Has the Holy Spirit explicitly led you to keep the Sabbath?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said many will fall away not all. Where was SDA before the 19th century? Perhaps in Galatia?
What has this have to do with who God's Church are. Who is God's Church according to the scriptures?

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They didn’t
sure they did Paul even admits it right there to Cephas...

verse 14 "How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?"

but you'd rather speed past all this and insert your own understanding...

I even gave you a text other Romans were annoyed at Paul insisting on customs NOT LAWFUL for Romans to keep...Paul also addressed the Colossians to not to worry about their country men asking "why you not eating pork and doing Sabbaths like the Jews? we have our own calendar"

Galatians was written PRIOR the Acts 15 council so of course the issue came up...

that was Paul’s point
that they were compelling gentiles to live like Jews...was the point...but you NOW attempt his point:

and why he said Peter, Barnabas, and the other Jews were being hypocrites because they would eat with the Gentiles
yes they were quite oblivious to the Jewish enmity which was destroyed by His flesh knowing the middle wall of division was destroyed. So they mixed it up with the gentiles fellowship and socialize as family does...

But you insist they were eating bat rat cat stew despite it NOT being cleared by our Master...

who do not keep the dietary laws
you ASSUME and INSERT this as if SWINE was made clean by Yahushua...it WAS NOT...IS WHY Peter did NOT eat unclean...as He did NOT make it ok to do so...

nor did Peter interpret his vision that pig or dog or rat stew was ok to eat with gentiles...

Jews in diaspora had a NEW issue to deal with...NOT at home or in a "Home court advantage" Jews were now visitors and had developed MANY NEW LAWS dealing with issues living amongst the dirty unclean goyim...remember the enmity Jews had for Greeks?

until the Jews came then they would not eat with the Gentiles for fear of persecution.
right...James' boys from Jerusalem were a threat as these MODERN CULTURAL LAWS had NOT been addressed yet at Acts 15 council...

Paul’s point was that Peter did not rebuke the Gentiles for their eating habits but shied away from them when the Jews were present to give a false implication that they did not condone their eating habits. That was their hypocrisy. If the Gentiles were observing Jewish eating customs Peter and the other Jews wouldn’t have had to fear the Jews persecuting them for eating with Gentiles.
oh? ALL this is NOT what they thought...that enmity of socializing with Gentiles was deep seeded and sophistically nuanced...man's traditions and social customs usually are...

sure the gentiles ate chicken and beef...but did they know not to eat food offered to idols? Or was all the blood removed?...or was it slaughtered correctly? All still to be resolved in Jerusalem's Act 15 council...

and then...when they insisted circumcision according to Moses TO BE SAVED...that WAS IT...

time to meet in Jerusalem...

circumcision according to Moses was at the eighth day of infancy...IMPOSSIBLE for grown men to carry that burden...which no Jew there had too carry...to decide to be cut...parents did that...

NEVER was it taught in the OT that circumcision was for SALVATION...the other issue...

Was it even Peter of the vision?

Relax...not Ellen or even SDA...but another of your traditionalists with new understanding...

Schismatic or Holy Spirit inspired?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Funny Pork never hurt my Mom. She ate it all her life. Well, she only lived to be 101 and her mind was clear as a bell until three days before she passed away. Grandma only lived to be 97 and I guess she fed Grandpa too much pork because he only made it into the late 80s. Dad was a Jew and only lived to be 44. Could it have been to much kosher food? I wonder just how long old Noah would have lived if he had been prohibited from eating unclean animals.

And while we are diverting from the thread topic I might add that my whole family are among those sinful coffee and tea drinkers that your revered prophet wrote so much about. Here is one of the many statements on the topic. 741. Tea and coffee drinking is a sin, an injurious indulgence, which, like other evils, injures the soul. These darling idols create an excitement, a morbid action of the nervous system; and after the immediate influence of the stimulants is gone, it lets down below par just to that degree that its stimulating properties elevated above par.—Manuscript 44, 1896 {CD 425.3}

Here again my Mom drank coffee all the time I knew her. I would like to have a vision like Ellen did when she inspected all those SDA homes that had those dreadful sinful pictures sitting around. I would be inspecting SDA homes for coffee makers and tea bags. I bet I would find about as many coffee makers as homes. Now if it really is a sin to drink coffee and most SDAs do, would that be any difference than me skipping Sabbath. You tell me I am sinning because I am not observant and you are sinning because you drink coffee and tea, does that mean tha neither one will inherit the Kingdom?

you really are sore eh?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you really are sore eh?
Shedding some light was a pleasure and it certainly didn't make me sore. In fact I am elated to be of service. By the way, I really don't like the taste of coffee and I don't eat pork or beef for that matter. And I care less what anyone else consumes, eat a diet of lentils if you wish. I like a few carrots thrown in the pot.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟538,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 16:18 the church is guaranteed to prevail over the gates of hell. SDA teaches implies that the gates of hell prevailed... the entire world didn’t have a true Christian church... The world was completely void of Christ’s Church
Brother, the church prevails in the end as prophesied in the book of Revelation! The period of God's holy people "oppress" should not surprise you because Daniel told us about this period. God's people were "delivered" into the hands of one who spoke against the Most High and tried to change the set times and laws. God's judgments are just and He will take this period into consideration for those who lived during this time.

