• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Hardest instrument to learn?

Discussion in 'Music' started by George95, May 1, 2020.

1. George95

George95 CF Tech Master Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+1,342
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    What would you say is the hardest instrument to learn and why?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+2,234
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    The hardest instrument by far is, the very instrument you are attempting to learn, mainly because you do not know the language of music, (Notes) and then comes the physical playing of said instrument, placing your fingers, tongue, lips in the correct position which are not positions you have ever done before on your own, then coordination of fingers, hand, bow if needed.

Might as well give up it's to difficult.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. George95

George95 CF Tech Master Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+1,342
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Good response. But why give up? Then you’ll look back and wish you didn’t give up. ;)

4. Llleopard

Llleopard Active Member

+247
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I think it depends on how you are naturally gifted, what you desperately want to excel at, and how much you are willing to practice. I play piano and variants like accordion, harpsichord, pipe organ. I play recorder and clarinet to university level, and pretty well on other woodwind including bagpipes, saxophone etc.. But give me a stringed instrument and your ears will suffer. Although I started violin and recorder at about the same age, one is much harder for me than the other. To me anything not keys or woodwind seems like the hardest. Brass, percussion.... not happening. So I think that is an answer that varies for each person.

5. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+2,234
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    I know what you mean, I do regret it all the time.

I forgot to mention the calluses you will have to not only develop, but maintain otherwise you will have to go through the process of building them all over again.

6. George95

+1,342
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Which instruments did you play, or rather attempted to learn?

7. Radagast

Radagast comes and goes Supporter

+9,580
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    It depends on exactly what you mean. With instruments that are in some senses easier, like the piano, musicians are expected to do much more (in terms of playing multiple notes at the same time).

There are multiple, quite different, milestones, like (1) how long does it take before you can play "Mary had a Little Lamb"? and (2) how long does it take before you can play like a professional?

8. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+2,234
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Guitar, Trumpet, Harmonica, Irish Whistle, Violin.

The only thing that I can play is my Radio, but I sing like an Angel.

9. Radagast

Radagast comes and goes Supporter

+9,580
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    I sing like an angel too. In my case, like a fallen angel, unfortunately.

10. George95

+1,342
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Good points.

Always wanted to learn guitar, trumpet, and violin.

:p

11. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+2,234
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    I forgot I can play the Triangle, Cymbals, and Tambourine.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  12. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+4,665
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Wow... how do you get them apart? :)

13. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+2,234
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    That is why they are so hard to play.

14. Carl Emerson

+4,665
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    My uncle used to play the saw !!

That is difficult with being able to bow and maintain the right tension...

My father built the first electrified autoharp we know of and played it on the radio in 1944.
    It had 96 cords.

He also built an upright harp and played it...

15. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+2,234
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Must be a hit in Heaven, but would have to have a long extension cord.

16. Carl Emerson

+4,665
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    You cant play cords on a saw silly...

Seriously though I think it would be among the hardest to play...

17. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+2,234
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    You finish playing and you can cut more than 96 cords with your instrument.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  18. lightninboy

lightninboy Regular Member

+5
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I think the accordion is the hardest instrument to learn, but then the guitar can be harder to learn than you'd think it would be, what with the hard chords and sore fingers.

19. Tiburon

Tiburon New Member

+27
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    I think a diamond piano would be the hardest.
    Why would that be the hardest?
    Because it's made out of diamond.

20. axelthefox

axelthefox New Member

+27
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Guitar i think.

I wonder if the bass guitar is easier, since a bass has only 4 strings.