Visit site
✟174,015.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I couldn’t really say it was Opposite Day either. Cheerless Not Opposite Day?
We used to occasionally do this in school, and it led to massive confusion. If I remember correctly we agreed on turning words into their opposite but not negating at the same time (like with "not"). Alternatively you could negate a sentence without changing the actual words. This way we had at least some pattern and it was somewhat possible to still have conversations on Opposite Day - even though it usually took the other one 2 minutes to process what you said and reply to it, and vice versa.

Either way (and here I go by the rules again XD) Opposite Day is mirthless because everything people say is so crystal clear.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's actually so cool! I didn't even realise this was a thing haha
Yep! It’s a thing! (I like to keep track of a lot of weird holidays). I think Backwards Day is coming up soon too

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yep! It’s a thing! (I like to keep track of a lot of weird holidays). I think Backwards Day is coming up soon too
Again, that is interesting from a cultural perspective cos here in England i have never heard of these ^_^

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, that is interesting from a cultural perspective cos here in England i have never heard of these ^_^
I don’t think most people in America have heard of them either. I don’t know if it’s the same in England, but there are small holidays almost every day that most people don’t celebrate or know about.

Upvote 0