Happiness...

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Awww, whats up. Why aren't you happy? I'm happy like all the time now. I know God will make Heaven so awesome we forget about the hurt we had on Earth, and that brings me great joy. I even have hope for time on Earth. Never know what type of woman God has in store for me to be my wife. Even doing humble things in service of God brings me joy because God says we're supposed to take humble duties. Also telling people about Jesus brings me joy even if I am insulted because Jesus says there are blessings in Heaven for that.

Upvote 0

DMMullinax

I could live in hope
Sep 11, 2007
North Carolina
✟15,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think happiness exists. I think it's based a lot on attitude though, as well as what you find happiness in. It's totally subjective, but it is there. Sometimes it's just looking small enough as well. Like a candle and listening to a good album, or a rocking chair and a mug of coffee on the porch.

Upvote 0

TakeOverMe

Jul 25, 2011
✟15,336.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Of course it exists! Look around you. There are many people that are happy.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. I'm going through a period of my life where there doesn't seem like any reason to be happy. I am thankful for the short moments in the day where I am thankful for what I have and it brings a smile to my face. Sadly, it doesn't feel like enough.

Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
happiness-jpg.jpg

Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Happiness is an emotion response to some situation.
eg: You're happy when you receive a good gift.
eg: You're not happy at a funeral.

Joy and Happiness are not the same thing though many people think they are.

Chasing happiness is really pointless because it doesn't last, and the truth is life is a jerk, and will throw something at you to wreck your day.

Joy is something that is always there no matter what happens. You can be extremely sad over something and be filled with Joy.

Joy comes from the being in the presence of God. Psalm 16:11 (Fullness of joy is in the presence of God in come versions)

simply put that when you are in the presence of God even if the world is falling apart you will have the fullness of Joy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes... happiness is a myth...

Seriously though, some people hit the jackpot and some do not...

I don't believe in heaven or anything, but if we managed to keep ourselves alive for a little longer I do believe we'll be able to keep ourselves in a near constant state of happiness 24/7 through technological breakthroughs with the mind, though it'll probably be a few generations out of our reach lol. We can learn how to enjoy sorrow and sadness though, and I have a feeling people in the future won't be walking around in a happy daze all the time.

Upvote 0