Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happy Reformation Day to all of our Protestant, and particularly Lutheran members! Today is a big day in our faith, especially as Lutherans. Do you plan on commemorating the Reformation or Martin Luther in any fashion?

I plan on reading the Small Catechism again as well as a few choice notes from a Lutheran Prayer book that Luther wrote.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We watched another couple of the R.C. Sproul 10-part series of 25 minute lectures (fun, really) on Luther and the Reformation in our Sat. class, which is free for Amazon prime, but worth paying for even if it cost a day's wages, imo (though it'd be only $10 without prime):

Amazon.com: Watch Luther and the Reformation | Prime Video
(you won't be disappointed is my guess even if you already learned a lot on it)

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟489,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
upload_2018-10-31_9-32-39.png

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We watched another couple of the R.C. Sproul 10-part series of 25 minute lectures (fun, really) on Luther and the Reformation in our Sat. class, which is free for Amazon prime, but worth paying for even if it cost a day's wages, imo (though it'd be only $10 without prime):

That looks really good, I might have to start watching those on my lunch breaks!

I'm probably going to a Halloweenie Roast. Come on over the bridge and join us, Steve. It is at 6:30 tonight.

Thanks for the invite, that sounds like fun. I have to pass, my wife and I are also going to visit my Grandmother in the hospital for a bit tonight. Thanks though!

Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also thought Luder was the only big cheese in the Reformation... until I read this book. I am reading it for the third time right now. Kind of surprising all the people involved, and all the twists and turns Protestantism took. (Yeah, also found out his given name was Luder, too.)

Sorry, something has happened to the pasting function of the forum... The link won't copy.
Try this one: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjvndiQ6LDeAhWvg-AKHSUMBioQFjAAegQIAxAC&url=https://thebibleisnotholy.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/christianity-dangerous-ideas-2007.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0hvAFSTSJ-206ReZyd5Fm7

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I finished the first, that is a good series. Any idea where it was filmed? It looks like a Lutheran church, but RC was Reformed (not that he couldn't speak at a Lutheran church).

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I finished the first, that is a good series. Any idea where it was filmed? It looks like a Lutheran church, but RC was Reformed (not that he couldn't speak at a Lutheran church).

I just presumed it was a local church or his own. So far in the first 7 episodes we didn't encounter anything that wasn't aligned with standard Lutheran views.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just presumed it was a local church or his own. So far in the first 7 episodes we didn't encounter anything that wasn't aligned with standard Lutheran views.
Good to know, I assumed the church was Lutheran based on the Lutheran rose on the altar area behind him - but I could be wrong. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums