Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
hello all, i just thought i'd stop by and say hello. long story short, im 48, single but have been in long term relationships, and i'm glad they didnt work out. i now understand God wants me to be single, and its great. relationships arent for everyone, just be happy with whatever your status is.

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
hello all, i just thought i'd stop by and say hello. long story short, im 48, single but have been in long term relationships, and i'm glad they didnt work out. i now understand God wants me to be single, and its great. relationships arent for everyone, just be happy with whatever your status is.
Why are you a lifelong sinner? Doesn't that mean that you are not a Christian?
BTW, WELCOME!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome !

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Why are you a lifelong sinner? Doesn't that mean that you are not a Christian?
BTW, WELCOME!

I'm trying to get saved, but even still, everyone is a lifelong sinner. the difference is whether or not you're forgiven.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm trying to get saved, but even still, everyone is a lifelong sinner. the difference is whether or not you're forgiven.
That's sweet! I have never heard that before. "I'm trying to get saved" Its a good start. Sounds like you are forgiven to me. The difference is Christians don't practice sin. I don't think in terms of "we are life long sinners"
So you haven't told Jesus how much you love him and asked for forgiveness of your sins and repented? That's all it takes to be born again. What are you waiting for? A personal invitation? If so I invite you to ask Jesus to come into your heart and live there forever.
Welcome to the love of Jesus Larry Lifelong. Hope to see you around bro!

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟61,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m happy being single but I’m scared about being alone in old age. Once my parents are gone, I will have no one. I might die alone. Sometimes I regret not marrying but I never felt anything for the men who wanted to date me. I am not gay, I know that. I worry about what my family says about me behind my back.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,229.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m happy being single but I’m scared about being alone in old age. Once my parents are gone, I will have no one. I might die alone. Sometimes I regret not marrying but I never felt anything for the men who wanted to date me. I am not gay, I know that. I worry about what my family says about me behind my back.

The vast majority of people die alone. Its mostly just in movies that your family stands around you when you die.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,067.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've meet people who say they don't want to die alone.
Last year I spent the 4th with my GF and then we both went home. She didn't reply to my messages the next day and so the 2nd day I started asking if other's had talked with her. Yes, she died alone at home. Sad for me. But I've never felt I needed someone around when I pass, so that part didn't bother me.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lybrah
Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟65,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rrrrrrrr woof!
I think I became "fixed" over time. Maybe it would change if I had someone but it's convenient not having those desires when I am single and pretty happily single. I would hate to marry just for that.

Upvote 0