Has God ever changed His mind on something He spoke to you?

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right,
Just so you understand why I asked,

My partner and I broke up, long story short, childhood incidents effected me in my adult years. I became very angry, bitter, hatred, jealousy, etc.
it was too much for my partner to handle. We broke up leaving 2 kids living with her and I separated.
One night in my apartment, I believed it was God talking to me.
He said about my partner that “She is your wife and you will have a son”
We got back together and have great news, she is pregnant.
I was so confident in God that I believed we would have a boy. I told everyone who gave their opinion on what sex it could be, “trust me, it’s a boy”
We found out it’s a girl. Now once the baby has 10 fingers and 10 toes as the saying goes, we would be very grateful
But I doubted God, I mean, I can never believe He is speaking to me in that way again.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right,

My partner and I broke up, long story short, childhood incidents effected me in my adult years. I became very angry, bitter, hatred, jealousy, etc.
it was too much for my partner to handle. We broke up leaving 2 kids living with her and I separated.
I was so confident in God that I believed we would have a boy. I told everyone who gave their opinion on what sex it could be, “trust me, it’s a boy”
We found out it’s a girl. Now once the baby has 10 fingers and 10 toes as the saying goes, we would be very grateful
But I doubted God, I mean, I can never believe He is speaking to me in that way again.
In Gods defense, we are not married by law, but I met this girl both in early twenties. We have 2 daughters, I met Jesus when I had nothing but brokenness, we broke up.
Now we got back together and I don’t want anybody else. My partner always loved me through the turmoil years, was broken when we finished, delighted we got back and are happier than we ever were. We are engaged since 2011. We are 100% committed to each other. The only thing is we don’t have a marriage certificate.
Never the less, We are yoked together.
To add, even if we did tie the knot, we have decided together that the newborn on the way will be our last. 3 in total, all girls.
Why did God speak something to me and as it all played along perfectly(reunited and received our new home) and then, it never came to pass?

Has God ever spoke to you but it never turned out the way He said?
I’m looking for opinions on this and other people’s expiriances
To use we are not married is a total cop out, please do not use it against me. God knows my heart and how I class us as married and I know my partners heart in the matter too, put frankly, I wouldn’t put up with me, so she has to see something in me to come back after I ripped her heart to smithereens and try again. I’m certain she sees me as her life partner. We have our family and after losing our first home, I prayed to God for a new home. Well its what we received, a brand new,blank canvas House.

When God answers prayer, it can be identified by an instant answer, in my experience.
That is how God assures you that He is talking, in my experience.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When God answers prayer, it can be identified by an instant answer, in my experience.
That is how God assures you that He is talking, in my experience.
I get the instant answer, I had them too, but this was more like a future event. A prophecy about my life circumstances

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I get the instant answer, I had them too, but this was more like a future event. A prophecy about my life circumstances

So no, God does not change his prophecy.
Then, God would just be guessing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That may be your belief, but it may not be true.

Now we got back together and I don’t want anybody else. My partner always loved me through the turmoil years, was broken when we finished, delighted we got back and are happier than we ever were. We are engaged since 2011. We are 100% committed to each other. The only thing is we don’t have a marriage certificate.

So why are you not married?

Did you not think "she is your wife" was an instruction?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That may be your belief, but it may not be true.
That’s what made me come around to the fact, it might not have been God, but my own mind.

So why are you not married?

Did you not think "she is your wife" was an instruction?
It is an instruction and my own reasons for not marrying are due to the fact that my family and I don’t speak. I have nobody but 1 friend and would feel absolutely terrified and alone because nobody seems to like me, Besides that, I didn’t leave that part of my post open to discussion so stick with my question.
Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the answer is a bit more complicated. Indeed, God does NOT change His mind, but sometimes it might appear to us that this has happened. With regard to the prayer and prayer response, there are some things to consider.
While ALL prayers are answered, but they are not always answered right away. God will provide the answer when you are ready to receive that answer. Often, time is required before truth can be revealed.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Either that, or "she is your wife" was an instruction that you failed to follow.
I was thinking that too, but as stated, if we married in the morning, we ain’t having anymore children so that rules that out too

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This is simple.
If God would say "she is your wife" and you aren't married at that time, that would make God a liar. That couldn't have been God speaking. It was either an evil spirit or your own mind. I've heard both as spoken voices in my head, and it could sound like it's from God, and especially if it's sudden.
And I've heard God, and He wouldn't speak something that isn't true. ALWAYS test the spirits to see whether they are from God.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking that too, but as stated, if we married in the morning, we ain’t having anymore children so that rules that out too
I take it she is your wife?
What makes you think you won't have a son to fulfill the prophecy?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is simple.
If God would say "she is your wife" and you aren't married at that time, that would make God a liar. That couldn't have been God speaking. It was either an evil spirit or your own mind. I've heard both as spoken voices in my head, and it could sound like it's from God, and especially if it's sudden.
And I've heard God, and He wouldn't speak something that isn't true. ALWAYS test the spirits to see whether they are from God.
Good point.
I put it down to my own mind so because if it were evil, it would not part take in a family being re-united. It must have been my own wishful thinking.
Test the spirits.
Thank you

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Good point.
I put it down to my own mind so because if it were evil, it would not part take in a family being re-united. It must have been my own wishful thinking.
Test the spirits.
Thank you
You're welcome.
I would still advice you to marry her though. The Lord commands us to keep marriage sacred, and living together, with children nonetheless, is sin. If you want your family blessed and healthy, you are going to have to do it His way. There doesn't have to be a big wedding, but the Lord would want to unite you, so your union will be Holy and to His glory. You aren't alone. Jesus is with you.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Right,

If you are a believer, then you know that you're living contrary to
what God says in the Bible.
Repent of that and strive to live godly, make every effort to get
help with dealing with your issues and ask the Lord to help you walk
out forgiveness towards those who hurt you in the past and to help
you be a godly man who can properly learn to parent his children and
they too will come to saving faith in Jesus.
Also pray that the mother of your children will come to repentance
and call upon the Lord as well...as this too is important.

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0