He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time. (Daniel 7:25 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your response here...

Your wrong again. "The Word of God" is written in 473 scriptures. The bible is the Word of God. The bible tells us that "all scripture is given by inspiration of God" 2 Timothy 3:16 and God spoke *Exodus 20:1-17 the 10 and wrote *Exodus 32:16 the commandments of which God's 4th commandment is one of them *Exodus 20:8-11.

Oh my goodness you think Paul was talking about the New Testament? The scriptures mentioned in the Bible are the Old Testament.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Circumcision is a "shadow law" pointing to a new heart by faith *Romans 2:28-29; Colossians 2:11-13; 1 Corinthians 7:19; Hebrews 8:10-12 (from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:25-27) Deuteronomy 10:12-16 etc.

A new heart was not the commandment given in Genesis 17. The commandment was abolished by the Holy Spirit. You simply can’t admit that because that would mean that Nicaea would’ve been capable of amending the Sabbath law as well.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As shown earlier through the scriptures your mixing up the prophetic "shadow laws" of things to come (eg HEBREWS 10:1-17; Colossians 2:17; Ephesians 2) from the Mosaic book of the old covenant *Exodus 24:7 with God's eternal law that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7. Sin is defined in the scriptures as not believing God's Word and breaking any one of God's 10 commandments *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23. Sin (breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments) will keep all those who knowingly practice it outside of God's kingdom *Hebrews 10:26-31; Revelation 21:7-8 Revelation 22:15. God's 4th commandment Sabbath is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Exodus 20:8-11. Unless we are born again by faith to love we cannot see God's kingdom *John 3:3-7. Those who have been born again, have been given a new heart by faith to love do not practice sin *Hebrews 8:10-12; Ezekiel 36:25-27. They walk in God's Spirit *Galatians 5:16 and through God's Spirit by faith establish the law *Romans 3:31; Romans 8:1-4. Those who are born again do not knowingly practice sin (breaking God's commandments) according to the scriptures *1 John 3:6-9. Those who practice sin JESUS says to depart from him because he does not know them and neither do they love him *Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 3:6-9; John 14:15. Those who knowingly practice sin (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) and those who do not is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to God's Word *1 John 3:9-10 and those who say they know God and practice sin (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) according to the scriptures are not telling the truth *1 John 2:3-4. Time to leave the shadows of things to come. Do you still do animal sacrifices when you sin to seek God's forgiveness? If not why not *HEBREWS 10:1-17.

It’s a simple yes or no question all of this you wrote never actually answered the question. Did the Holy Spirit abolish God’s commandment for circumcision in Acts 15?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Arr here we go. You do not believe that the bible is God's Word?

You know where I’m going with this. You just don’t want to admit the truth that it was the church who told everyone that the Bible is the word of God. Without the church to determine which books were inspired by God no one would have a bible.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to the scriptures there are shadows laws in the old covenant of things to come *Hebrews 10:1-17; Colossians 2; Ephesians 2; Hebrews 7; Hebrews 8; Hebrews 9. What do you think the Mosaic shadow laws are of the old covenant? Do you still do animal sacrifices when you sin and want to seek God's forgiveness? If not why not? Your mixing up the shadow with God's standard of love and righteousness that give us the knowledge of good and evil; sin and rightoeusness *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119;172.

Show me where Paul said “mosaic shadow laws”. He said the law is a shadow of things to come, this means the entire law not bits and pieces of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are here you go. Is killing and stealing no longer a requirement for Christian living? What do you think 1 John 2:3-4 means as well as Hebrews 10:26-31 or Matthew 7:21-23?

Is a person who steals and murders loving God and others? Are there hundreds of millions of people who don’t keep the Sabbath that love God and others? Yes

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you do understand that many falling away are actually not leaving the church but changing His times and Law yes? Would they fall away and leave believers alone...lol

oh wow you sure got me...oh boy what now? I mean they invented Sabbath keeping right?

nawww....not them...the Galatians were falling back to serve things NOT of Torah again...things they served before they came to Truth...like their own calendar and stuff...

Peter warned that having heard the holy commandment there would be those that still return to their own vomit...like dogs...

But Galatians isn’t about returning to their own vomit Galatians is about returning to Judaism.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is a person who steals and murders loving God and others? Are there hundreds of millions of people who don’t keep the Sabbath that love God and others? Yes
Great! If you want to show God you love Him why don't you go off what the Bible teaches about how you love God.

1 John 5
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome

What are Gods commandments? He wrote them with His own finger. Breaking Gods Holy day that He asked us to "remember" that He Blessed and made Holy is not showing God or Jesus that we love Him based on the Bible teachings. I can show you more scripture on this if you would really take a moment and think about it. God wrote it with His own finger, yet you still want to believe a tradition over what God wrote for us to Remember.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
and who is God's church according to the scriptures?

