• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has anyone tried the amethyst biomats for chronic conditions?

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A friend told us about the Bemer biomats that a friend of his was using. After researching we found a much cheaper amethyst biomat that looks promising. We bought one and in the course of a week I can see some improvement but was wondering if anyone has used them longer term and if there is hope for continued improvement.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seems like a fancy heating pad.
it actually does a great deal more...in a week, I have lessened my pain, increased sleep, reduced inflammation, and a few other small things. Even my husband loves it. WE were skeptical but both desperate and with a money back guarantee took the risk...so far, very impressed.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I said, we have only been using it for about a week. In order to avoid the placebo affect we took vitals so that we had a measurable. Our vitals are improving every day. My oxygen went from 93 to 97 (so far it isn't staying high but it hasn't been that high in years for even a little while) as I said the pain has decreased, my sleep is increased by about 300% which was due to chronic pain. My leg was shorter because of constant cramping muscles and is now a lot closer in length to the other leg (another measurable)

We are looking forward to what the future holds for it. Even the severe asthma day we had, when I was on the mat I could breath, off the mat and I was in trouble. It was astonishing and surprising all at the same time.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The placebo effect is real, not imaginary, which is why they do double-blind tests. Furthermore, the more expensive the placebo is, the better it works, for a time, anyway.

[quotethe word "seems" made me think that this was based on opinion not actual experience...have you tried them? Is this based on actual experience with them?[/quote]Yes, that's why I said "seems" and not "is".

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The placebo effect is real, not imaginary, which is why they do double-blind tests. Furthermore, the more expensive the placebo is, the better it works, for a time, anyway.

[quotethe word "seems" made me think that this was based on opinion not actual experience...have you tried them? Is this based on actual experience with them?
Yes, that's why I said "seems" and not "is".[/QUOTE]
but there is also science behind it...so....if you tried them can you elaborate on your experience with them...I didn't get any of the benefits I am getting with massage, deep tissue massage, heating pads, heating pads with massage, etc. and I was expecting something.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but there is also science behind it...so....
What is the science behind it? <- Real question

As far as I've read, which is not very far, pulsed electromagnetic force may aid in healing certain fractures, but not much else and infrared heat is just heat. The "healing power" of crystals is woo; rock salt or sand would do as well for retaining and radiating heat.

...and I was expecting something
Okay? Placebos do work consistently for some people sometimes. The test for a therapy is for it to work better for more people a greater percent of the time - it's rare for anything to be 100%.

If this works for you, then that's a good thing. Sounds like you should keep using it then.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is the science behind it? <- Real question

As far as I've read, which is not very far, pulsed electromagnetic force may aid in healing certain fractures, but not much else and infrared heat is just heat. The "healing power" of crystals is woo; rock salt or sand would do as well for retaining and radiating heat.
actually I have been reading all the science I can find and there is a lot of science on the healing power of FIR pulsing, (Infrared waves) and electromagnetic pulses for all kinds of things. Interestingly enough I haven't found the science on healing certain fractures yet. As to the crystals, yes I agree but the science has also says that amethyst/jade have infrared wave lengths in them which is why they work well for the mats.

It's more about the infrared wave lengths and interestingly enough, this last week, without anyone knowing what we were doing, one of my husband's friends posted an article about a dr. years and years ago that discovered the healing properties of certain wave lengths when it came to cancer but the pharmaceutical companies shut down his research before he could complete it. It really is very interesting stuff. In fact, last week my husband heard a story about them using some kind of red infrared wave light to heal dry macular degeneration with great results.
Okay? Placebos do work consistently for some people sometimes. The test for a therapy is for it to work better for more people a greater percent of the time - it's rare for anything to be 100%.

If this works for you, then that's a good thing. Sounds like you should keep using it then.
that is why I was wondering if anyone had used one for awhile and what the results were

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't currently have time to find all the articles that I have been looking at, some are actual scientific papers....but I can post some that I come across as I come across them...this one is homeopathic and just about crystals but it is a start. Please be patient if you are interested, have a lot going on right now that will slow me down. The Science behind Amethyst as a Healing Add-on - Biomat

