USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
People who promote their man made theology and opinion, then “tag” their opinion with a scripture reference, always seem to have something to hide.
You know good and well that I've hidden nothing. So your repeated charge is false.

Was this brother physically dead, or spiritually dead?
Neither.

However, refute my point by proving that when the son returned, fellowship with his father was NOT restored.

I can't wait for that one.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know good and well that I've hidden nothing. So your repeated charge is false.

Neither.

However, refute my point by proving that when the son returned, fellowship with his father was NOT restored.

More opinion with no scripture.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If so, then Jesus was UNtruthful in John 3:15,16, 5:24 and 10:28.

Yes.

And here are the scriptures that teach us a person can indeed become lost; spiritually dead.

The Lord taught us this principle in the lost sheep and prodigal son.

It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’ ”
Luke 15:32

• for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’ ”

Was the brother who wandered away from his father to live in sin, physically dead or spiritually dead?

“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:4-7

• Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’

His sheep had become lost.

Lost = Separated from God; a sinner in need of repentance.
Dead to God.

• I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

The one who became lost was no longer justified but had become disconnected from Him.

The 99 who remained were just.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Neither.

When the son returned to his father he was reconciled back to his father.

This is what happens at salvation, we are reconciled to God.

If a person wanders away from the Lord and lives in sin, then returns to the Lord in repentance, the Lord rejoices and restores the lost one.

Very simple.

Do the lost need salvation?

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
More opinion with no scripture.
Just another frivolous reply.

This is what I posted:
"You know good and well that I've hidden nothing. So your repeated charge is false.

I can't wait for that one."

So, can you refute my point or not?

Why would I quote Scripture when I'm challenging a poster? btw, I've posted plenty of verses that totally refute your opinions.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15
Nope. Doesn't refute anything.

And I'm not sure why any professing Christian would even WANT to try to refute what Jesus said about recipients of eternal life.

Jesus said that recipients of eternal life (those given eternal life by Him) shall never perish. John 10:28

So, if hatred of a brother results in LOSS of eternal life, then what Jesus said about recipients of eternal life cannot be true.

So, congratulations for proving that Jesus wasn't being truthful. lol.

The truth is that Jesus put NO STRINGS ATTACHED onto recipients of eternal life.

By the simple FACT of being given the GIFT of eternal life, the recipients shall never perish.

btw, everyone knows that a gift with STRINGS ATTACHED, like the conditions you want to place on recipients of the gift of eternal life, is NOT A GIFT AT ALL.

Yet, the Bible describes eternal life as a gift of God.

God doesn't give ANY gifts with strings attached. If He did, he would be LYING by calling them a gift. Why don't you grasp that?

To be a gift, the receiver isn't obligated to do ANYTHING. But you and your Arminian pals try to attach strings to the gift of salvation and eternal life, which only renders them as NON gifts.

OSNAS is a travesty.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said:
"If so, then Jesus was UNtruthful in John 3:15,16, 5:24 and 10:28."
Wow. Well, there we have it, plain as day. JLB DOES believe that Jesus was being UNTRUTHFUL in the verses I cited above. Amazing, for sure. At least he is being honest about his opinions.

And here are the scriptures that teach us a person can indeed become lost; spiritually dead.
So you believe that Scriptures refute the very words of Jesus? That is not sane.

Jesus is the Living Word. Scripture is the Written Word. They are in total harmony.

Was the brother who wandered away from his father to live in sin, physically dead or spiritually dead?
Neither. I've explained it over and over. But you just keep rejecting the obvious truth.

Why should anyone believe anything you post since you have admitted that you believe that Jesus wasn't being truthful?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There you go. To be concealed is to be back in fellowship. Sin breaks fellowship and the believer needs to be reconciled to the Lord. By confession of sin, from 1 John 1:9.

Actually not. Apparently you are unfamiliar with Scripture.

2 Cor 5:19 - that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Now, just try to argue that "the world" equals the frozen chosen, as Calvinists try to do.

I'll just show you MORE Scripture that refutes that notion.

2 Cor 5:14,15
14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
15And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

The red words state plainly that Christ died for everyone. This is easily supported by the blue words. We know that everyone is born spiritually dead.

If a person wanders away from the Lord and lives in sin, then returns to the Lord in repentance, the Lord rejoices and restores the lost one.
Absolutely. Amen!! Fellowship restored by confession of sin and repentance.

Very simple.
That's why I've been saying all along.

