Has Covid-19 changed/refined anyone's beliefs about how God heals today?

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
With Covid-19, we have seen how many churches, even megachurches who strongly believe that the signs and wonders of Jesus in the 4 Gospels are still present for us today, having to switch to online service broadcasts, and stopping their healing groups from going around praying for healing.

What happen to these churches who often teach us the following:
  1. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
  2. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12
  3. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:17-18
We read about how churches, who still insist on gathering today and going against social distancing, some of them ended up being new clusters of covid-19, and even today, I read about Rodney Howard Browne being arrested by the police. Florida police arrest pastor Rodney Howard-Browne - CNN

Anyone has their views about how God heals today being modified by this real life incident?

For me, my view has been refined to this, covid-19 has shown that the era of healing as "signs and wonders" is truly over. If Jesus were to come to earth now, as he did during the 4 Gospels, he would have healed people with covid-19 who are brought to him, to show us a sign that he is God among us.

But now, in the present evil age , as Paul would say in Galatians 1:4, there are no more signs and wonders to expect, the body of Christ is groaning in our earthly bodies, waiting eagerly for the rapture and our bodies to be transformed into one just like Christ had when he resurrected.

Until that comes to past, healing is not guaranteed to anyone. Just as Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:20 that "Trophimus I left at Miletus sick.", and advise his "son" Timothy to drink a little wine instead of the dirty water because of his illness in 1 Timothy 5:23, likewise, the church is to exercise common sense, wash their hands, and practice social distancing.

Any views from interested Christians?

I believe that miracles and divine healing still exists today. But the Holy Spirit only grants the gift of healing to certain people (1 Corinthians 12:4-10, 30).

The megachurch pastor who got arrested in Florida, he was the one that feared God more than man by continuing to keep the community of Christ open (Acts 5:29.) To us, God, and church is an essential service, more than even food. He is our top priority. And without church at all, people are going to be more prone to falling into sin and doubt. The latter, being the last thing we need in a worldwide crisis.

It is OK, however, for churches to practice extra precautions. People be spaced out 6 feet apart, always clean and sanitize the surfaces, especially the Bibles and pulpits. And urge anyone who is sick, elderly, or has a chronic health condition that makes them more susceptible to COVID-19 to not go to church, stay at home, and isolate for the safety of his fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
So on the other hand, the Shincheonji, Church of Jesus, the cult in South Korea that was responsible for bringing the outbreak in that country, actually required a woman who just went to Wuhan to attend a service, typical of cults that always doubts the salvation of those who miss a service or a function. Not only that, 200 members of the cult met together in Wuhan in Decemeber during the start of the COVID-19 outbreak in December and the leaders instructed it's members to ignore the "rumors" about the serious disease outbreak. It's leaders even denied that connection.
Followers of the doomsday church that is linked to South Korea's coronavirus outbreak were meeting in Wuhan until December
What is Shincheonji? Is it a cult? | GotQuestions.org

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
COVID-19 has nothing to do with healing. It is about the plagues mentioned in Revelation during end times.

Revelation 9:20 (NIV2011)
The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

Revelation 16:9 (NIV2011)
They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

You can't heal when the plagues come by the will of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With Covid-19, we have seen how many churches, even megachurches who strongly believe that the signs and wonders of Jesus in the 4 Gospels are still present for us today, having to switch to online service broadcasts, and stopping their healing groups from going around praying for healing.

2. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12
  3. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:17-18
We read about how churches, who still insist on gathering today and going against social distancing, some of them ended up being new clusters of covid-19, and even today, I read about Rodney Howard Browne being arrested by the police. Florida police arrest pastor Rodney Howard-Browne - CNN

Anyone has their views about how God heals today being modified by this real life incident?

For me, my view has been refined to this, covid-19 has shown that the era of healing as "signs and wonders" is truly over. If Jesus were to come to earth now, as he did during the 4 Gospels, he would have healed people with covid-19 who are brought to him, to show us a sign that he is God among us.

But now, in the present evil age , as Paul would say in Galatians 1:4, there are no more signs and wonders to expect, the body of Christ is groaning in our earthly bodies, waiting eagerly for the rapture and our bodies to be transformed into one just like Christ had when he resurrected.

Until that comes to past, healing is not guaranteed to anyone. Just as Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:20 that "Trophimus I left at Miletus sick.", and advise his "son" Timothy to drink a little wine instead of the dirty water because of his illness in 1 Timothy 5:23, likewise, the church is to exercise common sense, wash their hands, and practice social distancing.

God loves me and warned me to stay in my house for now.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I hope you are seeking the truth. Many are called but few are chosen.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you do make a distinction between signs and wonders, and the miracles we see today?

I say we must discern whether it comes from God the Father. Jesus Christ of Nazareth warned us about those who use His name with no authority.

21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Also, signs and wonders is a designation for all the supernatural works of God.

Be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, miraculous healing is available today.

Please don't take my comment as being irreverent, but if God is involved in miraculous healing today - why does he primarily heal diseases that can have alternative explanations for their healing? We really don't see God miraculously healing amputees or people with genetic disorders (like Down's syndrome). Is it only a coincidence that these would be a lot harder to find alternative explanations for if they did happen supernaturally?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
COVID-19 has nothing to do with healing. It is about the plagues mentioned in Revelation during end times.

Revelation 9:20 (NIV2011)
The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

Revelation 16:9 (NIV2011)
They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

You can't heal when the plagues come by the will of God.

That is a pretty sobering post

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Healing was never intended to be a health care plan.

These questions always remind me of the towns Jesus couldn't heal in because He couldn't prove He was in-network.

• Agree
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe we should speak words of life.. faith filled words never doubt. For if we doubt we wont get anything from God. We know laying hands on the sick and they shall recover is for ALL that follow believe in Jesus. He said these signs shall follow them that believe. So.. I think we should look to our self and ask why are WE not doing what Jesus said ALL that believe in Him will do.

Seeing people being healed every day from this virus praise God. Not going to let Satan still my joy my hope my faith with this virus. God is working.. wow its AWESOME! The best day to be alive! He never fails. Again.. why a post is not seen about those being healed. Why a post about doubt. Any doubt is never of God..forgive me. Not trying to offend you.

Speak words of life... speak His word.. you stand on what HE said.. not what you see going on around you. No one made a post from Oct 2019 to Feb 30 2020 and the 20,000 that died from the flu.

No clue where some are watching. I know mega churches still having meetings.. still praying for the sick..still seeing people healed. PRAISE GOD!

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,441.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I say we must discern whether it comes from God the Father. Jesus Christ of Nazareth warned us about those who use His name with no authority.

21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Also, signs and wonders is a designation for all the supernatural works of God.

Be blessed.

Yes, Jesus himself warned the Jews that, during the Great Tribulation, they will have to contend with the unholy Trinity, which is the anti-christ, the false prophet, and the beast also performing signs and wonders Matthew 24:24.

My belief is that will happen IN THE AGE TO COME. However, currently, Paul tells us we are in the BUT NOW time period, so my view is that signs and wonders have been withdrawn by the Holy Spirit.

We believe even though we cannot see, we take it by faith. But after the Body of Christ is raptured, then signs and wonders will emerge once again, Revelations 11 confirmed that the 2 witnesses will perform many of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,441.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe we should speak words of life.. faith filled words never doubt. For if we doubt we wont get anything from God. We know laying hands on the sick and they shall recover is for ALL that follow believe in Jesus. He said these signs shall follow them that believe. So.. I think we should look to our self and ask why are WE not doing what Jesus said ALL that believe in Him will do.

Seeing people being healed every day from this virus praise God. Not going to let Satan still my joy my hope my faith with this virus. God is working.. wow its AWESOME! The best day to be alive! He never fails. Again.. why a post is not seen about those being healed. Why a post about doubt. Any doubt is never of God..forgive me. Not trying to offend you.

