United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neighbors attack after seeing church leader visit

HYDERABAD, India (Morning Star News) – A Christian in southern India’s Tamil Nadu state is in hiding after hard-line Hindu neighbors beat him unconscious with iron rods last month, sources said.

Santosh Kumar, 35, left his home on Aug. 1 shortly after a church elder visited him in Kamaraj Nagar, Karur District. A Hindu neighbor who saw the elder visit him intercepted Kumar on the road shortly thereafter.

“He started shouting at me, ‘Are you a Christian? Why are Christians visiting you?’” Kumar told Morning Star News.

Kumar said the neighbor was drunk, and that he asked him, “What is your problem?” before going on his way, but the Hindu stopped him again and began shouting more loudly. Telling Kumar that India was a Hindu country, he asked the Christian why he still lived there, as Kumar asked him to please let him go on his way.

“He threatened that he would murder me if I did not vacate my rented house immediately,” Kumar said.

Soon two other area Hindus arrived on motorcycles and dragged him to bushes far from the road, he said.

Continued below.
Hard-Line Hindus Beat Christian Unconscious in Tamil Nadu, India - Morningstar News

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hindus can actually be insufferable jerks, violent, and cruel. I used to think Hinduism was all about peace, tolerance, spirituality, and loving animals. It’s actually a lot more nuanced than that, and yes, Hindus can and do violently attack non-Hindus for religious reasons.

“Hindustan belongs to Ram Ji, Kali Ma, Durga Ma, and Ganpat Ji! Kill them! Kill anyone who rejects the gods of India!”

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,648,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hindus can actually be insufferable jerks, violent, and cruel. I used to think Hinduism was all about peace, tolerance, spirituality, and loving animals. It’s actually a lot more nuanced than that, and yes, Hindus can and do violently attack non-Hindus for religious reasons.

“Hindustan belongs to Ram Ji, Kali Ma, Durga Ma, and Ganpat Ji! Kill them! Kill anyone who rejects the gods of India!”
I never thought the religion peaceful. The same with Buddhism. The doctrines they follow speaks for that. Cruelty and indifference does not promote peace.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0