Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Been getting constant, annoying phone calls lately (scammers, advertisements, etc.), one number in particular has been a major nuisance.

About an hour ago, a family member picked up their call, in which they said they were from tech. support. They offered to send $200 dollar to gain access to the computer due to an issue. After being called out, they cussed out my family member and hung up, then tried calling again. This number has called countless times in the past. This is not just attempted scamming, but straight up harassment. The problem is that these numbers can't be easily identified, since some legit numbers come up as Out Of Area or Toll Free, as do the fake ones.

Please pray for this person to be exposed and stopped immediately, and for protection for my loved ones. Also, does anyone have any advice on the best way to respond? If they're using a spoofed number, I'm not sure what can be done. Even if the number is blocked, it doesn't stop it completely.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
short of nuking the country the call centre is in, I'd recommend to get an answering machine that lets you turn off the ringer, just let people leave you a message.

If it's a cell phone, not sure what to tell you.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Been getting constant, annoying phone calls lately (scammers, advertisements, etc.), one number in particular has been a major nuisance.

About an hour ago, a family member picked up their call, in which they said they were from tech. support. They offered to send $200 dollar to gain access to the computer due to an issue. After being called out, they cussed out my family member and hung up, then tried calling again. This number has called countless times in the past. This is not just attempted scamming, but straight up harassment. The problem is that these numbers can't be easily identified, since some legit numbers come up as Out Of Area or Toll Free, as do the fake ones.

Please pray for this person to be exposed and stopped immediately, and for protection for my loved ones. Also, does anyone have any advice on the best way to respond? If they're using a spoofed number, I'm not sure what can be done. Even if the number is blocked, it doesn't stop it completely.
There are a few good video clips on Youtube that show what tech support scammers are about. I have had fun viewing the videos showing how computer savvy guys have done things to make these scammers lives a misery, including deleting the scammers computer files, locking them out of their own computers and so on. One kept a scammer on the phone for a whole hour, wasting their time and then told them they were just scammers. Another activated a call flooding program that closed the scammers' call centre down! Go to Youtube and view the videos and have fun!!

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I had a fake phone call from the “DEA” lol. So I called them back and said nothing until they hung up the phone. Then I called them back again and did the same thing. I kept doing that until they actually blocked my number lol. Problem solved.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Also, does anyone have any advice on the best way to respond? If they're using a spoofed number, I'm not sure what can be done. Even if the number is blocked, it doesn't stop it completely.
Sadly, I've had to make a practice of letting any/all incoming phone calls, from phone numbers that I do not recognize, go to voicemail. This has taken care of 95% of the problem because these kind of people and businesses normally don't like leaving messages, and the ones who need to reach me always do (leave me a voicemail, that is).

--David

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I NEVER answer any number that isn't already saved in my phone.

They can leave a voicemail; I might call them if they have a legitimate reason.

Don't like it? Tough - I don't have to answer at all.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, some people just pick up the phone and let their bill keep running while you do something else. This might be harsh but it works sometimes, I know scammers won't like racking up high phone bills. Praying for you

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless Anthony7, and this prayer, let the perdons make these types of call be caught and punished, protect Anthony7, family and others from these calls, and harrassment. Lord please stop these calls and bless Anthony7 and family, in Jesus mighty name, Amen!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,306.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If you are on an iPhone you call block all but those who are not on your Favorites list. You Tube vids can show you how to do that, also how to block 'Unknown" callers. I assume other smart phones have similar protections.

I pray you will find your personal resolution for this problem.

• Friendly
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
short of nuking the country the call centre is in, I'd recommend to get an answering machine that lets you turn off the ringer, just let people leave you a message.

If it's a cell phone, not sure what to tell you.

answering machine is great for filtering out unwanted calls!

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry to hear this is happening to your family, Anthony. It must be very frustrating to deal with.

Lord, I pray for Anthony and his family. Expose this caller and stop their calls, and cover Anthony and his loved ones with Your Divine Protection. I also pray for this caller, that their heart will be changed and they may be drawn to You. Your will be done. Amen.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks everyone. I did find a site that fights back against these numbers. It's pretty awesome how they go about it - they basically turn the tables against these individuals and entire call centers. That guy from yesterday did try calling again today, but it was only once . At least now I know how to address it. I'll also make sure to set up the answering machine again to pick up most of these calls, although they usually end up clogging my voice mails within a few days.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone. I did find a site that fights back against these numbers. It's pretty awesome how they go about it - they basically turn the tables against these individuals and entire call centers. That guy from yesterday did try calling again today, but it was only once . At least now I know how to address it. I'll also make sure to set up the answering machine again to pick up most of these calls, although they usually end up clogging my voice mails within a few days.
Putting the voicemail pick up to the maximum number of rings usually makes the auto diallers drop the call before they can leave a message. If it leaves a message, it's probably out of country.

Upvote 0