Speak words of life... speak His word.. you stand on what HE said.. not what you see going on around you. No one made a post from Oct 2019 to Feb 30 2020 and the 20,000 that died from the flu.

No clue where some are watching. I know mega churches still having meetings.. still praying for the sick..still seeing people healed. PRAISE GOD!

If Bethel church really thought the promises of Mark 16:17-18 are true now, as you have stated, no way they would shut down their healing squads.

The problem, that everyone can see, is that these signs and wonders are no longer guaranteed to happen. It does not depend on how strong your faith is, if you go near someone with covid-19 now, there is a chance you will catch from him, regardless on how much you claim Mark 16:18, or Psalms 91.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,441.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that miracles and divine healing still exists today. But the Holy Spirit only grants the gift of healing to certain people (1 Corinthians 12:4-10, 30).

The megachurch pastor who got arrested in Florida, he was the one that feared God more than man by continuing to keep the community of Christ open (Acts 5:29.) To us, God, and church is an essential service, more than even food. He is our top priority. And without church at all, people are going to be more prone to falling into sin and doubt. The latter, being the last thing we need in a worldwide crisis.

It is OK, however, for churches to practice extra precautions. People be spaced out 6 feet apart, always clean and sanitize the surfaces, especially the Bibles and pulpits. And urge anyone who is sick, elderly, or has a chronic health condition that makes them more susceptible to COVID-19 to not go to church, stay at home, and isolate for the safety of his fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
So on the other hand, the Shincheonji, Church of Jesus, the cult in South Korea that was responsible for bringing the outbreak in that country, actually required a woman who just went to Wuhan to attend a service, typical of cults that always doubts the salvation of those who miss a service or a function. Not only that, 200 members of the cult met together in Wuhan in Decemeber during the start of the COVID-19 outbreak in December and the leaders instructed it's members to ignore the "rumors" about the serious disease outbreak. It's leaders even denied that connection.
Followers of the doomsday church that is linked to South Korea's coronavirus outbreak were meeting in Wuhan until December
What is Shincheonji? Is it a cult? | GotQuestions.org

I agree, because Paul himself told Timothy to exercise common sense and drink a bit of wine, because of his sickness.

One thing that is glaringly present in all the Word of Faith churches that preach divine healing, they always tend to go to the 4 Gospels and Early Acts.

One thing they refuse to consider is that, in Paul's instructions for the Body of Christ now, Romans-Philemon, Paul almost never talk about what Christ did in his earthly ministry, except for the last supper.

He also reminded the Corinthians that their attempt to do tongue speaking and prophecies are a huge mess and he hinted a number of times that those signs and wonders are fading away. He never urged any sick believer to go back to the 4 Gospels and claim those healing signs from John 14:12.

Surely there is a big hint to the Body of Christ about the role of divine healing now?

• Informative
Reactions: baryogenesis
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus himself warned the Jews that, during the Great Tribulation, they will have to contend with the unholy Trinity, which is the anti-christ, the false prophet, and the beast also performing signs and wonders Matthew 24:24.

My belief is that will happen IN THE AGE TO COME. However, currently, Paul tells us we are in the BUT NOW time period, so my view is that signs and wonders have been withdrawn by the Holy Spirit.

We believe even though we cannot see, we take it by faith. But after the Body of Christ is raptured, then signs and wonders will emerge once again, Revelations 11 confirmed that the 2 witnesses will perform many of them.
Actually Jesus Christ of Nazareth was warning Christians not to fall away as tribulation never seen before was to happen in 70AD.
Be blessed

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Miracles of healing do happen, but as I have stated, they are not guaranteed to happen.

That is the distinguishing factor that separates signs and wonders from the miracles we see today.

To give you a scriptural example, when John the Baptist disciples approach Jesus to clarify whether he was indeed the Messiah in Luke 7, how did Jesus respond to that request?

