• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has anyone had experience with pain and histamine (food sensitivites and pain)

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am wanting to hear from other people concerning experiences with chronic pain / Chronic Myofascial Pain and foods with histamine affecting this pain. Apparently the theory is that our body doesn't respond to histamine properly / control the histamine in our body properly and this can cause or increase pain. Foods such as aspartame, processed food, cheese, etc. (including many health foods) contain histamine and can aggravate pain. :confused:

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would be interested in this to but have not heard of anything to date.

I do know, food, weight = pain...get thee behind me chocolate.

Well said!!! I had a good chuckle. :ahah:
Supposedly, histamine which affects allergies can cause some sort of inflamation and add to pain? Apparently studies have been done. One of the doctors I've seen thinks this may add to my pain level. People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have chemical sensitivies and allergies. So far the best explanation I've come across is an article on the Vickerstaff Health Services Inc. web site called, "Dietary Management of Histamine Intolerance". I think this is a fairly new approach to pain management. This is new to me so I wanted to hear if others have come across it.

By the way, it's good to hear from you. How are things going?

Upvote 0