AlexBP

Apr 20, 2010
Virginia
✟10,340.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'll second (or rather more like seventh) the recommendation that you read anything by C. S. Lewis that you can get your hands on. My personal favorite is The Abolition of Man, a book of three short essays analyzing the likely endpoint of the fascist philosophy that was sweeping Europe at that time. Of course we know that fascism was defeated in Europe, but it's illuminating to read about it from the perspective of an intelligent man who understood the dangers but hadn't yet seen the endgame.

In addition, anybody who enjoys C. S. Lewis should also try G. K. Chesterton, another English Christian author from a generation earlier than Lewis. His best books, in my opinion, are Orthodoxy, Saint Thomas Aquinas, The Man Who Was Thursday, and The Flying Inn.

Upvote 0

kittycat7

Apr 7, 2010
✟15,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In addition, anybody who enjoys C. S. Lewis should also try G. K. Chesterton, another English Christian author from a generation earlier than Lewis. His best books, in my opinion, are Orthodoxy, Saint Thomas Aquinas, The Man Who Was Thursday, and The Flying Inn.

I've read all his Father Brown stories. There were great. I have yet to read other stuff by Chesterton.

Upvote 0

Athanasius7

Manalive
Mar 1, 2004
Hazard, Kentucky
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I also would recommend anything by Chesterton (He's my favorite author of all time).

In addition to the books mentioned above, I would suggest Tremendous Trifles, Manalive, The Everlasting Man, Heretics, Charles Dickens, The Napoleon of Notting Hill, The Man Who Knew Too Much, among many others. :)

Upvote 0