Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy Reformation day!!

https://plus.google.com/+ligonierministries/posts/TQenX7WZKXL

The roman church at Trent: - CANON 9: "If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema."

CANON 12 - Ifany one shall say that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in the divine mercy pardoning sins for Christ's sake, or that it is that confidence alone by which we are justified, let him be accursed

Canon 14: "If any one saith, that man is truly absolved from his sins and justified, because that he assuredly believed himself absolved and justified; or, that no one is truly justified but he who believes himself justified; and that, by this faith alone, absolution and justification are effected; let him be anathema."

Canon 23: "lf any one saith, that a man once justified can sin no more, nor lose grace, and that therefore he that falls and sins was never truly justified; or, on the other hand, that he is able, during his whole life, to avoid all sins, even those that are venial, - except by a special privilege from God, as the Church holds in regard of the Blessed Virgin; let him be anathema."

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Happy Reformation day!!

The roman church at Trent: - CANON 9: "If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema."

CANON 12 - Ifany one shall say that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in the divine mercy pardoning sins for Christ's sake, or that it is that confidence alone by which we are justified, let him be accursed

Canon 14: "If any one saith, that man is truly absolved from his sins and justified, because that he assuredly believed himself absolved and justified; or, that no one is truly justified but he who believes himself justified; and that, by this faith alone, absolution and justification are effected; let him be anathema."

Canon 23: "lf any one saith, that a man once justified can sin no more, nor lose grace, and that therefore he that falls and sins was never truly justified; or, on the other hand, that he is able, during his whole life, to avoid all sins, even those that are venial, - except by a special privilege from God, as the Church holds in regard of the Blessed Virgin; let him be anathema."

The Bible says the same thing as the canons of Trent. No one should be happy or celebrate when self-proclaimed "reformers" corrupt and twist scripture to their own destruction and destroy the souls of those infected with their unbiblical human traditions that contradict scripture.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says the same thing as the canons of Trent. No one should be happy or celebrate when self-proclaimed "reformers" corrupt and twist scripture to their own destruction and destroy the souls of those infected with their unbiblical human traditions that contradict scripture.

Good day, Sam

Well you have a very interesting way of personally interpreting scripture, I would refer you to Calvin's work in response to the silly inventions at Trent by the roman church.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Their is a whole new reformation rising. Its called resist the all inclusive interfaith lie.
If any wants to join the time is now . For not just rome preaches it, its spreading all over
faiths and different religions and the non religious too.
My message will be plain and simple. ONLY JESUS saves and HE is no minsitir of sin.
Repent and believe the one true BIBLICAL gospel and CHRIST .

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Good day, Sam

Well you have a very interesting way of personally interpreting scripture, I would refer you to Calvin's work in response to the silly inventions at Trent by the roman church.

In Him,

Bill

I don't personally interpret scripture. I just believe what it says. Trent said exactly what scripture clearly taught and it agrees with how all Christians understood justification from the beginning (read the early church fathers to confirm Trent taught what Christians have always believed).

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't personally interpret scripture. I just believe what it says. Trent said exactly what scripture clearly taught and it agrees with how all Christians understood justification from the beginning (read the early church fathers to confirm Trent taught what Christians have always believed).

Shouldn't we read Scripture to confirm that "Trent taught what Christians always believed"?

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good Day, Sam

I am well read when it comes to ECF... I just need one to show historically you are in error, so many choices.

Please provide any historical basis for the ECF for your assertion please, primary sources are best as you know.... Be back in a bit with mine, good luck.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Shouldn't we read Scripture to confirm that "Trent taught what Christians always believed"?

To know what Christians have always believed you have to read their writings throughout each century to see how they interpreted scripture. Simply reading scripture won't tell you anything other than how you personally interpret based on modern culture and languages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Good Day, Sam

I am well read when it comes to ECF... I just need one to show historically you are in error, so many choices.

Please provide any historical basis for the ECF for your assertion please, primary sources are best as you know.... Be back in a bit with mine, good luck.

In Him,

Bill

I read all the ECFs up to the Council of Nicea so I'm quite certain there aren't any that disagree with Trent. Since I've read them, I know the context so I won't be fooled if you quote Clement or Polycarp out of context.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To know what Christians have always believed you have to read their writings throughout each century to see how they interpreted scripture. Simply reading scripture won't tell you anything other than how you personally interpret based on modern culture and languages.

I'll have to disagree with you on that. (Not that following that advice would bring any clarity, but only confusion)

Only God's word is absolute truth among all we have in writing. Every teaching and opinion of men must be subject to it (as the Bereans are commended for doing when Paul taught them). We must search the Scriptures.

Only Scripture is inspired by God, not any other writings. And all true believers have the Holy Spirit to guide them in discernment.

We must test all things.

Upvote 0