely show my love for God but worshipping on Sunday in honor of Christ’s resurrection.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where was the church that taught you must keep the Saturday Sabbath between the 4th century and the 19th century? There was no church other than Judaism that taught you must keep the Saturday Sabbath during this 1500 year span.
Well are you really interested? If I can show you will it change your mind?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No but I can definitely show my love for God but worshipping on Sunday in honor of Christ’s resurrection.
Ok you said you do not love God if you take his name in vain or your neighbor of you steal from them. Do you love God by making idols and worshiping them or your neighbor by killing them? How is love expressed? What do you think Romans 13:10-12; Matthew 22:36-40 and James 2:8-12 mean?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I do, Jesus gave us freedom from the law. We are no longer under the letter of the law but instead under the purpose for which the laws were written which were to love God with all your heart soul and mind and love others as He loves us. People who worship on Sunday don’t do it to disrespect Him we do it because we love and honor Him which is why we celebrate His resurrection.
Jesus did not give us freedom from law so that we are now free to break the law. JESUS gave us freedom from sin *John 8:31-36; Romans 6:1-23 so that he can establish the law in the lives of those who walk by faith in God's Spirit *Romans 3:31; Romans 8:1-4; Galatians 5:16. Unless we are born again we cannot see the kingdom of heaven *John 3:3-7. Those who are born of God do not practice sin *1 John 3:6-9. Those who practice sin have neither seen him or know him *1 John 2:3-4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I do, Jesus gave us freedom from the law. We are no longer under the letter of the law but instead under the purpose for which the laws were written which were to love God with all your heart soul and mind and love others as He loves us. People who worship on Sunday don’t do it to disrespect Him we do it because we love and honor Him which is why we celebrate His resurrection.
That's not what the Bible says. Maybe this will help:
Isn't there a new law of Christ? | Sabbath Truth
Many question the continued validity of the Ten Commandments in the Christian's life based on what Jesus says in John 13:34: “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another” (John 13:34). Let’s take a closer look at its significance …

When a lawyer asked Jesus which was the greatest commandment in the law, Jesus replied: “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets" (Matthew 22:37–40).

Was Jesus revealing concepts that had never been heard before? Was He really disposing of the Ten Commandments and replacing them with "new" commandments of love?

In fact, Jesus was actually quoting directly from the Old Testament! "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength" (Deuteronomy 6:5). "You shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Leviticus 19:18). These penetrating spiritual concepts were not really new, as they had been around for millennia. However, they were indeed new to the legalists of Jesus' day because they had forgotten them in their daily life and practice.

Notice Jesus' words: "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." Jesus was saying that every commandment hangs on the principle of love. Without genuine love for others as our motivation, each one of the commandments would come crashing down to the floor—to be abused by legalists to control others. Christ was saying that genuine, selfless love is what God’s law is all about, and the apostle Paul repeats this truth in Romans 13:10.

If we love God supremely with heart, soul, and mind, we will obey the first four commandments that have to do with our interaction with God—we will not take His name in vain, worship other gods, we will keep the Sabbath holy, etc. And if we love our neighbor, we will naturally want to obey the remaining six commandments, which relate to our interaction with others—we will not steal from our neighbor, we will not distort the truth, etc. Love will lead to obeying, or fulfilling, all the law.

So, we see that by giving these "new" love commandments, Christ was not replacing the Ten Commandments—but summarizing them.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you forget your own question...

Which was responded to with...

I am not being disrespectful but your posting is not making any sense. Maybe you lost track of the conversation.

All scripture is inspired by God is what it said. How do you know which books were inspired by God? Without the church you couldn’t know. I haven’t lost track of anything your quoting as if the references to scriptures in the Bible are pertaining to the New Testament when they didn’t have a New Testament yet. The scriptures referred to the Old Testament not the New Testament which is why EVERY SINGLE TIME ANYONE EVER SAID THE WORDS “THE SCRIPTURES SAY” IT WAS ALWAYS FOLLOWED BY AN OLD TESTAMENT QUOTE. No one EVER quoted the New Testament when referring to the scriptures.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It’s a simple yes or no question all of this you wrote never actually answered the question. Did the Holy Spirit abolish God’s commandment for circumcision in Acts 15?
Sure it does it was scripture sent in love as a help to you, though I see you do not believe what was shared with you. What is the scripture context of Acts 15:1-2?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All scripture is inspired by God is what it said. How do you know which books were inspired by God? Without the church you couldn’t know. I haven’t lost track of anything your quoting as if the references to scriptures in the Bible are pertaining to the New Testament when they didn’t have a New Testament yet. The scriptures referred to the Old Testament not the New Testament which is why EVERY SINGLE TIME ANYONE EVER SAID THE WORDS “THE SCRIPTURES SAY” IT WAS ALWAYS FOLLOWED BY AN OLD TESTAMENT QUOTE. No one EVER quoted the New Testament when referring to the scriptures.
All scripture is indeed inspired by God. Do you believe it and do you believe God is in control of his Word?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why when God specifically Blessed and made Holy the seventh-day, Sanctified it and wrote with His own finger to Remember (opposite of forget) Jesus and His disciples kept seventh-day Sabbath, there was never confusion in the Bible about which day Sabbath was like there is today (perhaps why God used the word "Remember"). The scripture I already provided you said the Holy Spirit is a gift for us to help KEEP the commandments of God not break them. I go off the Bible. The path is narrow and following man's traditions is the wide path.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great! If you want to show God you love Him why don't you go off what the Bible teaches about how you love God.

I do

“"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20:8-11‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

I work 6 days and rest on the 7th day.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great! If you want to show God you love Him why don't you go off what the Bible teaches about how you love God.

1 John 5
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome

What are Gods commandments? He wrote them with His own finger. Breaking Gods Holy day that He asked us to "remember" that He Blessed and made Holy is not showing God or Jesus that we love Him based on the Bible teachings. I can show you more scripture on this if you would really take a moment and think about it. God wrote it with His own finger, yet you still want to believe a tradition over what God wrote for us to Remember.

But you say we must keep the dietary laws as well which we’re not written by His finger in the 10 commandments. I believe the church that the apostles established over Ellen White.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our God is great and just and the Bible says he judges based on knowledge. If they never knew the truth about God's commandments and teachings than He will not hold them accountable. God is a God of love but once you are told the truth, He wants us to obey His commandments and will hold you accountable. Why are they so hard? They still apply today. Don't kill, don't lie, don't covet, don't have other gods, keep the seventh-day Sabbath Holy, the day He Blessed and asked us to Remember, ironic that the only commandment He asked us to remember is the only one most churches wants us to forget.

Not true He also said that the Passover must be kept for all generations.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But you say we must keep the dietary laws as well which we’re not written by His finger in the 10 commandments. I believe the church that the apostles established over Ellen White.
Those are guidelines based one what the Bible says is good for us. Gods law is separate. Most SDA's follow the dietary guidelines a lot are vegetarians because they feel that was the diet we were given in the Garden of Eden prior to sin. Others (myself included) eat only the clean meats like chicken or certain fish.

I'll take anyone who keeps the word of the Bible over man, no matter who it is.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0