Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath all!!! Looking forward to a day of relaxation, rest and bible study and church of course!

Amen --

Here is a youtube link to lots of "Sabbath songs" --

Two or three families get together in Australia and have a "Sabbath Singalong" - we have started watching this as a family on Sabbaths.

(There are a lot of large churches there that have services on Sabbath - but this is just a youtube channel to a Friday evening Singalong that one lady got started with her family and friends)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Amen --

Here is a youtube link to lots of "Sabbath songs" --

Two or three families get together in Australia and have a "Sabbath Singalong" - we have started watching this as a family on Sabbaths.

(There are a lot of large churches there that have services on Sabbath - but this is just a youtube channel to a Friday evening Singalong that one lady got started with her family and friends)

I listened to the first song.

Very nice.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks HARK -- glad you liked it :)

If you go to 1:19:00 on this video you will see/hear the song "Sabbath Rest" -- she likes to do this every few weeks in the video and it has become one of my favorites.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I will rest...completely.

I got started, without even realizing it, before the sun even went down. It has been a long week. I just woke up about an hour ago. I'm so thankful for this time.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got started, without even realizing it, before the sun even went down. It has been a long week. I just woke up about an hour ago. I'm so thankful for this time.

Just knowing I'm going to relax for a day is...relaxing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just knowing I'm going to relax for a day is...relaxing.

I fell back asleep shortly after making that last post.

I must have slept for about 12 hours since I got home from work. I really needed this day.

The sun will be coming up soon. I'm going to get in the water with my baby goose, and spend some time bonding with my baby chickens today.

Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I must have slept for about 12 hours since I got home from work. I really needed this day.

The sun will be coming up soon. I'm going to get in the water with my baby goose, and spend some time bonding with my baby chickens today.

Slept for nine hours, feeling great.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Do you live on a farm? I love all kinds of animals so I am really interested in learning about your baby goose and chicks

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you live on a farm? I love all kinds of animals so I am really interested in learning about your baby goose and chicks

I have a small farm.

If you raise a single baby goose with your baby chickens; he will act as part of the flock; and he will protect the chickens from predators. If you get more than one goose; the geese often go their own way, and ignore the chickens.

I have buff Brahmas. They are docile birds, and good layers. They are very pretty; and they are one of the largest breeds, second only to the Jersey Giant, to my knowledge.

th

Here is a white one, the biggest I've seen. He cracks me up:

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have a small farm.

If you raise a single baby goose with your baby chickens; he will act as part of the flock; and he will protect the chickens from predators. If you get more than one goose; the geese often go their own way, and ignore the chickens.

I have buff Brahmas. They are docile birds, and good layers. They are very pretty; and they are one of the largest breeds, second only to the Jersey Giant, to my knowledge.

th

Here is a white one, the biggest I've seen. He cracks me up:

Now I understand why I see geese's in with chickens! I didn’t know that they help w predators.

Birds are incredible. I was just reading a story about a farmer who tied up an eagle so it would hang out with his chickens and the eagle soon started acting like a chicken. I felt bad for the eagle tbh.

That rooster is HUGE! So adorable.

We just bought a house with some land and trying to talk hubby into getting a few small farm animals- goats, chickens. We take care of a lot of stray animals that are now pets (cats and dogs) we do not know how to say no to animals. We work so we can pay for all our animals. :)

Thanks for sharing your farm story. I love that you are bonding with them. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Now I understand why I see geese's in with chickens! I didn’t know that they help w predators.

Birds are incredible. I was just reading a story about a farmer who tied up an eagle so it would hang out with his chickens and the eagle soon started acting like a chicken. I felt bad for the eagle tbh.

That rooster is HUGE! So adorable.

We just bought a house with some land and trying to talk hubby into getting a few small farm animals- goats, chickens. We take care of a lot of stray animals that are now pets (cats and dogs) we do not know how to say no to animals. We work so we can pay for all our animals. :)

Thanks for sharing your farm story. I love that you are bonding with them. :)

Goats are serious trouble. They will climb up on you car and leave hoof dents on it. They will tear the siding off your house.

What's worse is that they are escape artists; and they will do the same to your neighbors' property. They're deadbeats too! They won't pay up for the damage that they cause. You might consider short haired sheep. I have one as a pet named Shua. I called her Shua; because I saved her from being eaten. She follows me around on my property; and she greets me when I come home.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Goats are serious trouble. They will climb up on you car and leave hoof dents on it. They will tear the siding off your house.

What's worse is that they are escape artists; and they will do the same to your neighbors' property. They're deadbeats too! They won't pay up for the damage that they cause. You might consider short haired sheep. I have one as a pet named Shua. I called her Shua; because I saved her from being eaten. She follows me around on my property; and she greets me when I come home.
Good to know. I am glad you saved Shua! Does she hang out with the chickens? I wish no animal had to be slaughtered for food.

I’ll have to wait until hubby is in a real good mood to see if he would allow me some sheep. :)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Good to know. I am glad you saved Shua! Does she hang out with the chickens? I wish no animal had to be slaughtered for food.

I’ll have to wait until hubby is in a real good mood to see if he would allow me some sheep.

She doesn't make a point of hanging out with them; but she grazes with them, on and off. If I'm with the chickens; she's sure to be there. I think she gets jealous. The chickens sometimes fly up and land on my shoulder. Sometimes they try to land on Shua; but she doesn't like it.

Sheep are easy. They need minimum shelter. They should not be in an enclosed shelter; as it can cause respiratory problems. All they need is grass; but they will eat the lower branches off of trees. I give mine sweet feed, as a treat, once a day, at the same time every day. Sheep like to keep a schedule, so I've read. Other than that, I give her water.

Easy as can be.

If I got more of them; I wouldn't have to mow; but during the dry season, I would have to buy hay. I'd rather not incur the expense.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
She doesn't make a point of hanging out with them; but she grazes with them, on and off. If I'm with the chickens; she's sure to be there. I think she gets jealous. The chickens sometimes fly up and land on my shoulder. Sometimes they try to land on Shua; but she doesn't like it.

Sheep are easy. They need minimum shelter. They should not be in an enclosed shelter; as it can cause respiratory problems. All they need is grass; but they will eat the lower branches off of trees. I give mine sweet feed, as a treat, once a day, at the same time every day. Sheep like to keep a schedule, so I've read. Other than that, I give her water.

Easy as can be.

If I got more of them; I wouldn't have to mow; but during the dry season, I would have to buy hay. I'd rather not incur the expense.
Maybe just get one more to give her a friend? I’ll have to look into sheep once we settle in our new home. I wish I could have a zoo, but my hubby would leave me and I would be broke.

Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0