• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has anyone ever heard of a delusion that other people's art reflects thought about the Holy Spirit?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I have always had this nagging thought that things happen around me because I am there and I have never understood (probably because it doesn't make sense, right?).

But what I have thought is that maybe it has to do with the Holy Spirit - like people obsess about the Holy Spirit and make art, but because the Holy Spirit is innocence, their art ends up reflecting what He sees in God.

For someone who thinks they are between the Holy Spirit and God (which is not possible), it can seem like everything that happens around them is about them... its sort of like that delusion that someone is pretending to be you and you have to kill them to make it stop (John Lennon's killer) but in the other direction.

I would like to stop, but as you know, you cannot simply replace something with nothing - what do I do? [confess, son, confess?]

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there,

So I have always had this nagging thought that things happen around me because I am there and I have never understood (probably because it doesn't make sense, right?).

But what I have thought is that maybe it has to do with the Holy Spirit - like people obsess about the Holy Spirit and make art, but because the Holy Spirit is innocence, their art ends up reflecting what He sees in God.

For someone who thinks they are between the Holy Spirit and God (which is not possible), it can seem like everything that happens around them is about them... its sort of like that delusion that someone is pretending to be you and you have to kill them to make it stop (John Lennon's killer) but in the other direction.

I would like to stop, but as you know, you cannot simply replace something with nothing - what do I do? [confess, son, confess?]
This sounds like psychosis which can have lots of causes. I had it. People having psychosis usually experience delusions and/or hallucinations.

How are you feeling generally?

• Friendly
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,So I have always had this nagging thought that things happen around me because I am there and I have never understood (probably because it doesn't make sense, right?).

If we take the stand that God has plans for your life, then things happen around you becasue you are there. Any other questions?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
This sounds like psychosis which can have lots of causes. I had it. People having psychosis usually experience delusions and/or hallucinations.

How are you feeling generally?

It has never been fully psychotic. It just sort of nags me, that I am suffering for a reason.

I think the idea that suffering is for a reason must be important to me.

Like, for example, I don't see myself staying this way indefinitely - if I could just understand why people don't get their own ideas? Or maybe God's?

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has never been fully psychotic. It just sort of nags me, that I am suffering for a reason.

I think the idea that suffering is for a reason must be important to me.

Like, for example, I don't see myself staying this way indefinitely - if I could just understand why people don't get their own ideas? Or maybe God's?
Sorry I forgot to reply. I'm not saying it 100% is but most times when someone has psychosis they don't think they have psychosis.

You say you are suffering? Are you sleeping well? Do you feel ok generally?

Upvote 0