happens to you that don't know how to preach?

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For me, i am grateful that i cannot preach as, i dont feel confident in doing so anyway. Yes, i may be able to put my point across but, i know that God is instrumental in enabling those that can preach, to preach.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yOU Feel useless because can't be able to bring the gospel to new people

Show them how much you love God and people through your actions and you preach without needing to speak many words.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,242.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The first time I was supposed to preach, I ended up having a massive panic attack and having to stay home on the couch. (!)

What I learned over time was that, as much as I dislike being the centre of attention, and as much as it's been a long hard slog to become a confident public speaker, as long as the focus in my preaching is on the congregation - what do they need to hear today, and how can I get that across with love for them? - then I can do it and even enjoy it.

Start with love for your congregation and that will give you a good foundation.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You do not need to be at the pulpit to tell people the Good News.

Look for ways to interject spiritual conversations with other people trying to lead them to Christ and generally just be a light to people. If you do this long enough, you will find you will be challenged with certain ideas on what people have about Christianity, but you will also reap a harvest. Some people I share with on a somewhat semi-regular basis don't seem to be getting any closer to the Truth while other people seem to accept what I am saying with gladness. The attitude to have toward evangelism is to do it for that one person who will listen.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟335,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're one body with many parts... You can bring the gospel to new people simply by giving out a gospel tract and planting a seed (Or maybe you just watered a seed).

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0