Has God ever restored a broken relationship for you?

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm single, but I have been reading through the marriage forum some. I see some of the posters having broken relationships. I was wanting to know if any of you all ever had a broken relationship that in your eyes seemed hopepless, but God worked an miracle and restored it?

For example, let's say that you had a relationship. There was communication issues and some other problems. The other person moved on. All seemed hopepless, but God came through and restored you and that person.

I read one time that God can heal any broken relationship no matter how bad it is, I just wonder if he ever has?!?!

If so, how was the relationship restored? How did God work?

blitzn

God is my Strong Tower
Jul 2, 2003
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
Just wanted to make my entry is this thread in faith!

I know of at least two marriages of folks here at CF that were restored, and not only that, but they were renewed in only the way the Lord can. I'll let those folks speak for themselves, hehe. There are tons of stories at the Restore Ministries website; they're so uplifting, and are so helpful to those of us who are currently struggling. Praise God.

- blitzn

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
blitzn said:

I know of at least two marriages of folks here at CF that were restored, and not only that, but they were renewed in only the way the Lord can. I'll let those folks speak for themselves, hehe. There are tons of stories at the Restore Ministries website; they're so uplifting, and are so helpful to those of us who are currently struggling. Praise God.

- blitzn
blitzn can you post the address for that website I would like to read the testimonies. Thanks

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
I have had no experience of having a broken relationship restored. I have heard of husband/wife. But I have never seen boyfriend/girlfriend relationships restored.

My serious boyfriend before my husband, we decided we were going to be friends afterwards. Mainly because we were in a small town and it was easier to be civil towards each other. It was too hard to even see each other for quite a while.

The problem with restoring relationships is both people have to want it. If only one wants it, it ain't gonna happen. I think in our case, I wanted him back, but he didn't want to, so we haven't spoken for 4 years now.

Upvote 0

blitzn

God is my Strong Tower
Jul 2, 2003
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
mrstace said:
blitzn can you post the address for that website I would like to read the testimonies. Thanks
http://www.restoreministries.net, but specifically here:
http://www.restoreministries.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi?page=restored_marriages

You'll see references to a book in many of the testimonies, and if you're someone like me, you may initially think that it's a sales scam or something; believe me, it's far from it. This site is annointed and used by the Lord to teach the truth found in His Word as it relates to marriage and families. The book they mention is sort of an instruction manual to get folks pointed in the right direction and a proper foundation established. As with anything else, check what they say against the Word of God. Reading those testimonies was probably the only thing at the time that helped me realize there was hope in the Lord for my whole situation to turn around. I'm not sure where I'd be right now if He hadn't led me there.

- blitzn

Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
mrstace said:
I'm single, but I have been reading through the marriage forum some. I see some of the posters having broken relationships. I was wanting to know if any of you all ever had a broken relationship that in your eyes seemed hopepless, but God worked an miracle and restored it?

For example, let's say that you had a relationship. There was communication issues and some other problems. The other person moved on. All seemed hopepless, but God came through and restored you and that person.

I read one time that God can heal any broken relationship no matter how bad it is, I just wonder if he ever has?!?!

R U talking to me? Our marriage has been restored through faith in Christ..My husband cheated on me once. I tell ya it felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest, and honestly I was not sure at first if we would make it or not. The affair though was not the only thing "wrong" with our relationship. We did not communicate well at all. We fought all of the time..

Something my hubby told me last night..I always prayed for Christ to bring you to him..not just whenever we were having our worst problems..I begged and pleaded..I love my wife and I'm so sorry for the way that I am..I want to be married to her..

Funny he told me that because when we had our worst problems yes I was infuriated, and even contimplated divorce..I knew in my heart though that I would reconcile...He prayed and got exactly what he asked. Here I am..

