• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has anyone had their dosage of metformin decreased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If so did doing that have any negative effects, like weight gain?

I have lost a bunch of weight since I first started taking metformin and lately I feel sick a lot. I'm wondering if I shouldn't get the dosage dropped a bit. My doctor mentioned doing that once and a pharmacist also said I could have it dropped gradually as I'm losing weight.

I go to the endocrinologist in September. If I keep getting sick I'm thinking about asking him but on the other hand I don't want to screw up my hormones by changing my dosage, either...

Genuine

Proudly supporting our troops!
Mar 12, 2006
North Pole, Alaska
Visit site
✟15,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is your diet like?? While taking Metformin you should be eating a low carb diet. So hard to do, but it's worth it for the drug to really do it's job. Mine makes me somewhat sick feeling if I don't eat enough breakfast.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to have mine increased from 1000mg to 1500mg. I'm hoping that this will work b/c I just really don't want to end up taking 2000mg (which is the cap). I started out taking 500mg and ended up loosing around 40lbs over a few months. But it was all low carb and high excerise and no fun!! LOL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.