The science behind the thermotherapy biomat

Infrared Therapy delivered via the Richway Amethyst Biomat

I'm not even suggesting all the science is conclusive if I was, I wouldn't have had a reason to post and ask others but the science is there nonetheless. I will post more as I find them and have time. Thanks for your patience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As to the crystals, yes I agree but the science has also says that amethyst/jade have infrared wave lengths in them which is why they work well for the mats.
I seriously doubt the science says that either amethyst or jade have infrared wave lengths "in" them - they are not radioactive. Infrared is just past the spectrum of visible light, just past the red we can see. Past that, you get to microwaves. Infrared waves are used mainly for remote-control devices (such as TV remotes) and heat devices. Medically, infrared is effective for photo-coagulation for the early stages of hemorrhoids (a bit less effective than rubber bands but less painful, so yay!), bone growth (look up "PEMF" or "pulsed electromagnetic force", including "FDA warning" against them being sold as a cure-all) and ordinary heat for physical therapy (a lot like heating pads or hot water bottles).

Amethyst and jade reflect different lengths of light which is why they are different in color.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't currently have time to find all the articles that I have been looking at, some are actual scientific papers....but I can post some that I come across as I come across them...this one is homeopathic and just about crystals but it is a start. Please be patient if you are interested, have a lot going on right now that will slow me down. The Science behind Amethyst as a Healing Add-on - Biomat

The science behind the thermotherapy biomat

Infrared Therapy delivered via the Richway Amethyst Biomat

I'm not even suggesting all the science is conclusive if I was, I wouldn't have had a reason to post and ask others but the science is there nonetheless. I will post more as I find them and have time. Thanks for your patience.
Homeopathy is the opposite of science.

The Science behind Amethyst as a Healing Add-on - Biomat - this link lists this article from the Sa Pharmaceutical Journal, as a reference to its "science":
SA Pharm Journal said:
In Conclusion If the virtues attributed to each crystal or gemstone are considered, it may be concluded that any stone can cure any disease. It appears, however, that in many cases of duplicate healing powers, either the colour or the constitution of the stone has indicated its appropriateness for a particular disease and that most of this has evolved over many centuries. The fact that crystal therapy has survived over so many centuries, is practised in so many countries, and that there is a renewed interest in it, makes one wonder whether it only has a placebo effect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the response...based on your posts you are not really interested in me putting forth the time to find the scientific papers that I was looking at nor do you consider NASA research to be anything but the "opposite of science" which is fine with me. I am not sure why you responded if you have never tried the biomats to see if they work or not but thank you for your time none the less.

Interesting story about homeopathy...when I was in Dr. care things went from critical to worse than critical. I was literally on deaths door as the saying goes. The problem was that they had me on meds they should never have given me and refused to listen when I told them what was going on. Well long story short I had two choices 1. stay in Dr. care and die (my husband says that I am under selling how bad it was) or 2. treat myself without Dr. care. I chose option 2 and in a short time using homeopathic methods, herbs, etc. I turned my health around. Now I still have some lingering problems that were brought on by Dr. care which is what I am thinking the mats might help with but as far as dying, I am healthier than I have been in years of dr. care. So poo poo homeopathic all you want, it literally saved my life which makes me willing to give it a try to correcting the health issues the Dr. created with their mystical joo joo of drugs without concern for the patient.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No I have not tried them but I am rather confused about why my left magnetic earring always falls off within a minute and the other within five. Does Europeans need bigger magnets than chinese or what...? After a thread of the "evil" forces of pretty stones, my stones that I got as a gift from a stonecollector went out of the house. I think He said He found them and I still do not know how something God created can be evil if noone has put spells on it. And then by the way who know if someone put a spell on the neighbours dog or cat or kids or car. And they are accepted in our houses and in our yards and we don't mind them usually. Pray to God and thank Him if that method works. I do not think we should see the devil in every bush. But that which is clearly evil or take us apart from God, that we should stay away from.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No I have not tried them but I am rather confused about why my left magnetic earring always falls off within a minute and the other within five. Does Europeans need bigger magnets than chinese or what...? After a thread of the "evil" forces of pretty stones, my stones that I got as a gift from a stonecollector went out of the house. I think He said He found them and I still do not know how something God created can be evil if noone has put spells on it. And then by the way who know if someone put a spell on the neighbours dog or cat or kids or car. And they are accepted in our houses and in our yards and we don't mind them usually. Pray to God and thank Him if that method works. I do not think we should see the devil in every bush. But that which is clearly evil or take us apart from God, that we should stay away from.
thanks for the encouragement.

as to the magnetic earring, is one lobe thicker than the other? My ears are like that.