As for the affair Y did I forgive him? He asked it of me, and "repented". This of course took a while for me to belive, and for a while the resentment and anger I had over that almost consumed me..He had his frustrations as well, but we persevered and got through it. I had to realize that nobody was perfect, and that my actions only compounded the problem. That is not excusing..it was part of the forgiving process..

When I became a beliver I started to pray for Christ to come into our marriage and bind us so tightly that nothing could come between us. It is amazing what happens when 2 people are married are praying for the same thing. Our love is maturing and developing into something new...

For instance..One eveing my husband and I got into an argument about something that was nothing. Nothing was wrong or going "badly". In a huff I went off to use the toilet..I started thinking about what was going on, and I thought this is ridiculous! I was convicted to apologize despite the words that sprung from his mouth for I too was guilty...As I turned the corner in the hall there he was meeting me for the same purpose.

Everything though is not flowers and fantasy romance. We have to work together to grow, and now that Christ is in both of our lives teaming is much more fruitful. We are still only human and have our arguments just like everybody else, but Christ is restoring us. Perseverence in Christ even durring the darkest times can bring restoration not only in eternal life, but in physically life as well. We are living proof.

Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
blitzn said:

- blitzn
A :hug: for you. I know you need it.

Upvote 0

blitzn

God is my Strong Tower
Jul 2, 2003
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
water_ripple said:
A :hug: for you. I know you need it.
Thank you so much, I very much do need it. It seems every other day my feelings about what to do are swinging back and forth. As yet my wife is unwilling to submit to anything that she should (most of all God); it's so great to see you and your husband get over such an obstacle with the Lord's help, and that He's enabling you to reach new places spiritually together. I love my wife, but I don't know how much longer I can hold-out without knowing whether or not there's a chance she'll do what she needs to. It's tough, but I wait on the Lord daily. Thank you Father.

- blitzn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
water_ripple said:
R U talking to me? Our marriage has been restored through faith in Christ..My husband cheated on me once. I tell ya it felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest, and honestly I was not sure at first if we would make it or not. The affair though was not the only thing "wrong" with our relationship. We did not communicate well at all. We fought all of the time..

Something my hubby told me last night..I always prayed for Christ to bring you to him..not just whenever we were having our worst problems..I begged and pleaded..I love my wife and I'm so sorry for the way that I am..I want to be married to her..

Funny he told me that because when we had our worst problems yes I was infuriated, and even contimplated divorce..I knew in my heart though that I would reconcile...He prayed and got exactly what he asked. Here I am..

As for the affair Y did I forgive him? He asked it of me, and "repented". This of course took a while for me to belive, and for a while the resentment and anger I had over that almost consumed me..He had his frustrations as well, but we persevered and got through it. I had to realize that nobody was perfect, and that my actions only compounded the problem. That is not excusing..it was part of the forgiving process..

When I became a beliver I started to pray for Christ to come into our marriage and bind us so tightly that nothing could come between us. It is amazing what happens when 2 people are married are praying for the same thing. Our love is maturing and developing into something new...

For instance..One eveing my husband and I got into an argument about something that was nothing. Nothing was wrong or going "badly". In a huff I went off to use the toilet..I started thinking about what was going on, and I thought this is ridiculous! I was convicted to apologize despite the words that sprung from his mouth for I too was guilty...As I turned the corner in the hall there he was meeting me for the same purpose.

Everything though is not flowers and fantasy romance. We have to work together to grow, and now that Christ is in both of our lives teaming is much more fruitful. We are still only human and have our arguments just like everybody else, but Christ is restoring us. Perseverence in Christ even durring the darkest times can bring restoration not only in eternal life, but in physically life as well. We are living proof.
This is a great testimony of God working in your marriage to heal it, and keep is strong. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

Mom4Christ

Jul 1, 2003
Arizona
✟272.00
Faith
Christian
My husband cheated on me once as well. Actually, I kissed another man first. We separeted for about 3 weeks and we missed each other so much. We reconciled, but he cheated on me. It was so tough. It took a lot of prayer and communication to restore ourmarriage. It has been tough, but I am so in love with him and we have learned so much from these experiences. We could not have done it without God.

Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
blitzn said:
Thank you so much, I very much do need it. It seems every other day my feelings about what to do are swinging back and forth. As yet my wife is unwilling to submit to anything that she should (most of all God); it's so great to see you and your husband get over such an obstacle with the Lord's help, and that He's enabling you to reach new places spiritually together. I love my wife, but I don't know how much longer I can hold-out without knowing whether or not there's a chance she'll do what she needs to. It's tough, but I wait on the Lord daily. Thank you Father.

- blitzn
O I know that feeling. Sometimes it can consume you with dread...As for your situation I know that you've heard both sides of the story..The only advice I can give is do as the Spirit guides you. I am sure you already seek Him in prayer, and if the Holy Spirit is pushing you to an ends therin lies your answer. The same applies if the Spirit guides you to persever..She may not be submitting to God like she is supposed to, but remember that since she is not submitting to God neither will she submit to you. Christ can restore broken relationships to overflowing happiness, but the state of the heart will determine if one will receive...Blitzin I truly and deeply hurt for you, and I pray that my words have not inflicted any more pain that you are going through. I do pray that the Holy Spirit lead you on any decision you make.

Upvote 0

blitzn

God is my Strong Tower
Jul 2, 2003
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
water_ripple said:
O I know that feeling. Sometimes it can consume you with dread...As for your situation I know that you've heard both sides of the story..The only advice I can give is do as the Spirit guides you. I am sure you already seek Him in prayer, and if the Holy Spirit is pushing you to an ends therin lies your answer. The same applies if the Spirit guides you to persever..She may not be submitting to God like she is supposed to, but remember that since she is not submitting to God neither will she submit to you. Christ can restore broken relationships to overflowing happiness, but the state of the heart will determine if one will receive...Blitzin I truly and deeply hurt for you, and I pray that my words have not inflicted any more pain that you are going through. I do pray that the Holy Spirit lead you on any decision you make.
No, your words are fine, thank you... I don't think I could hurt anymore that I have/do. In the midst of all this, I have an inner strength only the Lord could provide, but I have a pretty soft heart, I always have; Part of me hurts with the pain of what she has done to me, and the other part hurts with a heart for my wife and what she must be going through to drive her to these things - it's a rough combination. I'm so tired of crying, I hate it. You made a good point about submitting to God first - that actually was the root of a lot of this, my wife has had trouble with the "team-thing" from the beginning, I've always been willing to compromise or give-in for her if there's a difference of opinion, but unfortunately it wasn't that way for her - I never asked for too much from her, I really didn't. To me, the things she's doing now really show where her heart has been all along, and that was why I was pretty unhappy a lot of the time, I was disappointed in her behavior toward me. This is also why I think the Lord may be using these things in order to bring her back to Him and then to me - she's reaping what she's been sowing in her heart, and I know it can't last forever. She has told me that she knows what she's doing is wrong, but that she can't trust me. I still can't figure out that one, I've never done anything bad to her, but I did neglect my responsibilities as spritual head of my house; I was in a different place then than I am now, it won't be that way again for me. Well I could talk for hours about this and that, but it boils down to the fact that I'm waiting for the Lord to help her mentally and emotionally and to replace her heart of stone with a heart of flesh, things only He can do. Thank you for your prayers.

