• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hard time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey all.
Today is 10 weeks since we lost our twins. While the pain is getting easier, it still hurts so much. I keep thinking that I would have been 28 weeks today. I know I shouldn't think this. I know that God has a plan in all situations. And I thank God so much for giving me strength through this, but this is still hard to get through. I'm just not having an easy time right now and I just wanted to get this out. My husband isn't home from work yet for me to talk to him. I just really miss our boys. I know they are safe in Heaven and they are better off there than in this world. It's just still hard to get through some days. Mostly, I have great days now, but there is still the occasional bad day, like today, where I feel so empty and long for them to still be with me. I know I will see them again one day, and that alone is what I hold onto. God is so good and I am so thankful he has brought me through this. I just pray that he will ease this pain as time passes. I know I will have children one day and I cannot wait to be a mom, but I am not rushing anything. It will be in God's time, not mine. I know he will bless us with a child, or maybe more. Until that day, though, I will just thank him for the time I had with the twins and the comfort he has given me through this hard time. Thanks so much for listening. God bless you.

Reactions: Meriya

tracyk02

Apr 13, 2006
Sunny AZ
✟15,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Jennie. I am SO sorry for your loss, and the pain that you are in now. I miscarried last week, at 10 1/2 weeks. I didn't know the pain could be so intense. I have a friend who does grief counseling, and she recommended the book 'Grieving the Child I Never Knew', by Kathe Wunnenburg. It really is a very good book. My husband and I are both 37, and was our first child. It brings us comfort to know that our child is being raised in heaven and will never know sorrow, sickness or suffering. However, that does not remove the pain and anger associated with the loss. I know that life is not fair, but it is just so unfair! While we never would have chosen this path, I know that God will use it for good. Thank you for sharing your heart here. I'm saying a prayer for you. :prayer: God bless.

Upvote 0

bornagain-053184

Nevaeh's Mommy
Dec 28, 2004
Halifax
✟8,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
god bless you both. i know you never know how bad the pain is untill you feel it. i know ppl who have lost their child and its like its ok it will be ok.. but when you are in their shoes its like wow this is crazy pain so intense you dont think you can feel anything like till you feel it.. i have grieved loved ones but your own child... nothing compairs to this pain.

Upvote 0

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
bornagain-053184 said:
god bless you both. i know you never know how bad the pain is untill you feel it. i know ppl who have lost their child and its like its ok it will be ok.. but when you are in their shoes its like wow this is crazy pain so intense you dont think you can feel anything like till you feel it.. i have grieved loved ones but your own child... nothing compairs to this pain.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Losing a family member is terrible pain in itself, but when you lose your own child, or children, it's pain you can't really explain. It's hard waking up every day to realize that they are no longer with you. But I know they are in great hands in Heaven and are patiently waiting for the day their dad and I will meet them. I just can't wat for that day!!

Thank you, ladies, so much for your messages. I am truly sorry for your losses, but I can say that I'm sure our babies are playing together, along with all the other babies who have gone on.

Upvote 0

heatherq17

Hello
Nov 13, 2005
✟10,536.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry that you are having a hard time and so sorry for the loss of your babies. I know how you feel. My son Conner was stillborn April 29th 2005. Somedays I dont even feel like getting up facing another day. It has gotten alittle bit easier to cope as time went on. I hope days become easier for you.. Sending you a :hug:

Upvote 0

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you so much, Heather! I really appreciate that. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss as well. I know that they are in good hands though! I'm sure they are playing and laughing at this very moment! I just thank God that they are safe with him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.