Where was the church that taught you must keep the Saturday Sabbath between the 4th century and the 19th century? There was no church other than Judaism that taught you must keep the Saturday Sabbath during this 1500 year span.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great! If you want to show God you love Him why don't you go off what the Bible teaches about how you love God.

1 John 5
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome

What are Gods commandments? He wrote them with His own finger. Breaking Gods Holy day that He asked us to "remember" that He Blessed and made Holy is not showing God or Jesus that we love Him based on the Bible teachings. I can show you more scripture on this if you would really take a moment and think about it. God wrote it with His own finger, yet you still want to believe a tradition over what God wrote for us to Remember.

I do, Jesus gave us freedom from the law. We are no longer under the letter of the law but instead under the purpose for which the laws were written which were to love God with all your heart soul and mind and love others as He loves us. People who worship on Sunday don’t do it to disrespect Him we do it because we love and honor Him which is why we celebrate His resurrection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh my goodness you think Paul was talking about the New Testament? The scriptures mentioned in the Bible are the Old Testament.
Did you forget your own question...
BNR32FAN said: There’s no mention of the Bible in the Bible either or it being the word of God. How do you know the Bible is the word of God?
Which was responded to with...
LoveGodsWord said: Your wrong again. "The Word of God" is written in 473 scriptures. The bible is the Word of God. The bible tells us that "all scripture is given by inspiration of God" 2 Timothy 3:16 and God spoke *Exodus 20:1-17 the 10 and wrote *Exodus 32:16 the commandments of which God's 4th commandment is one of them *Exodus 20:8-11.
I am not being disrespectful but your posting is not making any sense. Maybe you lost track of the conversation.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where was the church that taught you must keep the Saturday Sabbath between the 4th century and the 19th century? There was no church other than Judaism that taught you must keep the Saturday Sabbath during this 1500 year span.
Our God is great and just and the Bible says he judges based on knowledge. If they never knew the truth about God's commandments and teachings than He will not hold them accountable. God is a God of love but once you are told the truth, He wants us to obey His commandments and will hold you accountable. Why are they so hard? They still apply today. Don't kill, don't lie, don't covet, don't have other gods, keep the seventh-day Sabbath Holy, the day He Blessed and asked us to Remember, ironic that the only commandment He asked us to remember is the only one most churches wants us to forget.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Those who love God and love others.
So do you love God by using his name in vain or your neighbor by stealing from them? How is love expressed and what do you think Romans 13:8-10; Matthew 22:26-40 or James 2:8-12 is talking about?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sure they did Paul even admits it right there to Cephas...

verse 14 "How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?"

but you'd rather speed past all this and insert your own understanding...

I even gave you a text other Romans were annoyed at Paul insisting on customs NOT LAWFUL for Romans to keep...Paul also addressed the Colossians to not to worry about their country men asking "why you not eating pork and doing Sabbaths like the Jews? we have our own calendar"

Galatians was written PRIOR the Acts 15 council so of course the issue came up...

that they were compelling gentiles to live like Jews...was the point...but you NOW attempt his point:

yes they were quite oblivious to the Jewish enmity which was destroyed by His flesh knowing the middle wall of division was destroyed. So they mixed it up with the gentiles fellowship and socialize as family does...

But you insist they were eating bat rat cat stew despite it NOT being cleared by our Master...

you ASSUME and INSERT this as if SWINE was made clean by Yahushua...it WAS NOT...IS WHY Peter did NOT eat unclean...as He did NOT make it ok to do so...

nor did Peter interpret his vision that pig or dog or rat stew was ok to eat with gentiles...

Jews in diaspora had a NEW issue to deal with...NOT at home or in a "Home court advantage" Jews were now visitors and had developed MANY NEW LAWS dealing with issues living amongst the dirty unclean goyim...remember the enmity Jews had for Greeks?

right...James' boys from Jerusalem were a threat as these MODERN CULTURAL LAWS had NOT been addressed yet at Acts 15 council...

oh? ALL this is NOT what they thought...that enmity of socializing with Gentiles was deep seeded and sophistically nuanced...man's traditions and social customs usually are...

sure the gentiles ate chicken and beef...but did they know not to eat food offered to idols? Or was all the blood removed?...or was it slaughtered correctly? All still to be resolved in Jerusalem's Act 15 council...

and then...when they insisted circumcision according to Moses TO BE SAVED...that WAS IT...

time to meet in Jerusalem...

circumcision according to Moses was at the eighth day of infancy...IMPOSSIBLE for grown men to carry that burden...which no Jew there had too carry...to decide to be cut...parents did that...

NEVER was it taught in the OT that circumcision was for SALVATION...the other issue...

Was it even Peter of the vision?

Relax...not Ellen or even SDA...but another of your traditionalists with new understanding...

Schismatic or Holy Spirit inspired?

Ok so what your saying is that Paul and Peter we’re making the Gentiles observe the Jewish customs so why would Peter fear persecution or ridicule from the Jews for eating with the Gentiles if they were observing Jewish customs? If they were observing Jewish customs Peter and the others would have no reason to fear persecution or ridicule now would they?

Upvote 0