4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Job 1:4-7 .. I think this shows sons of God were Jobs sons and the devil went in to do his job . I think the nephillim were men of God corrupted by daughters of men whose offspring are the reason you don't mix Jesus with false gods, giants maybe of stature but definitely giants in that they didn't fear god and had moral free reign or maybe possessed and moral-less is the better word ..

Hi , Andy, Here's one . Who was wrong Peter or Paul ? Paul rebuked Peter in front of a crowd for eating only with the Jews . Should Paul have confronted him privately first ? Was Peter's ministry mainly to Jews and hadn't brought them to a certain point to handle the meat of the Word yet ?

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you looking for answers for yourself, answers as tools for ministry, or are you offering to answer them yourself. I can help with 2 of the 3 options.

Hi brother thank you, I am looking mostly for myself

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Job 1:4-7 .. I think this shows sons of God were Jobs sons and the devil went in to do his job . I think the nephillim were men of God corrupted by daughters of men whose offspring are the reason you don't mix Jesus with false gods, giants maybe of stature but definitely giants in that they didn't fear god and had moral free reign or maybe possessed and moral-less is the better word ..

Hi , Andy, Here's one . Who was wrong Peter or Paul ? Paul rebuked Peter in front of a crowd for eating only with the Jews . Should Paul have confronted him privately first ? Was Peter's ministry mainly to Jews and hadn't brought them to a certain point to handle the meat of the Word yet ?

Thats a great point didn't think of that

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What would the answer to that be?

I was expecting to hear an answer from you... my answer is not very popular, as it involves fallen angels tinkering with the human genome. You sure you want to hear it?

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was expecting to hear an answer from you... my answer is not very popular, as it involves fallen angels tinkering with the human genome. You sure you want to hear it?

Actually your view is the most popular imo .. I just can't see the devil with access in heaven, he was cast out and down to Earth ..

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The hardest one for me is what is the reason for the variance between the Genealogy of Christ found in Matthew 1 vs. the one in Luke. I am not sure the reason for their difference; is one an error? Attempts at reconciling them seem less than convincing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The hardest one for me is what is the reason for the variance between the Genealogy of Christ found in Matthew 1 vs. the one in Luke. I am not sure the reason for their difference; is one an error? Attempts at reconciling them seem less than convincing.

One through Mary and the other through Joseph the legal but not biological father of Jesus back to King David ? Just going on memory here but one flesh line the Kingship and the other the Priestly line combined ..

Reactions: Achilles6129
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is the water in 1 John 5:6, 8? It reads very much like it is the Spirit, except that it is in a list that already has Spirit in it. A clear statement of what the blood refers to probably goes along with any answer to what the water is.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The always popular (amongst atheists) "Why did God order the killing of the women and children of certain tribes in Canaan?"

First time going through the Bible I remember thinking "that's not right . Now I see God don't play, he's been as hard on his own people Israel as any other people .. IMO when God says jump. you start jumping, you can ask if your jumping high enough later .. Almost no one questions how God dealt with Egypt . But when the Amalekites attacked Israel in the desert while they still had the slave mentality God protected them until they become a fighting force then God said "now go get'm", slay everything with breath in the Amalekite camp then some want to judge and accuse God ..

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Here are some good ones, though I don't know if they're really the sorts of "Bible questions" that you had in mind:

1) Why did God preserve the New Testament through the Byzantine texts (less reliable than the Alexandrian or Western) for over 1,000 years?

2) Why does the New Testament quote from the Septuagint quite often rather than the Masoretic Text?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually your view is the most popular imo .. I just can't see the devil with access in heaven, he was cast out and down to Earth ..

Who knows what angels are actually capable of... God allowed possession, so imagine what the changes in the genome might be if a person were possessed from conception...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Who knows what angels are actually capable of... God allowed possession, so imagine what the changes in the genome might be if a person were possessed from conception...

How about God simply defines death differently than natural human beings do?:

"17 but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not [n]eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”" Gen. 2:17 (NASB)

"51 Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”" Jn. 8:51 (NASB)

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The way I read it in Matthew, there are things angels are not capable of and one is ability to marry or given in marriage or produce offspring . The book of Enoch was rejected and is where the idea comes from I think . I have never been interested about anything about that book though many are .I'm not smart enough to factor in things not included in the inspired word of God . You must not mix anything with Gods Word or unwanted things might sneak in with it . We're just exchanging ideas so don't freak out on me :wave:

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about God simply defines death differently than natural human beings do?:

"17 but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not [n]eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”" Gen. 2:17 (NASB)

"51 Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”" Jn. 8:51 (NASB)
I don't follow how this relates to the discussion... are you saying that God had women and children killed because He defines death differently? I don't see how that would answer the question adequately.

Upvote 0