✟71,876.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,
I know these films (and books) have been out for a long time but whilst looking through some books on Amazon I was intrigued to come across a book that has some art from the middle ages.
One such picture attached portrays a young sorcerer receiving the mark of Satan on his forehead.
I would love to ask J. K. Rowling where she got her idea from. Whether she knew of this drawing or whether she was 'inspired'.
potter.PNG

SilverBlade

May 12, 2013
✟16,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
She prolly had a familiar spirit that she was communing with to get those ideas. I don't know. Just seems suspicious to me - scar on forehead, mark of the beast. Sound familiar?

Not really, no..

Harry got the scar on his head from a failed murder attempt by Voldemort, which was interrupted by Harry's mother.

The mark of the beast in Revelations has to do with financial services or worship.

Two completely and entirely different reasons.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im just saying paralells not exact plot points. I mean with the forehead bit, it was like harry was sealed or marked for destruction.

But doesnt matter, I dont care for Harry potter anymore. Which is relief because the craze for it was getting out of hand at the library where I worked.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the lightning bolt is about Zeus. In the myth, Chronus keeps eating children. Rhea disguises a rock in baby's clothes that Chronus thinks is Zeus. He eats the rock and it hurts him. Voldemort trying to kill Harry hurts him as well.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't really support much of JK Rowling's beliefs but the books are just silly fun. As some have said, how is the magic in it any different from the magic Gandalf uses in LOTR?
The picture is interesting. I wish she'd reveal more behind-the-scenes stuff in regards to the writing of the books, but there really isn't that much.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟580,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't really support much of JK Rowling's beliefs but the books are just silly fun. As some have said, how is the magic in it any different from the magic Gandalf uses in LOTR?
The picture is interesting. I wish she'd reveal more behind-the-scenes stuff in regards to the writing of the books, but there really isn't that much.

Exactly. I read the first Harry Potter book out of curiosity because of all the hubbub. It reminded me of Tolkien, Lewis, Baum, L'Engle (A Wrinkle In Time), Le Guin (A Wizard of Earthsea), Norton (Bedknobs and Broomsticks) etc. I didn't find anything any more sinister about it than those other works.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums