Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

I say these as churches and as ages. In my family my mothers side was Virginia Pentecostal Holiness and my dad's side of the family was Saginaw Michigan Roman Catholic. I was brought up in the military and strangely enough was brought up Baptist. I have asked my dad, "Why the Baptist church?" In which his reply was that there was such a great personality of people who went there, in which there was.

I can remember growing up in the 1970's....

Visiting the Catholic church - In Saginaw Michigan was an awesome experience.
Attending Baptist conferences - Was a treat
Attending Pentecostal revivals - Was also great

Back in those days the Walton's was a big hit and the people use to call me Rocky-boy. It was fun going to all those conferences along with yearly trips to the amusement parks where me and my friends loved the drama. The people were hard working, well to do, and were very steadfast in their routine. But... In this day and time... My gosh have things changed! Have the revivals ceased? Have the conferences come to an end? Are the services still awesome?

Fickle; adjective
1. Likely to change, especially due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable.
2. not constant or loyal in affections.

It seems to me that the great services of times past have went fickle. It is hard to find revivals, conferences, and passion in the church services these days. It seems like there have been many churches that rise up, do well for a couple of years, and then people loose interest as if it is just another fad.

It is also easy to become fickle on a daily basis. Even in my own life, there are times like, what is this strange spiritual state that is setting in?

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. - James 1:8

Double mindedness, when it makes its way into the life of a human being makes them unstable, undependable, and very fickle. In our time it is easy to get caught up in environment that can contribute to fickleness. And I believe also sin in people lives makes them fickle and undependable, which is why I believe so many marriages are failing these days.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

I say these as churches and as ages. In my family my mothers side was Virginia Pentecostal Holiness and my dad's side of the family was Saginaw Michigan Roman Catholic. I was brought up in the military and strangely enough was brought up Baptist. I have asked my dad, "Why the Baptist church?" In which his reply was that there was such a great personality of people who went there, in which there was.

I can remember growing up in the 1970's....

Visiting the Catholic church - In Saginaw Michigan was an awesome experience.
Attending Baptist conferences - Was a treat
Attending Pentecostal revivals - Was also great

Back in those days the Walton's was a big hit and the people use to call me Rocky-boy. It was fun going to all those conferences along with yearly trips to the amusement parks where me and my friends loved the drama. The people were hard working, well to do, and were very steadfast in their routine. But... In this day and time... My gosh have things changed! Have the revivals ceased? Have the conferences come to an end? Are the services still awesome?

Fickle; adjective
1. Likely to change, especially due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable.
2. not constant or loyal in affections.

It seems to me that the great services of times past have went fickle. It is hard to find revivals, conferences, and passion in the church services these days. It seems like there have been many churches that rise up, do well for a couple of years, and then people loose interest as if it is just another fad.

It is also easy to become fickle on a daily basis. Even in my own life, there are times like, what is this strange spiritual state that is setting in?

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. - James 1:8

Double mindedness, when it makes its way into the life of a human being makes them unstable, undependable, and very fickle. In our time it is easy to get caught up in environment that can contribute to fickleness. And I believe also sin in people lives makes them fickle and undependable, which is why I believe so many marriages are failing these days.
I'm too young to have been alive during the 1970s but based off what I hear and the videos I watch it was a time of a more steadfast church and where people wren't ashamed of God. Also a time when holiness was a thing in many churches, it wasn't just exclusive to a few. Still though I believe we are entering a new stage though, where holiness will return bigger than ever, you hear many preachers give this message today confirming this. There will be churches getting it together without spot or blemish. Seeing this video yesterday though really encouraged me and supported this even more, there are still some conventions and such where young people meet and have fellowship and focus on God. Even though this is a rare phenomenon specifically for young people sadly...the next generation it is growing. It's coming back though I would say where conventions aren't just simply fun and games... and a few "biblical" ted talks (the speakers in ted talks are talented though and tend to be a better listen). Some people are starting to get serious about church today.

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0