Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many semesters of foreign language? That always seems to be the core requirement that's the first to go, unfortunately.

It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure it's four semmesters of either a modern language (Spanish, French, Italian, German) or either Greek or Latin.

Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, first of all, don't go ANYWHERE because you fell in love with the campus. Go someplace where you'll get a great education, where the students are happy,where they've got a Rome program, where it's warm most of the year, where it's relatively inexpensive (or was in 1995). Both my son and daughter both are UD alums.

Put it this way, George Weigel, friend and biographer of JPII, sent his daughter Gwynneth to the University of Dallas. It is an excellent, excellent school.

We didn't set foot on the campus until my son's graduation and while I have to say the campus itself is not overly impressive, the students and the faculty ARE.

That is what to look for in a college.

A significant proportion of the faculty and student body are conservative Catholics, but not all. The result is intellectual ferment.

Both my children got an excellent intellectual and spiritual formation there. The proof? My daughter is about to enter a contemplative convent, and my son is in the top ten percent of his class at Notre Dame's Law School.

UD doesn't have what one would call a 'nice' campus. ;)

BTW, Patriarch, Ithe wife and I graduated in 1994. If you don't mind me asking, who's your son? You can PM me...maybe I know him :)

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2005
Greenville, SC
✟7,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
For theology, it would be good to at least look at Ave Maria, we are moving to our new campus next fall so it should be interesting, but the theology here is top notch. All of the theology professors make a public profession to the Bishop (like they are technically mandated by Church law to do- except a lot of schools dont do it) to teach authentic Catholic Theology. And the liturgy here is very nice thanks to Fr Fessio.

Upvote 0
C

cairaiii

I am a student at Catholic U!

I love it so much. I am a politics major, but if you have any questions about specific majors, just PM me and I will try to answer them.

CUA has a very strong Campus Ministry and spiritual life. There is so much support for anyone at any point in their faith.

I could talk some more but I am actually doing a paper for CUA.

Good luck in your discernment.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.