Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!!

I think this is our last year with our kids going out though (getting too old) :cry:

We had around 20 kids, down from last year, though I know others who had over 130!!
What about you other posters...how many trick or treaters were at your door? More or less then last year?

Near the end I was giving out tons of candy trying to get rid of it :D

Had the cutest kids at the door, wide variety, angels, witches, mummies, police, zombies etc :)
Had one little girl mesmerized by a creepy photo I have of a girl who looks sweet and innocent to a creepy looking gal depending on where one stands. The mother thought it was awesome.

Any idea's of how I can still have fun at Halloween now that our kids are older? Or are our Halloween days done until we have grandkids (another 10 yrs at least I hope ;)...) ?

Again Happy Halloween to all and to all a goodnight!!

off to watch a few good horror movies :p

meliagaunt

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Surrey, England
✟45,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Nice to hear of such fun. In the UK we don't really know how to do trick or treating (and Halloween in general) properly yet - there are still those who see it as a horrible US import (trick or treating only really started in recent years as a result of US TV shows) and there are fears of vulnerable elderly people being abused and riots starting because of people hiding their faces in masks. There are also of course paranoid evangelicals who think it's the devil's work.

But when I read your post, and watch American TV shows, it looks great fun and quite a celebratory community and family activity. So a (belated) Happy Halloween!

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Nice to hear of such fun. In the UK we don't really know how to do trick or treating (and Halloween in general) properly yet - there are still those who see it as a horrible US import (trick or treating only really started in recent years as a result of US TV shows) and there are fears of vulnerable elderly people being abused and riots starting because of people hiding their faces in masks. There are also of course paranoid evangelicals who think it's the devil's work.

But when I read your post, and watch American TV shows, it looks great fun and quite a celebratory community and family activity. So a (belated) Happy Halloween!

Wow...ya no, I have never heard of anyone being abused just because it's Halloween. People are abused, however those that abuse them will abuse them regardless of the day.
When our kids were younger we would take them to the community center as they have a Halloween party there for kids 12 and under (we would go trick or treating house to house for a half hour or so before though).
Other places will have parties at the mall. Depends on where one lives.
Even those that live in nursing homes or in adult apartements (elderly) have Halloween parties...yes the old people still can get down and party!! ;)
I remember at Church when our kids were younger they would have pumpkin carving activities after chuch...some pumpkins were sweet and others scarey looking, all though were awesome!
I hope one day you get to experience Halloween without fear :)
Peace :)

Upvote 0