• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Has anyone been to walmart/target?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Littlek, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know where to post this...but i was wondering if anyone has been to any big box stores? I really need to go to walmart...for some things I can't get at the grocery store. Would you risk it? I did go to Sam's last week...but Walmart is usually more busy.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. athenken

athenken Barbary pirates? Or are they?

+202
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Others
    We go multiple times a week. Have to with a big family.

The Walmarts nearby making you wait in a line outside and only let a certain number of people into the store at a time. If you are concerned about exposure you can always wear a mask, but don't bother wearing gloves. Total waste of time and money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,407
    Christian
    Married
    I agree that it's manageable ...

4. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    Thanks...I will definitely wear a mask.

5. crossnote

crossnote Berean Supporter

+1,566
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Different States have different regulations.
    Ca. Is pretty tight.

6. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    I'm in Southern Virgina...not too bad where I am. They say "38" in the city where I live...but I'm sure that's not accurate lol.

7. *LILAC

*LILAC Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,371
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    So long as you keep your distance and follow the arrows, it should be fine. In the walmart I go to, only a few workers are bothering with masks and gloves. There's also a count of how many people are in the store, so you may have to wait in a line outside to get in. It really doesn't take that long.

Now, Costco... forget that! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. martin-luther2

martin-luther2 Active Member Supporter

+262
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    In our local Walmart all of the employees wear masks. In the front of the store there is a Security Guard counting the number of people coming and going. The cashier-checkers clean the area after each customer. Customers are respecting the 6 foot social distancing. I feel no threat. No mask. I do go 9 or 10AM though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+2,560
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Mask + bring some disinfectant to use on hands if you have to deal with someone at counter, open a door, come into something that multiple people have been in contact with. Use it before you get back into your car. I don't bring keys, cell phone, wallet into store with me - just a credit card, mask, bottle of sanitizer. And my own pen to use if someone needs me to sign for something.

10. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,481
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    If it is not perishable food like meat or fresh vegetables , I order it online and have it delivered. If you can't do that, and you must have something then take all precautions you can. If you are in the high risk category, perhaps you could ask someone who is not to get it for you and leave it outside your door notifying you that they are doing so. If you are not at highs risk, avoid close contact with other shoppers, wear a mask or scarf and wash hands thoroughly when you get home. The risk of a bad outcome for most people is said to be fairly small. The risk of getting infected is still somewhat unknown.

11. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,433
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I go to Walmart and in my town it was very low traffic as of late, and pretty much everything in stock, although they are still lower than usual on toilet paper and paper towels ..

Of course it always depends on your area, but our walmart serves several nearby towns and we arent running into issues.

12. ZNP

ZNP Well-Known Member

+1,376
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I went to Costco, very long line.

13. crossnote

crossnote Berean Supporter

+1,566
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Here in CA, I think we have been restricted to pea shooters.

14. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    I went, it wasn't to bad...they were counting people as they go in. Hopefully my hubby and I will be okay, I'm not planning making this a habit right now lol. I was hoping to stock up on some liquid pool chlorine, but no...not even 1 bottle.

15. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,812
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Almost all business' that are open have put things in place to help people (remind them) about "social distancing", sanitization etc. and other things. Likely if you go very early in the morning (when they first open up) it will be less busy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. 1watchman

1watchman Overseer Supporter

+1,028
    Christian
    Married
    Here in Washington State we can call Walmart and order all our groceries and go to a pick-up lot there when it is ready. If they keep this going we will probably continue doing it all hereafter. They provide a detailed listing of products on-line to see exactly what we choose ---nice!

17. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,099
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Just curious - why would you need to go multiple times a week? Can’t you get everything you need for a week in one trip?

18. athenken

athenken Barbary pirates? Or are they?

+202
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Others
    Not when they restrict what you are able to get when you are in there. Normally we shop about twice a week (family of 9 here), now we are forced to go at least three, if not more, times a week.

A lot of stores are limiting things like bread, toilet paper (which is understandable), and some other produce items, especially if you are using their curbside pickup.

19. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,099
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ah, well with a family of 9 and the limits that makes sense!

20. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,433
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Try Lowe's website... if your local store has it in stock you can buy online and then pick up free, or you can pay for it to be mailed to you..