Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,252.00
Faith
Christian
Awww - the OP article misses the best bit

"Defence lawyer Peter Clarke said Miss Azad's family were "extremely proud" of her film career and blamed the attack on the defendant's drinking."

Alcohol Fail.

Maybe the hypocritical coward of a brother needs an honour beating himself.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Awww - the OP article misses the best bit

"Defence lawyer Peter Clarke said Miss Azad's family were "extremely proud" of her film career and blamed the attack on the defendant's drinking."

Alcohol Fail.

Maybe the hypocritical coward of a brother needs an honour beating himself.

And Islam fail!

Also, seriously jsn? The UK isn't going to be taken over by Sharia any more than America is going to be taken over by the Jews. Both groups have similar proportions of the populations of their respective countries, around 3%

Upvote 0
N

Nathan45

The UK isn't going to be taken over by Sharia any more than America is going to be taken over by the Jews.

I wouldn't mention this if i were you, there's certain types of nutjobs here in the U.S. who believe that's actually the case.

I'll point out that that is a quote from the Defense Attorney. A good defense attorney is obviously going to say that whether it's true or not and instead of quoting the defense attorney they could have quoted anyone in the family if they had said something similar.

Upvote 0
N

Nathan45

Six months in prison,doesn't seem long enough to me.

I agree.

From the fox article:
"I'm going to kill you. I'm actually going to kill you," the brother said, according to court testimony. He was then heard shouting "Where are the knives?"

If he really did say this it should have been attempted murder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Given that drinking alchohol is an absolute anathema to the Muslim communities in the UK her brother has scored the biggest home goal of all time.

He will have a miserable time in jail as all the muslims in there will know he drank, the other communities will know he beat up a small female.

No father will want his daughter married to a drunk so his wife could divorce him in the eyes of the Islamic community and be seen to be above reproach.

No community will accept a drunk.

That really was not a defence if you have any idea of how the UK Islamic communities view drink.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
No community will accept a drunk.

Um. I'm not really sure we've established that he's "a drunk". Being drunk once hardly means he's an alcoholic. Heck, I've been drunk, and more then once. Doesn't mean I do it habitually, as an alcoholic would. Neither do we have proof that this man does that.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And Islam fail!

Also, seriously jsn? The UK isn't going to be taken over by Sharia any more than America is going to be taken over by the Jews. Both groups have similar proportions of the populations of their respective countries, around 3%
It has nothing to do with Muslim population size today. Did you know that the Muslim population multiplied 10 times faster than the rest of society? Let me repeat that again: 10 times faster! And the Muslim hostile rhetorics are getting louder and louder. Good luck ignoring it. And you're comparing Muslim to the Jews?! Are you even serious for suggesting that?! Shesssh...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wouldn't mention this if i were you, there's certain types of nutjobs here in the U.S. who believe that's actually the case.
You know...it's usually the liberal nutjobs that pulls the trigger, you do know that right? Like the shooting in AZ. (Suddenly I hear crickets chirping from the liberal media. Hmmm.)

Upvote 0