Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm looking forward to Hannity's show tonight to find out who will be his choice for Enemy of the Week. Here are three good candidates. Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and of course, the resurgent (rhymes with insurgent) Jane Fonda. If he chooses Jane Fonda, I'm hoping he at least temporarily returns to the Enemy of the State format.

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Jane Fonda. 2007 is turning out to be a flashback that never ends.
Just like a quagmire that never ends. Oh, Iraq is NOTHING like Vietnam :doh:

Guess the thousands and thousands of war protesters should be the enemy of the week along with Fonda. Hanity has enough "enemies" to last his show a lifetime. ^_^

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guess the thousands and thousands of war protesters should be the enemy of the week along with Fonda. Hanity has enough "enemies" to last his show a lifetime.
Sad but true. It promises to be a long running show.

Upvote 0

TeddyKGB

A dude playin' a dude disgused as another dude
Jul 18, 2005
Deep underground
✟8,993.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's nice that the Hannitys and O'Reillys and Frankens are taking the time to identify people wholly with one or two of their actions, and to use labels with maximum emotional impact. We consumers just don't have the capacity to deal dispassionately with discrete facts.

As we have seen, purely emotional arguments are the backbone of rational political discourse. Thus, we need to be told who we should be mad at, not what we should disagree with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you consider Limbaugh
No. Rush exemplifies American ideals

for his line "halfrican American" against Obama?
I didn't hear that one, but I like it. People need to decide if they are African, Mexican, etc or if they are American.

Upvote 0

rosewaning

Jun 12, 2004
✟15,858.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Would you consider Limbaugh for his line "halfrican American" against Obama?
Is "halfrican" offensive now? Back in the day, one of my biracial friends referred to himself as that. He thought it was clever, and funny, I thought it was corny. I assume you think its racist?

If Obama is offended by it, then it makes Rush insensitive, but it is hardly on par with the borderline treasonous statements made by Kerry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Is "halfrican" offensive now? Back in the day, one of my biracial friends referred to himself as that. He thought it was clever, and funny, I thought it was corny. I assume you think its racist?

If Obama is offended by it, then it makes Rush insensitive, but it is hardly on par with the borderline treasonous statements made by Kerry.
Oh, excuse me. I didn't realize that Hanity was only going after traitors. I guess that is why he changed it from "enemy of the state" to "enemy of the week" :thumbsup:

Does this mean you have no problem with the phrase "halfrican American"?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

Depends on the context. Consider the difference when an African American used the n-word and a white person does...

Such as?

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
As we have seen, purely emotional arguments are the backbone of rational political discourse. Thus, we need to be told who we should be mad at, not what we should disagree with.

wow..nice.

kopfschoß

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I could name a few choice words that black people call themselves but throw out the "racist" label when a white says the same words. Do you believe those choice words, and you know which ones I am talking about, are racist?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I could name a few choice words that black people call themselves but throw out the "racist" label when a white says the same words. Do you believe those choice words, and you know which ones I am talking about, are racist?
What I believe is that we're seeing another double standard.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.