Has anyone spent time in a dream with their spouse who passed

Softbreeze

Oct 18, 2011
✟7,728.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
My husband and I was married 25 years and he died of brain cancer and I miss him so much. I asked God to give me a dream so i can spend time with my hubby. That night my prayers were answered. I took a slow walk from the kitchen to the living room while hugging his waist. We felt so in love. We smiled at each other then we went up stairs together. He was wearing one of my favorite peach shirts and he was so neatly dressed. I felt at peace with him. This dream kept me so at peace and I did not miss him because I felt that he was with me. That memory carried me through for about two weeks.

Reactions: Bookish 1

SFTS

Property of Jesus - Bob Dylan
May 29, 2014
Hampton Roads, VA
✟7,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, my Angel came to me in a dream and said everything was going to be alright. I felt such a peace and a literal warmth for a long time afterward. June 22, next month will be 3 years. I love and miss my Angel so much!

Reactions: Bookish 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sutekh

Jul 31, 2012
Southwestern U.S.
✟15,114.00
Faith
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
My husband and I was married 25 years and he died of brain cancer and I miss him so much. I asked God to give me a dream so i can spend time with my hubby. That night my prayers were answered. I took a slow walk from the kitchen to the living room while hugging his waist. We felt so in love. We smiled at each other then we went up stairs together. He was wearing one of my favorite peach shirts and he was so neatly dressed. I felt at peace with him. This dream kept me so at peace and I did not miss him because I felt that he was with me. That memory carried me through for about two weeks.

I dreamed that my wife "came home" about 3 months after her funeral. I experienced the same emotional problems that Alzheimer's patients have. I saw her, but knew that she couldn't be there, but tried to "go with the flow" and act as if everything was all right. Since the rational part of my mind knew that she had died and could not be healthy, the experience was very disturbing. I think that it is just part of the process of assimilating into the unconscious facts that take a while to sink in.

Upvote 0

Bookish 1

Jan 18, 2016
Phoenix
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I wish my husband would come to me in a dream. He just passed away 3 days ago after a long battle with multiple myeloma & kidney failure. I knew he would pass at some point, & thought I had already begun to mourn when he first got diagnosed 9 years ago. This is so much worse. I keep seeing him collapse, I keep remembering all the medical procedures he endured so stoically & I just break down. I hope & pray that he comes to me in a dream. I am so happy that he is no longer in pain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know what it is like to be married as I have never ever been married in my life, or even have had a boyfriend for that matter. I just enjoy being single way too much.

But that does not mean I don't have compassion for your pain, because I do.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, many times. He passed in 2005, so it has been way too many times to count. I sometimes feel a loss when I wake to find he is not with me. Other times I feel a great joy that I got to spend some more time with him. None the less, even when I awake sadly because he is not there, I am grateful for these dreams.

Upvote 0