Has anyone ever been saved, by listening to Christian music?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

Just wanted to present a show of faith, for people who have been saved, by Christian music. I was challenged spiritually, by worldly music and have slowly recovered. I was just wondering if maybe the opposite had happened, if Christian music had the power to save...

Anyway, I imagine "salvation" is the goal, even if it is not consciously carried out in the music that we hear.

Certainly Skillet faced persecution when they were told "stop making music about Jesus, and you will be popular".

God bless.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there,

Just wanted to present a show of faith, for people who have been saved, by Christian music. I was challenged spiritually, by worldly music and have slowly recovered. I was just wondering if maybe the opposite had happened, if Christian music had the power to save...

Anyway, I imagine "salvation" is the goal, even if it is not consciously carried out in the music that we hear.

Certainly Skillet faced persecution when they were told "stop making music about Jesus, and you will be popular".

God bless.
Music has power to stir emotion, but it is the word of God, the gospel, that is the power to save. Too many "conversions" are actually based on emotion, not on truth. Emotion fades away and so does the "faith" of the person supposedly saved. The parable of the sower describes this kind of person, where the heart is not ready to receive the word. Some start out OK, but they are shallow and do not last.

In an interview, Billy Graham said that he would be delighted if 4% of the people who made decisions were for real (my paraphrase). I know what he meant. I went to one of his meetings when I was 16. I went out the front, went through the procedure and filled in the card. I had a counselor appointed for follow up. I was not born again and I lapsed almost immediately. About 4 years later I had a real encounter with God. No music. No choir singing "Just as I am" Just me and my boss, somewhere off the coast of Australia.

Something else, it is much easier to remember words when they are set to music. I still listen to 1970's songs by Dale Garrett, who set bible verses to music. They are a blessing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BibleBeliever1611

May 3, 2020
Vantaa
✟80,648.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Too many "conversions" are actually based on emotion, not on truth. Emotion fades away and so does the "faith" of the person supposedly saved.

Yeah exactly. God said you had to trust in Jesus, so why would you trust your emotions. But a true conversion can be emotional. It doesn't really matter. What matters is believing in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah exactly. God said you had to trust in Jesus, so why would you trust your emotions. But a true conversion can be emotional. It doesn't really matter. What matters is believing in Jesus.
True conversion often results in good emotions. I was over the moon for 3 months. But I was was born again, then the emotions came.

Upvote 0

mikep78

Owner/Founder- Worship Tracks Live
Jan 4, 2010
Bluefield WV, USA
Visit site
✟8,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Music has power to stir emotion, but it is the word of God, the gospel, that is the power to save. Too many "conversions" are actually based on emotion, not on truth. Emotion fades away and so does the "faith" of the person supposedly saved. The parable of the sower describes this kind of person, where the heart is not ready to receive the word. Some start out OK, but they are shallow and do not last.

In an interview, Billy Graham said that he would be delighted if 4% of the people who made decisions were for real (my paraphrase). I know what he meant. I went to one of his meetings when I was 16. I went out the front, went through the procedure and filled in the card. I had a counselor appointed for follow up. I was not born again and I lapsed almost immediately. About 4 years later I had a real encounter with God. No music. No choir singing "Just as I am" Just me and my boss, somewhere off the coast of Australia.

Something else, it is much easier to remember words when they are set to music. I still listen to 1970's songs by Dale Garrett, who set bible verses to music. They are a blessing.
YES!!! I have seen it with my own eyes! I agree, music is very powerful.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,443.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there,

God bless.

I believe God can use whatever means He wants. If the message in the songs are biblical there is a good reason to believe that it might save someone. I have never believed God only speaks through the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟116,677.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, worship music is a powerful weapon, there have been numerous times when I sensed am evil presence and it left when I played worship music. When I first moved into my current apartment it was infested with evil spirits, but I played worship music (Jesus Culture) and now it is gone!

• Friendly
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0