As to demons attached, we thought of that, and there is such a thing but there are ways to protect oneself from such things and we took the precautions. Hint: it starts with praying God will guide us...so far we are impressed with the mats, not sure long term yet which is why we asked if anyone had experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
thanks for the encouragement.

as to the magnetic earring, is one lobe thicker than the other? My ears are like that.

As to demons attached, we thought of that, and there is such a thing but there are ways to protect oneself from such things and we took the precautions. Hint: it starts with praying God will guide us...so far we are impressed with the mats, not sure long term yet which is why we asked if anyone had experience.

On the contrary it is on the smaller earlobe that the magnetic earring falls off sooner... but I don't know about me and magnets... nor me and electricity... I use to get nervous around most electric stuff and very often I get small electrical bolts from touching metals, kitchen sink, fridge door, car handle multiple times a day, changing shampoo has not helped, wearing only cotton etc. The only place I did not have that problem was at my grandparents oldfashiond home without computers or tv. Maybe I Repel both electricity and magnets. :)

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On the contrary it is on the smaller earlobe that the magnetic earring falls off sooner... but I don't know about me and magnets... nor me and electricity... I use to get nervous around most electric stuff and very often I get small electrical bolts from touching metals, kitchen sink, fridge door, car handle multiple times a day, changing shampoo has not helped, wearing only cotton etc. The only place I did not have that problem was at my grandparents oldfashiond home without computers or tv. Maybe I Repel both electricity and magnets. :)
interesting...I had the opposite problem. In fact, I didn't have enough electricity in me to use a touch screen half the time. Started taking magnesium and things got better. No clue about the other side of the issue would be interesting to know.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since no one here seems to have tried the biomat I thought I would update so if anyone is interested in trying them. The first week we focused on testables like vital signs. My oxygen improvement was amazing. Both of our vitals were slightly better. Nothing sustained at that point.

Into second week we got a second mat so that I could sit on it. At first I was really bad after using it but by day 3 I was able to lay on my back for about a min. or two which is huge. I haven't been able to do that for years. Again it was not sustained but it has only been 3 days.

The mats suggest that you shouldn't see noticeable improvement for 30-45 days so I figure I should post here at least that long.

Just to give you an idea of what I am hoping the mats will help with (nothing else has helped) I have myofascial pain disease. For the last almost 6 years I have been in constant none stop pain. My muscles tighten so hard that it pulls all my vertebrae and hip out of line and there is nothing that can be done since it is none stop. The knots and bands are diminishing slightly but that might be due to the message that we were trying. When we stopped with the message I started getting a lot of swelling in my feet and legs and blue on my toes. That too is starting to go away. The neuromuscular issue is now in my abdomen with puts that pressure on my organs. I still am getting lung spasms and some variation in BP from it but when I am on the mat it eases so again looking for sustained. Well, that is short version and where we are so far.

We have tried already, heat pads, massage, hot/cold therapy, various pain methods of relief, more movement (bad idea), etc. nothing has helped. So far I am hopefully optimistic that the biomats will offer some permanent relief.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That sounds like it's working! This is something I would totally try. I have pink himalayan salt lamps throughout the house, one of my sons used to have breathing issues and he's not had to have any medications for it for about three years now. I do believe that they work when they're on full-time. I figure this is something similar. You will feel effects but it's going to take time to feel the full effects. God bless! :)

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That sounds like it's working! This is something I would totally try. I have pink himalayan salt lamps throughout the house, one of my sons used to have breathing issues and he's not had to have any medications for it for about three years now. I do believe that they work when they're on full-time. I figure this is something similar. You will feel effects but it's going to take time to feel the full effects. God bless! :)
thanks I really appreciate the info...we were given one of the himalayan salt lamps as a gift of condolences I guess you would say kind of complicated after our son died. I have trouble keeping a bulb in it though and don't know if I need a new socket or what.

We are getting ready to start week three and my pain is decreased. My cramping is iffy if it is better or not...I still have one very huge problem with that. I can now get enough relief when I turn over that I don't always have to get up. I can sleep a short time on my left side, and my oxygen has increased about 2 points. I also noticed that my husband snores less when he is on the mat.

How long did it take you to notice your son's breathing improving? The positive ion thing is part of the mat btw, not sure if you were aware of that.

Upvote 0