Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ha! We are the bigots, huh? If someone on the conservative side had that in their past, the Left would jump on it quicker then you can say "kamala harris".

Do you understand the distinction between being an heir of a slave owner (i.e. an inheritor of the wealth that slavery generated) and being the product of a rape conducted by that slave owner?

If somebody on the left tried to make the same disgusting conflation that you guys are, I would hope that other people would call them out on it.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kamala Harris's Ancestors Also Owned Slaves

Quote from link:
Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) is the descendant of an Irishman who owned a slave plantation in Jamaica, according to her father's lengthy ancestral summary of his side of the family.​

Wonder how they will dance around that issue?

Rape of slaves appears to have been pretty common, by many accounts, so a fair number of African Americans have some white slave owner somewhere in their ancestry.

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And by the way, besides the polls and what most of the media says, what makes you think Trump was losing to that guy?
Trump has said as much, himself ...

"When Biden is your president ... "
"I guess people don't like me ... "
"I don't understand why I don't poll as well as Fauci ... "

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you understand the distinction between being an heir of a slave owner (i.e. an inheritor of the wealth that slavery generated) and being the product of a rape conducted by that slave owner?

If somebody on the left tried to make the same disgusting conflation that you guys are, I would hope that other people would call them out on it.
And we do, all the time, because the left is always making disgusting conflations.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trying to get Trump elected by discrediting his opponents, only proves that there is no good reason to vote for him on his merit alone...
You guys are ridiculous. As if you don't try to discredit Trump at any given opportunity.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Trying to get Trump elected by discrediting his opponents, only proves that there is no good reason to vote for him on his merit alone...

So what? Many people don't vote for one because they're crazy about them but rather they're more afraid of they'd get in their place. And actually it could be said this election doesn't even have to be about Trump but about the craziness of the left promoting lawlessness. If you want that vote Dem....if you want law and order and stability vote for Trump. Even Police Unions are voting for Trump.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great, so don't defend this one.
All I was really trying to do was point out the hypocrisy of the Left. I don't know enough about Kamala's family tree to make an argument one way or the other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
All I was really trying to do was point out the hypocrisy of the Left. I don't know enough about Kamala's family tree to make an argument one way or the other.

It's not hypocrisy if nobody on the left would go after someone for being a rape victim.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've already heard from one black American voter who is unhappy at the choice, saying that Harris isn't black.

I believe his point was not so much about her mixed ancestry as about those relatives of Sen. Harris not having had any part at all in the experience of blacks in the United States.
I wonder how slavery in Jamaica was different than slavery in the US?

I wonder if the one black American voter felt the same way about Obama?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This thread concept is gross and weird:

That someone's character can be discredited based on ancestors behavior 200 years ago.
Ya but sadly not surprising. Normally you’d hear an incumbent wish his opponent best of luck or something when the final ticket is announced but no, we can’t be normal anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And by the way, besides the polls and what most of the media says, what makes you think Trump was losing to that guy?
Trump’s own behavior is either of a man who can’t get a clue or is deliberately trying to lose. His ravenous base is the only thing keeping him and his campaign alive. He personally checked out a long time ago.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not hypocrisy if nobody on the left would go after someone for being a rape victim.
For starters, no one here is going after her because she was the victim of rape. They were saying her ancestors were slave owners which may or may not be true. It may or may not be true that she was a victim of rape. But I guarantee the Left would twist something like this and turn it into what it is not. They do it all the time.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Kamala Harris's Ancestors Also Owned Slaves

Quote from link:
Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.) is the descendant of an Irishman who owned a slave plantation in Jamaica, according to her father's lengthy ancestral summary of his side of the family.​

Wonder how they will dance around that issue?
It sounds like her grandmother or great grandmother was raped by the plantation owner. How tragic.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump’s own behavior is either of a man who can’t get a clue or is deliberately trying to lose. His ravenous base is the only thing keeping him and his campaign alive. He personally checked out a long time ago.
Depends on your viewpoint. His base won him the election last time, and it is bigger than before this time, so he shouldn't have a problem.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.