- blitzn

Upvote 0

fulfilled

Nov 21, 2003
✟141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
mrstace said:

I just have to reply to this post, marriage for me and my childhood sweetheart has been a nightmare, constant arguments, fights and all kinds of disharmony. We have been separated at least twice in our 13 years of marriage but have always found a way back to each other. After my last baby who is now 5 years old, every aspect of our lives had deteriorated so much that we could not live together anymore. I just
had to move out for good and try to make a life for our four children.
Bitter, brokenhearted, disappointed and struggling, I lost all faith in people and I sought the Lord with all my heart and soul. He healed my heart and provided for me miraculously. I had decided to carry myself honorably, to be a good christian example to my children even though my marriage failed. I never dated or considered remarrying, I just spent time with my God and felt complete and whole in Him. During this whole time, I had no contact with my husband in any way. I had grown spiritually strong enough to be able to forgive him but never prayed anymore for restoration ( I did a whole lot of that earlier on in the marriage). I did not know that the Lord was working on Him this whole time. This story spans a 13 year period so here's the bottom line, today, my very God fearing and loving husband is back with me and the children and we are a happy family again. It is a different kind of relationship now because I had gotten used to being fully dependent on God for everything including my emotions and self worth, this enables us both to be real with each other because there's no unecessary burdens of guilt to carry around. We both know to cast our cares unto the Lord and not to each other, we comfort each other but the Lord bears our burdens. I also have a more balanced outlook on life now because I am not codependent on anyone anymore. I did not see it coming but after I heard how God reached out to him while I was gone, I cannot help but just thank Him for His grand plan for our lives and for breaking each of us to the point that we are able to fit into his will. Recipe for any marriage troubled or not - Both partners submitted to God and seeking to please Him above all else. Marriages will survive and be revived when we focus on the goodness of God and less on our partners shortcomings. We will also receive wisdom to deal with everyday situations as we seek His face.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
blitzn said:
No, your words are fine, thank you... I don't think I could hurt anymore that I have/do. In the midst of all this, I have an inner strength only the Lord could provide, but I have a pretty soft heart, I always have; Part of me hurts with the pain of what she has done to me, and the other part hurts with a heart for my wife and what she must be going through to drive her to these things - it's a rough combination. I'm so tired of crying, I hate it. You made a good point about submitting to God first - that actually was the root of a lot of this, my wife has had trouble with the "team-thing" from the beginning, I've always been willing to compromise or give-in for her if there's a difference of opinion, but unfortunately it wasn't that way for her - I never asked for too much from her, I really didn't. To me, the things she's doing now really show where her heart has been all along, and that was why I was pretty unhappy a lot of the time, I was disappointed in her behavior toward me. This is also why I think the Lord may be using these things in order to bring her back to Him and then to me - she's reaping what she's been sowing in her heart, and I know it can't last forever. She has told me that she knows what she's doing is wrong, but that she can't trust me. I still can't figure out that one, I've never done anything bad to her, but I did neglect my responsibilities as spritual head of my house; I was in a different place then than I am now, it won't be that way again for me. Well I could talk for hours about this and that, but it boils down to the fact that I'm waiting for the Lord to help her mentally and emotionally and to replace her heart of stone with a heart of flesh, things only He can do. Thank you for your prayers.

- blitzn
ouch. a small light does shine through the darkness..at least you guys are still talking. Brightly infact that she is aware that she knows what she's doing is wrong..Neglecting your role as spiritual head of the household huh? I accused my hubby of that at first, but if it were not for him I might not be where I am today...Sometimes that requires steadfast prayer in the face of an impending divorce...it worked for us. And I bet that same conflict of pain you have is similar somewhat to my hubby's conflict when I "ran away" from the pain..At that time though both of us were hurting, and I was so mad at him..O yes I am quite responsible for our problems as well (which I always used to blame on him..and judge him for he could not live up to the expectations I held in high regard for myself). All along infact he has been the spiritual head of the family..but now I feel a push in the Spirit to be closer to the Lord..I cannot leave him behind..

Now I face the consequences for running over his spiritual position in the household..I want to start going to church, and at the present time he's like no way am I going to a church..I have my own relationship with God, and I do not need anyone teaching me dogma..What can I do..I have done enough damage already. I have resolved to go myself first to this new church, and take the kids to Sunday School. I think perhaps this one is best done through very quiet and considerate action. It has nothing to do with dogma, but going in faith to further heal the relationship through Christ. Perhaps he will come to my baptisim..a bit of light in the darkness? Ah look at me going on..

blitzin I am giving in faith the blessings others have given me. I pray that peace be upon you in this hour of deep need, and that Christ touch the heart of your wife. In Jesus Christ's name..Amen.

Upvote 0

fulfilled

Nov 21, 2003
✟141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
water_ripple said:
Sorry blitzin fulfilled got the numbers, but in faith they are yours.

:wave: fulfilled. Welcome to CF.

Thank you for your welcome water_ripple.

In the case of the "mistaken blessings" I hereby pass on all 1889 blessings that were meant for "blitzn". I also add 40 from me!
Enjoy

Reactions: water_ripple
Upvote 0

blitzn

God is my Strong Tower
Jul 2, 2003
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
fulfilled said:
I just have to reply to this post, marriage for me and my childhood sweetheart has been a nightmare, constant arguments, fights and all kinds of disharmony. We have been separated at least twice in our 13 years of marriage but have always found a way back to each other. After my last baby who is now 5 years old, every aspect of our lives had deteriorated so much that we could not live together anymore. I just
had to move out for good and try to make a life for our four children.
Bitter, brokenhearted, disappointed and struggling, I lost all faith in people and I sought the Lord with all my heart and soul. He healed my heart and provided for me miraculously. I had decided to carry myself honorably, to be a good christian example to my children even though my marriage failed. I never dated or considered remarrying, I just spent time with my God and felt complete and whole in Him. During this whole time, I had no contact with my husband in any way. I had grown spiritually strong enough to be able to forgive him but never prayed anymore for restoration ( I did a whole lot of that earlier on in the marriage). I did not know that the Lord was working on Him this whole time. This story spans a 13 year period so here's the bottom line, today, my very God fearing and loving husband is back with me and the children and we are a happy family again. It is a different kind of relationship now because I had gotten used to being fully dependent on God for everything including my emotions and self worth, this enables us both to be real with each other because there's no unecessary burdens of guilt to carry around. We both know to cast our cares unto the Lord and not to each other, we comfort each other but the Lord bears our burdens. I also have a more balanced outlook on life now because I am not codependent on anyone anymore. I did not see it coming but after I heard how God reached out to him while I was gone, I cannot help but just thank Him for His grand plan for our lives and for breaking each of us to the point that we are able to fit into his will. Recipe for any marriage troubled or not - Both partners submitted to God and seeking to please Him above all else. Marriages will survive and be revived when we focus on the goodness of God and less on our partners shortcomings. We will also receive wisdom to deal with everyday situations as we seek His face.
Blessings
fulfilled,

That's so awesome - you have discovered what many people need to know about a healthy marriage; makes me smile to see the Lord move that way for His children.

I had thought that my wife and I were the same in that regard (the Lord's place in our respective lives) before we got married, and for most of the time at first - but, as the normal pressures came, the condition of her soul became apparent and I really had no idea. I guess being naive or ignorant, I sorta thought that if my wife was saved and knew the Lord that things like what are happening now could never happen, because in my own mind, they have never been options, because I know the Lord and know what's right and wrong. But, we have both had drastically different lives, and I guess that's how things can get interesting. Our engagement was shorter than it should have been, but I really felt the Lord was guiding us. I keep saying to myself, how could you not have seen this coming, how did this get by you? I pray daily for her, but not as much as I was for the first few months. I have daily struggles about whether or not to move forward and end this situation, or to hold on a little longer. It seems everytime I'm about to decide to make some phone calls to do that, I read something here at CF that causes me to wait just a little longer; don't know why. The days and weeks and months are going by now - she told me that she hasn't talked to an attorney about filing yet because she doesn't have the money. I just know in my heart that the Lord will not allow her to stay in this state for too long before He allows events to happen in order to bring her back. The question is how long will that be and where do I fall in the picture, or do I not at all? So I wait a little longer...

- blitzn

Upvote 0