✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Harris: 'I believe' Biden accusers

"I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it," Harris said at a presidential campaign event in Nevada.

The walking back begins in 3...2...1

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom

"I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it," Harris said at a presidential campaign event in Nevada.

That's quite the political ammo for Trump's team to use against their ticket.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Walking backwards is par for politics when opponents meet again as allies. Its goofy to watch. Then we move on.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

It’s not been even one day and the attacks have already begun.

I guess she was the right pick after all.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Post in those threads, then. I just posted an article about what she said about Biden.
What a funny coincidence you decided to share this just today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if KDH feels honored or creeped out about being picked...?
full

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It’s not been even one day and the attacks have already begun.

I guess she was the right pick after all.
What do you mean? It only a little over 80 days until the election. Just heard Donna Brazile say on "The Five" for the Dems they don't have time to party or celebrate and that they've got to get to work right away. So why shouldn't those who oppose them???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Ouch I bet that opinion has been revised, in light of new evidence. aka, that Biden is willing to have her be VP.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Therein lies the problem with "cancel culture", "wokeness", etc... whatever you want to call it.

It becomes very easy to paint yourself into a corner with no escape plan.

If a candidate says "believe all women", and then a woman accuses them or someone they're closely affiliated with, there's no way to walk that back without looking like a hypocrite.

When a portion of a party takes a position that "the entire system needs to be torn down, the entire criminal justice system is racist", you immediately cut off anyone that's worked within that system from perceived credibility regardless of their track record.

Taking this position that everyone's past actions have to be judged by 2020 far-left standards is a recipe for never being able to appease your own party.

It's what I've started referring to as the "Man Show Dynamic"... Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Corolla. Both were on the same show, both engaged in the same type of humor and perceived misogyny and edgy humor (a lot of which could be perceived as sexist or of a racial tone). Jimmy tried his best to stay woke and constantly seek re-affirmation from the left, Adam took the "fine, bash me...I'm not apologizing for something I did in the past" approach. Fast forward a few years, it was Jimmy that was getting attacked by the left, as where they pretty much leave Adam alone. Once they saw they weren't going to get the graveling "bend a knee" reaction from him, it wasn't as satisfying to bash him so they moved on.

It seems like the "cancel culture crew" are almost like trolls, if you don't feed them or try to "get on their good side", they leave you alone and go away. However, if they can make a celebrity give a graveling apology, that's like a feather in their "social media cap" and they keep it up.

Sort of like an older sibling and messing with a younger sibling...if they don't get a reaction, it's not fun, and they move on. However, if the younger sibling reacts, they keep doing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Therein lies the problem with "cancel culture", "wokeness", etc... whatever you want to call it.

It becomes very easy to paint yourself into a corner with no escape plan.

If a candidate says "believe all women", and then a woman accuses them or someone they're closely affiliated with, there's no way to walk that back without looking like a hypocrite.

When a portion of a party takes a position that "the entire system needs to be torn down, the entire criminal justice system is racist", you immediately cut off anyone that's worked within that system from perceived credibility regardless of their track record.

Taking this position that everyone's past actions have to be judged by 2020 far-left standards is a recipe for never being able to appease your own party.

It's what I've started referring to as the "Man Show Dynamic"... Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Corolla. Both were on the same show, both engaged in the same type of humor and perceived misogyny and edgy humor (a lot of which could be perceived as sexist or of a racial tone). Jimmy tried his best to stay woke and constantly seek re-affirmation from the left, Adam took the "fine, bash me...I'm not apologizing for something I did in the past" approach. Fast forward a few years, it was Jimmy that was getting attacked by the left, as where they pretty much leave Adam alone. Once they saw they weren't going to get the graveling "bend a knee" reaction from him, it wasn't as satisfying to bash him so they moved on.

It seems like the "cancel culture crew" are almost like trolls, if you don't feed them or try to "get on their good side", they leave you alone and go away. However, if they can make a celebrity give a graveling apology, that's like a feather in their "social media cap" and they keep it up.

Sort of like an older sibling and messing with a younger sibling...if they don't get a reaction, it's not fun, and they move on. However, if the younger sibling reacts, they keep doing it.

Doesn't Kimmel have a late night show on a major network? And when was the last time Adam Corolla was relevant in any context?

What strikes me as odd is that you're criticizing the left for their hypocrisy, when the "party of family values" is standing steadfast behind a twice divorced, thrice adultered (3 wives, more actual indiscretions than 3), sexual assault bragging con man. Hypocrisy is abundant in politics, but the hypocrisy highlighted in this thread is peanuts compared to what the GOP has turned into.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It's really hard to take any of the criticism supporters of Donald "Grab them by the *****" Trump put forth seriously, especially in the context of accusations of sexual harassment and assault.
This isn’t about Trump. Don’t derail.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.