Did he:
  • Ask them to believe he is the Messiah by faith OR,
  • Made the blind see, raise the dead, made the lame walk almost immediately?
In contrast, when we share the good news of the gospel of grace, that Christ died for our sins and rose again on the 3rd day for our justification, based on 1 Cor 15:1-4, do people ask us to "show us a sign that I should believe you"?
No. It is an entirely different society now. Lord Jesus could not do many miracles in Nazareth because of their doubt and unbelief. The man who led me to Christ did not believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, let alone miracles.

Lord Jesus performed signs and wonders but not just to prove a point. He told the Pharisees that it was a wicked generation that demanded signs. (Matthew 12:39 and elsewhere). Some of the miracles during the 1970's revival in Indonesia (verified by arch-sceptic Kurt Koch) are as amazing as those that Lord Jesus performed, including raising the dead. Likewise some of the miracles in China in the time that Watchman Nee was ministering.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,441.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. It is an entirely different society now. Lord Jesus could not do many miracles in Nazareth because of their doubt and unbelief. The man who led me to Christ did not believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, let alone miracles.

Lord Jesus performed signs and wonders but not just to prove a point. He told the Pharisees that it was a wicked generation that demanded signs. (Matthew 12:39 and elsewhere). Some of the miracles during the 1970's revival in Indonesia (verified by arch-sceptic Kurt Koch) are as amazing as those that Lord Jesus performed, including raising the dead. Likewise some of the miracles in China in the time that Watchman Nee was ministering.

Yes, Jesus was restricted by the level of faith at certain times I agree. What I am trying to say is that, when it comes to signs and wonders, the recipient's faith has no bearing on the success of the miracle.

The resurrection of Lazarus was probably the best example of this. There is no way you can tell me someone who is dead is able to conjure any amount of faith. As I have explained in #18, Jesus deliberately waited for 4 days after death, and everyone in that funeral, including Mary and Martha, had no doubt that Laz IS dead (John 11:39)

Yet Jesus could resurrect him because, in the plan of God, that was meant as a SIGN to the Jews. The faith or the lack of faith in anyone there is IRRELEVANT to the success of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,441.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually Jesus Christ of Nazareth was warning Christians not to fall away as tribulation never seen before was to happen in 70AD.
Be blessed

Oh, I see you are a Preterist who believed that the Great Tribulation was at AD 70, okay then.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please don't take my comment as being irreverent, but if God is involved in miraculous healing today - why does he primarily heal diseases that can have alternative explanations for their healing? We really don't see God miraculously healing amputees or people with genetic disorders (like Down's syndrome). Is it only a coincidence that these would be a lot harder to find alternative explanations for if they did happen supernaturally?
No one has answered your question, i wonder why.

• Agree
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

TSWTBR

Mar 31, 2020
London
✟15,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had coronavirus back in January and was healed by the Lord in a time when I had turned away from God (I had before been a Christian all my life) and had been made to be completely blind to the fact that God even exists and I had no idea the kind of world or times we are living in. I have now come back to our Lord Jesus Christ and my eyes have been opened again. I am testimony that the Lord heals.

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Matthew 19:26

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Matthew 17:20

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had coronavirus back in January and was healed by the Lord in a time when I had turned away from God (I had before been a Christian all my life) and had been made to be completely blind to the fact that God even exists and I had no idea the kind of world or times we are living in. I have now come back to our Lord Jesus Christ and my eyes have been opened again. I am testimony that the Lord heals.

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Matthew 19:26

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Matthew 17:20
Yet no one has faith enough to move mountains. If you have such faith tell this virus to go away.

Upvote 0

TSWTBR

Mar 31, 2020
London
✟15,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus warned us that plagues would come, and as far as I'm aware he didn't instruct us to completely eradicate said plagues but that doesn't mean to say that one can't receive healing from the Lord if they were, God forbid to become stricken with for example coronavirus.
And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Matthew 24:3-13

I believe there may be people with faith enough to move mountains but I wouldn't expect them to be publicised all over the TV and media as I believe those outlets are run by the god of this world Satan and his children.

Upvote 0