Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Plasma from recovered coronavirus patients boosts others' survival rate, study says

A new study of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 suggests that a century-old technique involving blood plasma transfusions from recovered patients could improve survival rates if done early enough.

Plasma from recovered coronavirus patients boosts others' survival rate, study says

I had an idea based on this article. One very simple, but dangerous approach to a vaccine is to give someone a weakened form of the virus. It is dangerous because they could get sick, but it is very fast approach. You obviously would filter out candidates based on health and preexisting conditions.

My idea was this, what if you gave them the plasma first, say an hour before the vaccine? Not only do you do something to the virus to weaken it but you give the person's immune system a boost of antibodies right before the injection.

This is a question, opening it up for comments, ideas, and hopefully anyone who is fully versed on all the research in developing vaccines.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom

A new study of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 suggests that a century-old technique involving blood plasma transfusions from recovered patients could improve survival rates if done early enough.

I had an idea based on this article. One very simple, but dangerous approach to a vaccine is to give someone a weakened form of the virus. It is dangerous because they could get sick, but it is very fast approach. You obviously would filter out candidates based on health and preexisting conditions.

My idea was this, what if you gave them the plasma first, say an hour before the vaccine? Not only do you do something to the virus to weaken it but you give the person's immune system a boost of antibodies right before the injection.

This is a question, opening it up for comments, ideas, and hopefully anyone who is fully versed on all the research in developing vaccines.
Hahaha.....well if you're right they should fire Dr. Anthony Fauci right away and hire you in his place. That's his job to know the solution. I've always thought how nice it would be if an ignorant nobody,somebody like a Hurley from LOST, just happens to fall into the solution to a complex problem like the virus covid. Television interviews unending and all the "genius people" would end up working for him. :)

Upvote 0