Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I posted a variety of sources, but there appears to be consensus that the rioters were armed with deadly weapons.
I don't know what I'm supposed to get from the use of the word "consensus." It probably means somebody made the claim but that's all.

In that long Reuters article, in which many people were named or identified, only TWO weapons were said to have been taken by anyone into the Capitol.

One was a stick (that's really good preparation if you're planning on being part of the most threatening "insurrection'' in our nation's history, can't we all agree? LOL) and the other was a pistol that was holstered.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
which raises the question...what are we supposed to call the people who worship Joe Biden?
Who might that be?

Authoritarian-followers tend to assume that “the other side” is a mirror unto themselves but are just rooting for the “other team”.
They therefore assume that Biden voters worship the (current) President because, of course, the former President was such a mench and totally adored by said authoritarian-followers.
But this ain’t the case.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Authoritarian-followers tend to assume that “the other side” is a mirror unto themselves but are just rooting for the “other team”.
They therefore assume that Biden voters worship the (current) President because, of course, the former President was such a mench and totally adored by said authoritarian-followers.
But this ain’t the case.
Interesting theorizing.

Totally incorrect, but it might be true of someone else in a different time and place.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting theorizing.

Totally incorrect, but it might be true of someone else in a different time and place.
Ask a typical Biden voter why they voted for Biden and the answer usually won’t be “because he’s the epitome of everything that I hold dear”, (more than likely it’ll be some variation of Biden not being Trump).

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ask a typical Biden voter why they voted for Biden and the answer usually won’t be “because he’s the epitome of everything that I hold dear”, (more than likely it’ll be some variation of Biden not being Trump).
I agree. But we'd expect any Biden voter, if asked about it, to try to put a good face on their decision to support him. That's a "given."

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree. But we'd expect any Biden voter, if asked about it, to try to put a good face on their decision to support him. That's a "given."
You may be disappointed expecting such.
I’m just happy that Trump is in Mar-A-Lago for the time being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what I'm supposed to get from the use of the word "consensus." It probably means somebody made the claim but that's all.

In that long Reuters article, in which many people were named or identified, only TWO weapons were said to have been taken by anyone into the Capitol.

One was a stick (that's really good preparation if you're planning on being part of the most threatening "insurrection'' in our nation's history, can't we all agree? LOL) and the other was a pistol that was holstered.

I can only imagine how you read the gospels. ...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Michael Collum said:
I posted a variety of sources, but there appears to be consensus that the rioters were armed with deadly weapons.

I can only imagine how you read the gospels. ...
I can tell you this much about it. I never decide whether God's word is true or not on the basis of some "consensus" among the readers.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I can tell you this much about it. I never decide whether God's word is true or not on the basis of some "consensus" among the readers.
But you're part of a particular tradition, right?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If 1/6 was just an aberrant spasm, then I'd agree.

But I think it was really an expression of deeper resentments, and the impulse will return over and over again. Crucially, it was a signal that many people are ready to move on from rule of law means of selecting government in favor of force if sufficiently disappointed.

Not to mention a sitting US president gleefully watching as it unfolds. And a truly vast number of Americans who live in some alternate reality where Trump should be the rightful president.

Of course Jan 6 (the day democracy almost died) was an aberrant spasm. Nothing has happened since. No one else has attacked the capital or rioted in the streets. This thing is over no matter what others might think. There were plenty of people who thought Bush was an illegitimate president his entire presidency.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,135.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes what do her actual words matter to Trumpers. Twist them to the point where the claim becomes a blatant lie. It makes no difference, she said something bad about The Leader.

Yes and said Jan 6 (the day that democracy almost died) should be on out calendar like Pearl Harbor and 911 as a day to remember. The comparison is clear.

Upvote 0