As always, words need to be defined.

If by "lost" you mean the unsaved, then of course they do.

But, if "lost" is used to mean outside of God's fellowship, then NO, they are already saved, but they are in need of restoration of that fellowship.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For JLB:

The teaching of Jesus regarding recipients of eternal life is also found in the writings of Peter.

1 Pet 1:23 - For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Those who have believed in Christ are said to be "born again". And "not of perishable seed", but rather, "of IMPERISHABLE SEED".

So, how do you explain how a born again person CAN perish since they were born again of IMPERISHABLE SEED?

Here are more Scriptures that refute your opinions about losing salvation.

I've frequenty quoted Eph 1:13,14 to you and asked what this "inheritance" refers to, and you've never answered that question.

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance
until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Sealed believers are God's possession. And you have NEVER shared any verse that speaks of any believer losing this seal.

Once Sealed, Always Sealed. OSAS
Once a Son, Always a Son. OSAS
Once Saved, Always Saved. OSAS

So, let's look at what Peter said about it:

1 Pet 1:3,4
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,

There's that "new birth" again. And we know that it's a birth of IMPERISHABLE SEED.

However, there is more. From this new birth, we have an inheritance "that can NEVER PERISH, SPOIL OR FADE".

That is what Eph 1:13,14 is referring to.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I said:

Wow. Well, there we have it, plain as day. JLB DOES believe that Jesus was being UNTRUTHFUL in the verses I cited above. Amazing, for sure. At least he is being honest about his opinions.

So you believe that Scriptures refute the very words of Jesus? That is not sane.

Jesus is the Living Word. Scripture is the Written Word. They are in total harmony.

Neither. I've explained it over and over. But you just keep rejecting the obvious truth.

Why should anyone believe anything you post since you have admitted that you believe that Jesus wasn't being truthful?

It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’ ”

Very simple.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For JLB:

The teaching of Jesus regarding recipients of eternal life is also found in the writings of Peter.

1 Pet 1:23 - For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Those who have believed in Christ are said to be "born again". And "not of perishable seed", but rather, "of IMPERISHABLE SEED".

So, how do you explain how a born again person CAN perish since they were born again of IMPERISHABLE SEED?

Here are more Scriptures that refute your opinions about losing salvation.

I've frequenty quoted Eph 1:13,14 to you and asked what this "inheritance" refers to, and you've never answered that question.

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Sealed believers are God's possession. And you have NEVER shared any verse that speaks of any believer losing this seal.

Once Sealed, Always Sealed. OSAS
Once a Son, Always a Son. OSAS
Once Saved, Always Saved. OSAS

So, let's look at what Peter said about it:

1 Pet 1:3,4
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,

There's that "new birth" again. And we know that it's a birth of IMPERISHABLE SEED.

However, there is more. From this new birth, we have an inheritance "that can NEVER PERISH, SPOIL OR FADE".

That is what Eph 1:13,14 is referring to.

Ignoring the truth won’t change it.

We are called to love, and abide in love.

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
1 John 3:14

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
From post 26-
I said:
JLB answered:
"Yes."

My response to that answer:
"Wow. Well, there we have it, plain as day. JLB DOES believe that Jesus was being UNTRUTHFUL in the verses I cited above. Amazing, for sure. At least he is being honest about his opinions."
It's a human story, for heaven's sake. No way the father would have been speaking about his son's spiritual status. Only those who prefer to twist a parable by spiritualizing it would think so.

And "reconciliation" and "fellowship" in this parable are the same thing.

I prove from Scripture that your claim here is wrong.

2 Cor 5:19 - that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

If you want to argue, as the Calvinists do, that "the world" here only means "the world of the ELECT", then I have some more verses in this same context for you:

14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

The red words obviously mean everyone. The blue words refer to those who have believed in Christ for salvation.

Yes, there is joy when a believer's fellowship with the Lord is restored.

Very simple.
It is, but it seems not very many believers are even aware of the concept.

JLB
Define "lost" please. Everyone needs salvation. Some have it already, but many don't.

Believers get lost in the woods. do they need salvation?

Some believers have lost their minds and think that recipients can perish, even though Jesus said recipients of eternal life shall never perish.

Do they need salvation?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From post 26-
I said:
JLB answered:
"Yes."

My response to that answer:
"Wow. Well, there we have it, plain as day. JLB DOES believe that Jesus was being UNTRUTHFUL in the verses I cited above. Amazing, for sure. At least he is being honest about his opinions."

It's a human story, for heaven's sake. No way the father would have been speaking about his son's spiritual status. Only those who prefer to twist a parable by spiritualizing it would think so.

And "reconciliation" and "fellowship" in this parable are the same thing.

I prove from Scripture that your claim here is wrong.

If you want to argue, as the Calvinists do, that "the world" here only means "the world of the ELECT", then I have some more verses in this same context for you:

15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

The red words obviously mean everyone. The blue words refer to those who have believed in Christ for salvation.

Yes, there is joy when a believer's fellowship with the Lord is restored.

It is, but it seems not very many believers are even aware of the concept.

Define "lost" please. Everyone needs salvation. Some have it already, but many don't.

Believers get lost in the woods. do they need salvation?

Some believers have lost their minds and think that recipients can perish, even though Jesus said recipients of eternal life shall never perish.

Do they need salvation?

Did the prodigal son die physically or spiritually?

It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’ ” Like 15:32

Was the prodigal son “lost in the woods” as you deceitfully claim, or did he need repent because of his sin?

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ignoring the truth won’t change it.
Yes, that is what I am thinking. Why do you ignore EVERY verse that teaches eternal security?

The key is in the word "abiding", which you also ignore.

If John had meant that hating a brother results in LOSS of eternal life, he wouldn't have included the word "abiding". The sentence would have been totally clear without the word. But he DID include that word. Because he was very familiar with what Jesus taught about bearing fruit in John 15:1-7.

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

The red words indicate the subject of this passage; bearing fruit.

The blue words indicate that the 11 disciples were already SAVED. It was an affirmation that they didn't need to worry about it, as Arminians continually do, since they have no eternal security.

The purple words reveal the concept of "abiding" or "remaining". It's a reciprocal relationship, with the subject being fruit bearing.

But JLB perverts Scripture into the idea that "abiding" is about salvation.

Those who "abide" are saved.
Those who aren't "abiding" aren't saved.
He has no credibility.

We are called to love, and abide in love.
Yep.

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
1 John 3:14
JLB
Since Jesus removed any possibility that a recipient of eternal life can perish, it is simply ludicrous to use this verse to teach that lack of loving a brother results in loss of eternal life, which is tantamount to perishing.

Reactions: Gr8Grace
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Did the prodigal son die physically or spiritually?
Neither, as I answered previously. Do you read my posts? Or are you on auto-pilot?

It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’ ” Like 15:32

Was the prodigal son “lost in the woods” as you deceitfully claim, or did he need repent because of his sin?
I never said anything about any son being lost in the woods. Apparently you really DON'T read my posts.

I asked if someone was "lost" in the woods, do they need salvation.

But, you twisted a straight up question into some kind of silly twist about the parable.

This is just another dodge to avoid answering my question that PROVES that even the word "lost" needs to be defined, as it can refer to many different things.

How about this one? Does a person who is "lost" in thought in need of salvation?

See where this goes?

So, quit being deceitful yourself and define your words if you expect an answer.

What you WON'T even address is the reality that fellowhsip between persons can end, be lost, die, etc.

And fellowship between believers (children of God) and God (Heavenly Father) can end, be lost, die, etc.

But you don't want to admit that. Yet, it is obviously true. As I've proven from Scripture.

Why do you continue to think that recipients of eternal life can perish, when Jesus the opposite?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is what I am thinking. Why do you ignore EVERY verse that teaches eternal security?

The key is in the word "abiding", which you also ignore.

If John had meant that hating a brother results in LOSS of eternal life, he wouldn't have included the word "abiding". The sentence would have been totally clear without the word. But he DID include that word. Because he was very familiar with what Jesus taught about bearing fruit in John 15:1-7.

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

The red words indicate the subject of this passage; bearing fruit.

The blue words indicate that the 11 disciples were already SAVED. It was an affirmation that they didn't need to worry about it, as Arminians continually do, since they have no eternal security.

The purple words reveal the concept of "abiding" or "remaining". It's a reciprocal relationship, with the subject being fruit bearing.

But JLB perverts Scripture into the idea that "abiding" is about salvation.

Those who "abide" are saved.
Those who aren't "abiding" aren't saved.
He has no credibility.

Yep.

Since Jesus removed any possibility that a recipient of eternal life can perish, it is simply ludicrous to use this verse to teach that lack of loving a brother results in loss of eternal life, which is tantamount to perishing.

