Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happy reformation day! It's a big day for Lutherans, obviously! I have watched that video, it is pretty good, thank you for sharing!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happy Reformation Day and All Saints' Day! :wave:

Here in Finland, we observe All Saints' Day tomorrow, 2 November, and Reformation Sunday on 10 November, which also happens to be the Father's Day.

In the USA we observe Reformation Day the Sunday before the 31st, at least most churches do. I don't think to many churches open for a specific Reformation Day service unless it happens to fall on Sunday.

• Informative
Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the USA we observe Reformation Day the Sunday before the 31st, at least most churches do. I don't think to many churches open for a specific Reformation Day service unless it happens to fall on Sunday.

October 31st marked the 20th anniversary of the Catholic-Lutheran Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification. The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland and the Catholic Church in Finland (together with the Methodists and Anglicans in Finland) did celebrate that, which, I think, 500 years onward, was rather befitting.

Upvote 0