• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

has anyone been to Celebrate Recovery?

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am the spouse of a guy who smokes and drinks too much I am thinking of going to a CR session for support. Anyone been to a meeting?

I've been to a couple. Depending on the level of drinking, there is also Al-Anon for partners of alcoholics which could be good for you. I'm not sure CR is so much for support as it is for self recovery, but you'd probably be welcome there and could enjoy and find value in it's program. It's kind of '12 Step Lite' from my perspective as an AA member with a specifically Christian / biblical take on 12 Step Recovery

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I've been to a couple. Depending on the level of drinking, there is also Al-Anon for partners of alcoholics which could be good for you. I'm not sure CR is so much for support as it is for self recovery, but you'd probably be welcome there and could enjoy and find value in it's program. It's kind of '12 Step Lite' from my perspective as an AA member with a specifically Christian / biblical take on 12 Step Recovery
it is for spousal support for his drinking and cigarette

Upvote 0

Long Beard

Judeo-Christian
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2018
Middle Tennessee
✟44,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
I am the spouse of a guy who smokes and drinks too much I am thinking of going to a CR session for support. Anyone been to a meeting?

I attend Celebrate Recovery every week. I have found it to be a wonderful place for a Christian to recover from their hurts, habits, and hangups.

It would be great if you could go together. Give it a try.

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I attend Celebrate Recovery every week. I have found it to be a wonderful place for a Christian to recover from their hurts, habits, and hangups.

It would be great if you could go together. Give it a try.
it's more difficult when someone doesn't think there is a problem.

• Prayers
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0