Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Happy thanksgiving my friends. Before I forget I wanted to wish all who observe this blessed day a very happy thanksgiving. Much to be thankful for. "Give thanks to the Lord of hosts for Jesus Christ our Lord." If possible, lets take a moment to think about the less fortunate and maybe reach out to them.

Enjoy your turkey (and football. The Detroit Lions should be playing the Bears) folks, and may God bless America:).

Tom, here's wishing you and your family a blessed thanksgiving sir:).

PS: Belated thanksgiving wishes to our Canadian friends too. My apologies, it just occurred to me (sloppy on my part).

Last edited:

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy thanksgiving my friends. Before I forget I wanted to wish all who observe this blessed day a very happy thanksgiving. Much to be thankful for. "Give thanks to the Lord of hosts for Jesus Christ our Lord." If possible, lets take a moment to think about the less fortunate and maybe reach out to them.

Enjoy your turkey (and football. The Detroit Lions should be playing the Bears) folks, and may God bless America:).

Tom, here's wishing you and your family a blessed thanksgiving sir:).

PS: Belated thanksgiving wishes to our Canadian friends too. My apologies, it just occurred to me (sloppy on my part).

Canada:
Canada celebrates thanksgiving in October:

Thanksgiving (French: Action de grâce), or Thanksgiving Day (Jour de l'action de grâce) is an annual Canadian holiday, occurring on the second Monday in October, which celebrates the harvest and other blessings of the past year.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Canada celebrates thanksgiving in October:

Thanksgiving (French: Action de grâce), or Thanksgiving Day (Jour de l'action de grâce) is an annual Canadian holiday, occurring on the second Monday in October, which celebrates the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
Exactly. So, as I mentioned in the post that was a little late and sloppy on my part (this year I believe it was on Oct 14, which means I'm only a month late ..lol) :(.

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. So, as I mentioned in the post that was a little late and sloppy on my part (this year I believe it was on Oct 14, which means I'm only a month late ..lol) :(.

Oh; I thought you meant you hadn't put it in your post yet.:)

Does India have a fall harvest celebration?

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh; I thought you meant you hadn't put it in your post yet.:)

Does India have a fall harvest celebration?
Yes. It's called the "Pongal/Sankranti" festival. Happens in mid-January every year. Here's a wiki link: Makar Sankranti - Wikipedia. It's as colorful (if not more) as Diwali. Peace in Christ:).

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We plan to have a great Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year. I give thanks to God at least daily, but Thanksgiving is a time to get together with the family and all give thanks. Our Thanksgiving will be on a small farm in Southwest Oklahoma. So far, 32 have said they are coming. One of our favorite things to do is go around the room and let each person say what they give thanks for and/or pray.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Upvote 0