Jesus instructed us to remain in Him, or be cast into the fire and burned.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Here is how we are instructed to remain “in Christ”.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I asked:
"Yes, that is what I am thinking. Why do you ignore EVERY verse that teaches eternal security?"
Jesus instructed us to remain in Him, or be cast into the fire and burned.
This isn't an answer to my question. And what Jesus instructed us to do has NOTHING to do with maintenance of salvation.

Because He alone is the One who maintains our salvation. We CANNOT either save ourselves, or maintain our salvation. But Satan wants every believer to be deceived into thinking that.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6
The passage is obviously about bearing fruit, not maintaining salvation.

But it seems your opinion is that Jesus is instructing believers to maintain their own salvation.

Here is how we are instructed to remain “in Christ”.
Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24
Let's start with the beginning of John's excellent epistle.

In chapter 1, John STRESSES the importance of fellowship, and the way to be IN fellowship with the Lord; confession of sin. That is how the believer ABIDES in Him.

If the believer had ANY influence on their POSITION IN Christ, then Paul would not have written Eph 1:13,14

What part of "guaranteeing our inheritance" are you not clear about?

And Jesus taught in the clearest of language that recipients of eternal life (those He gives eternal life) shall never perish.

But your opinion is that recipients of eternal life CAN perish.

Do you see the difference between your opinion and Jesus' teaching?

The apostle Peter taught the same thing from a different perspective.

Please explain how a person who has been born again of IMPERISHABLE SEED can ever perish.

Of course, you can't. Because those born again CANNOT PERISH. They have been born again of IMPERISHABLE SEED.

What part of IMPERISHABLE are you not clear about?

• Agree
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I asked:
"Yes, that is what I am thinking. Why do you ignore EVERY verse that teaches eternal security?"

This isn't an answer to my question. And what Jesus instructed us to do has NOTHING to do with maintenance of salvation.

Because He alone is the One who maintains our salvation. We CANNOT either save ourselves, or maintain our salvation. But Satan wants every believer to be deceived into thinking that.

The passage is obviously about bearing fruit, not maintaining salvation.

But it seems your opinion is that Jesus is instructing believers to maintain their own salvation.

Let's start with the beginning of John's excellent epistle.

In chapter 1, John STRESSES the importance of fellowship, and the way to be IN fellowship with the Lord; confession of sin. That is how the believer ABIDES in Him.

If the believer had ANY influence on their POSITION IN Christ, then Paul would not have written Eph 1:13,14

What part of "guaranteeing our inheritance" are you not clear about?

And Jesus taught in the clearest of language that recipients of eternal life (those He gives eternal life) shall never perish.

But your opinion is that recipients of eternal life CAN perish.

Do you see the difference between your opinion and Jesus' teaching?

The apostle Peter taught the same thing from a different perspective.

Please explain how a person who has been born again of IMPERISHABLE SEED can ever perish.

Of course, you can't. Because those born again CANNOT PERISH. They have been born again of IMPERISHABLE SEED.

What part of IMPERISHABLE are you not clear about?

So you are teaching that born again Christians don’t need to obey Jesus Christ in order to receive eternal salvation?

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

JLB

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you are teaching that born again Christians don’t need to obey Jesus Christ in order to receive eternal salvation?
I certainly don't teach anyone that works are required for salvation. Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ. That's what I teach.

Do you teach that works are required for salvation?

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9
John 5:24 - “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:47 - Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

1 John 5:11, 13
11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Now, please point out any indication that possessing eternal life is based on obedience.

If you can't, then figure out why Heb 5:9 doesn't teach what you think it teaches.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I certainly don't teach anyone that works are required for salvation. Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ. That's what I teach.

Do you teach that works are required for salvation?

John 5:24 - “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Now, please point out any indication that possessing eternal life is based on obedience.

If you can't, then figure out why Heb 5:9 doesn't teach what you think it teaches.

Please answer my question.

Yes

or

No.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please answer my question.
I did.

This was my answer:
"I certainly don't teach anyone that works are required for salvation. Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ. That's what I teach.

Do you teach that works are required for salvation?"

But you failed to answer mine. Please answer my question.

Yes, you quoted this verse in your last post. And I responded to it.

Here is my response again:
"John 5:24 - “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

If you can't, then figure out why Heb 5:9 doesn't teach what you think it teaches."

And once again, you failed to answer my question.

Why do you ask questions but don't answer any?

• Winner
Upvote 0