Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A roaring fire, a table full of food, lots of music, some hot drink, dancing, with lots of people and lots of dancing, laughing, and joking. Yule tends to be heavily about food.
Yuk!
It's more than 30°C here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
In Australia, some choose to celebrate Midsummer rather than Yule on the December Solstice. I'm not sure what the percentages are one way or another, though. I think I'd choose to do it that way, since the Wheel of the Year was designed to follow the seasons and the plantings and harvests.

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In Australia, some choose to celebrate Midsummer rather than Yule on the December Solstice. I'm not sure what the percentages are one way or another, though. I think I'd choose to do it that way, since the Wheel of the Year was designed to follow the seasons and the plantings and harvests.

Is there still a Solstice here?

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There are two each year. In the Southern Hemisphere, the Summer Solstice is on Dec. 22 this year. It's the day of the year when the Sun is in the sky for the longest time. Longest day/shortest night. On around June 21 or 22 you'll have Winter Solstice. The day of the year with the least hours of sunshine and most hours of dark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.