• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Happy Birthday to our Members!!!

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by george, Apr 21, 2003.

1. george

george Veteran

+75
    Non-Denom
         we,ve all heard this befor, or even ourselves have said it, one time or another, If I had a bigger car, or a bigger house, or made more money, or had that perfect man or woman, then I would be happy. the world is trying to get us into buying that if there were more jobs for people, there would  be no crime.or a better this or a better that.(not) I now a guy that makes 15dollars an hr. and he,s in jail for selling drugs,

I know men and woman who had that perfect spouse. and cheated on them, professional atheletes that make millions of dollars, but demand to be traded if they don,t get what they wanted. so whats the answer to the worlds problems?its ovious, its not none of those things I name, well I will tell you. Its Jesus. not more or bigger,  but more of Jesus. the world gives you problems. Jesus solves them. when he is your shepard, its more of him, and less of the world that will make you happy. when we get to were we want more of him and less of the world, are problems will be solve. and bigger, better, more want matter anymore.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HesMyAll

HesMyAll Senior Contributor

+1,832
    Pentecostal
    Private
    US-Republican
    The Bible says to be content with what you have.  If we would be content with what we have and not always looking for more or better, we would be a lot happier.  Of course we should always want more of God and less of the material things...that is the path to real happiness.

3. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+5
    Amen George! The things of this world will never satisfy a thirsty soul. Only Jesus can do that.

Matthew 5:6
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

John 7:37
    In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

4. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+11
    Well said george! Well said!!!

5. panterapat

panterapat Praise God in all things!

+36
    Catholic
    St. Augustine said, "Our hearts are restless Lord and they will not rest until they rest in you." And the Scriptures tell s, "Be still and know that I am God."

There is absolutely NO happiness apart from God. ALL love and all good things come from God.

He is, "My Lord and my All."

In Christ, Patrick

6. george

george Veteran

+75
    Non-Denom
    thanks  GraftMeIn , we see all these commercials on tv, telling you that they have the anwser to your weight problems, or car problems, or the like, just call us and we can help, they don,t care about the condition of your soul. but the green in your pocket.they tell you that if it feels good do it. if there is a need in my life. God will see it and provide, just like when he saw those people who stood around all day to hear him preach, they were hungry and he saw to it to provide for them. we don,t have to chase those things if we hang out with him.

7. Phoebe

Phoebe TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad

+75
    Lutheran
    Married
    I'm happy.
    I have the perfect home and famly for me! And I love God! :)

8. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+5

So true that is! I just saw a commercial the other day they were saying "Let us fix all your problems" :( God provides all our needs and doesn't charge us a thing. Everyone could just toss those master cards away and make him their Master Provider " :)

9. Dewjunkie

Dewjunkie Well-Known Member

+4
    Christian
    If I could only have my daughter back, I'd be happy.

10. panterapat

panterapat Praise God in all things!

+36
    Catholic
    Dewjunkie,
    I don't know your situation but perhaps you can look to having your daughter back when you both reach Heaven.

11. tamtam92

tamtam92 Veteran

+50
    Christian
    Single
    You're true when you say that we find happiness in Jesus. But problems still remain.
    If all our problems were solved when we believe in Jesus, everyone would be christian.
    The fact is Jesus help us to be happy even in difficulty, and it happens that you live with new difficulties when you're christian.
    love.
    tamtam

12. Simcha

Simcha a.k.a. BeadieJay

+0
    Messianic
    Only in christ can you find complete and utter satisfaction, happiness, contentment, peace.... No guy, no girl, no drugs, no alcohol, no material thing, no other person can ever fill the void in your life. You will never be happy, unless you have Christ, then you will have the ulimate happiness, and you need no longer want or need for anything ever again.

13. Nazarene77

Nazarene77 In Jesus Precious Name, Amen

+9
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Or maybe when his daughter turns 18 and can make her own decisions. She might want to come and see him. Hmm. ;)

14. Blindfaith

Blindfaith God's Tornado

+76
    Non-Denom
    I wish you could too Dew :(

15. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher God Chaser

+7
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    if i could just have as much of Jesus as i want and need;if i could just have all the money i want;if i could just give my friends the things that would make THEM happy....i would be happy.(refer to post #9).