Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here in central California it has been 68 degrees. Short sleeve t shirts....
I work today. Is minus 11F here. Welcome to Siberian gulag.

Happy Circumcision!!!

EDIT: If you on old calendar, you circumcised next week, not today... Apologies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Happy Circumcision!!!

EDIT: If you on old calendar, you circumcised next week, not today... Apologies.

Or, as I call it: Brismas

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here in central California it has been 68 degrees. Short sleeve t shirts....
Getting into the teens tonight, tomorrow night. Not much above freezing in the daytime. Someone missed the memo - this is FLORIDA! LOL And we have no mountains.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today was like 66. Felt like 72. Hasn’t rained in a month. Hope the drought doesn’t come back...
Getting into the teens tonight, tomorrow night. Not much above freezing in the daytime. Someone missed the memo - this is FLORIDA! LOL And we have no mountains.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Today was like 66. Felt like 72. Hasn’t rained in a month. Hope the drought doesn’t come back...

You must not live anywhere near where I was. :)

We went up the Cali coast as part of our honeymoon in August one year. I was a little surprised when I was making reservations that many places said they had no air conditioning. I feared it would be miserable. As it turns out, I had to drop into the store to buy a sweatshirt one day.

We went up Santa Barbara, Morrow Bay, up to Hearst Castle, etc. They were so cool after dark in August I thought they'd be freezing in January.

California has such INTERESTING weather, lol. We lived in the mountains over Redlands - it would be hot in the valley in the winter, and we would show up with a couple feet of snow in the bed of the truck ...

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happy circumcision....only such an oxymoronic statement could be so commonplace as with us here! Lol

Happy Circumcision!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We’re 3 hours northeast of Morro Bay. It’s 90-108 degrees here in summer, dry, 50’s-60’s winter

You must not live anywhere near where I was. :)

We went up the Cali coast as part of our honeymoon in August one year. I was a little surprised when I was making reservations that many places said they had no air conditioning. I feared it would be miserable. As it turns out, I had to drop into the store to buy a sweatshirt one day.

We went up Santa Barbara, Morrow Bay, up to Hearst Castle, etc. They were so cool after dark in August I thought they'd be freezing in January.

California has such INTERESTING weather, lol. We lived in the mountains over Redlands - it would be hot in the valley in the winter, and we would show up with a couple feet of snow in the bed of the truck ...

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

haha, we're getting nailed with a heat wave tomorrow. it's gonna be 26. I might be able to feel my face when I get the mail tomorrow afternoon.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We’re 3 hours northeast of Morro Bay. It’s 90-108 degrees here in summer, dry, 50’s-60’s winter
Oh sounds IDEAL to me! I told my daughter that if she decides to move north (they are considering Ohio) that if I leave this area, I'm more likely to head further south. I used to go out in freezing weather in short sleeves in my 20s and it felt good. Now I'm more interested in some place it's possible to swim Year round (and not like the crazy folks near here who do the polar bear dip every Jan 1 ... I'm afraid someone is going to have a heart attack one day - though the Gulf is probably far warner than the air at least).

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
haha, we're getting nailed with a heat wave tomorrow. it's gonna be 26. I might be able to feel my face when I get the mail tomorrow afternoon.
I realize we can't complain or win a cold weather contest ... but my point is that this is FLORIDA. Surely y'all get to expect such things lol. We had that snow/ice that stayed on the ground three days a few years ago. Stuff like this isn't really normal for us. We tend to get a few light overnight freezes which kills some of the bugs thankfully. But days-long hard freezes are just weird for us.

I hope your face survives the trek for the mail though. I don't want anyone to freeze! :)

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I feel your pain, Anastasia! It was 12f here on New Year's morning, with a little ice & snow New Year's Eve. Enough to keep me home from Liturgy. It's been cold for 2 weeks now, which is a little strange. Usually we get a couple of days of cold weather, then it warms back up to the 50s. It's supposed to do that next weekend finally!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟141,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to live in Southern California for a number of years, Orange County. Attended Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa when I came back to Christianity in the late 80's, then went back to the Lutheran faith of my childhood. Moved up to the San Bernardino mountains for a short while then moved back to the Midwest in '90 where I am now, at the corner of Blizzard and Tornado alley, close to family
We had -25 for a low this weekend. California is beautiful and I miss it in so many ways, but I miss the California of my younger years. Too crowded and expensive for me among other things, these days. YOu just can't buy a home in Orange country.
But you cannot beat the climate, most especially compared to where I am now.
I really liked the mountain area, you had all four seasons, and could go down to the valley of L.A. if I wanted, but I like it here.
My life is here now.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My part of the state, central California, is the only affordable housing left!

We bought our current home 1,904 square foot, for $236,500 back in 2004.This house in SoCal or coast or Norcal would fetch $1 million easily. Throw in my shop/extra garage (Gurney’s gun lair), swimming pool, and corner lot, this thing is way over $1 million. Here in my area it’s a little under $300,000 now....very affordable for Cali.

I used to live in Southern California for a number of years, Orange County. Attended Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa when I came back to Christianity in the late 80's, then went back to the Lutheran faith of my childhood. Moved up to the San Bernardino mountains for a short while then moved back to the Midwest in '90 where I am now, at the corner of Blizzard and Tornado alley, close to family
We had -25 for a low this weekend. California is beautiful and I miss it in so many ways, but I miss the California of my younger years. Too crowded and expensive for me among other things, these days. YOu just can't buy a home in Orange country.
But you cannot beat the climate, most especially compared to where I am now.
I really liked the mountain area, you had all four seasons, and could go down to the valley of L.A. if I wanted, but I like it here.
My life is here now.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟141,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My part of the state, central California, is the only affordable housing left!

We bought our current home 1,904 square foot, for $236,500 back in 2004.This house in SoCal or coast or Norcal would fetch $1 million easily. Throw in my shop/extra garage (Gurney’s gun lair), swimming pool, and corner lot, this thing is way over $1 million. Here in my area it’s a little under $300,000 now....very affordable for Cali.
Where you live sounds beautiful If I ever had to move back to Calif, I would probably move to central Calif or east of the Mountain range. Yeah I looked up an area in Orange County where we used to live and the house my folks bought back in 1970 for around $35,000 and sold in the 80's when they left Calif sold for $200,000 and something now is worth about $900,000!!!! When I worked in So Calif years ago a lot of people used to buy homes up in Moreno Valley or Riverside or Lake Elsinore and make the Drive in to orange County.
There was traffic to contend with there, here it's winter weather, blowing snow and the like.

Upvote 0