Hank Hanegraaff of Christian Research Institute has been received into the Orthodox Church

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I remember a lot of the articles he'd make for places like Christian Research Institute, even though many of their articles seemed a bit extreme and reactionary. Glad he has chosen to become Orthodox. Given the fact that he kept seeming to give hints on his appreciation for Eastern thought, it did seem inevitable at some point. I just hope there's no bringing along some of the extreme approaches to Orthodoxy like he did with Evangelical culture.

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I remember a lot of the articles he'd make for places like Christian Research Institute, even though many of their articles seemed a bit extreme and reactionary. Glad he has chosen to become Orthodox. Given the fact that he kept seeming to give hints on his appreciation for Eastern thought, it did seem inevitable at some point. I just hope there's no bringing along some of the extreme approaches to Orthodoxy like he did with Evangelical culture.

I see it as a welcome mat for all who want to converge to the Eastern faith.

I see this chrismation as a laying of hands on all who wish to join the bread of Eastern Orthodoxy and the richness it offers through liturgical meditation and supplications.

Hank had replaced the late Walter Martin, who was the Apologist and sole founder of the Christian Research Institute, is no doubt blessed by joining the bread of Orthodoxy.

Hank no doubt was baptised into Christ through his western denominational faith and as Christians we believe that a person ought to receive one baptism and that there is no discrimination as to the efficacy of baptism outside of the Orthodox Church, that this Chrismation is solely a laying of hands, similar to how Saul of Tarsus conversion happened on the road to Damascus, where Jesus instructed him to go to the apostles for the laying of hands, to be accepted within Christ's body.

I draw this case study from the acts of the apostles as a way for other Protestants to join their Orthodox brothers and sisters in Christ, especially in this day and age, where the fullness of liturgical meditation and supplication is what saved Daniel and his fellows when Babylon sought to kill them.

This welcome mat is available to all, including Dr White who has made known his conscientious objections to Hank's faithful move to orthodoxy.

It seems that Dr White making a video on Eastern Orthodoxy has opened the door for him and others alike to come together by the laying of hands and joining in liturgical meditation and supplication to God through the mediator Jesus Christ.

Here is Dr White's response today......

Dr White is resisting, but he said it all, when highlighting that the western denominational faith has become too relaxed and it has become like a casual breakfast and cereal seminary, rather than a formal prayer service that brings the prayers of all the congregation at the feet of Christ. This is the way the Orthodox Church has done it in times of persecution and what the Christian world faces today we should all converge through the orthodoxy bread in prayers and supplication like Daniel did in times of persecution by the King of Babylon.

Prayers to all the Protestants and I bid you well and plead with your conscience that the time to put away our doctrinal differences is now and to come together to face the onslaught from the devil that is coming our way. Think of the Orthodox Church as the last refuge for Christians, in a world growing more and more intolerant to Christian moral values and we ought to face tribulation together through much prayer and supplication. Formal liturgical prayers and supplication like the ones prophet Daniel performed time after time, became his strength in facing the fires of death, by which he overcame them through spiritual liturgical faith and NOT by doctrinal siminary intellect.

The door of Christ is open to all Protestants alike. Come and join your brothers and sisters in tribulation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
  • Optimistic
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Couldn't get it to open. But I'll try some backdoor techniques.
I double checked/tested - as soon as I clicked on the first or on the second line, it opened within a couple seconds. (realize I cannot tell http from html from British royalty ! )

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I double checked/tested - as soon as I clicked on the first or on the second line, it opened within a couple seconds. (realize I cannot tell http from html from British royalty ! )
I finally got it open,and I saved it to my HD.. (It's kinda long) Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isn't there a lot of preterist leanings with the Anabaptists?
I was raised Mennonite. I grew up in a strongly pre-tribulationist, dispensational home. There were a few in the church who agreed with my papa on this... but as I got older, I became aware that his views were the trigger for many heated arguments on the subject in Sunday School. he was the teacher, however, and could hold his own with the best of them. LOL

I think among the Mennonites there is broad support for amillenialism, but not much for preterism.
Of course, I may be wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anabaptists knew amil------ is deceitful ..... total deception, on purpose, designed by men.... I don't think that I can discuss the origin of amil---- on this forum. (I can't)
from Amillennialism - Wikipedia
Amillennialism gained ground after Christianity became a legal religion. It was systematized by St. Augustine in the 4th century, and this systematization carried amillennialism over as the dominant eschatology of the Medieval and Reformation periods. Augustine was originally a premillennialist, but he retracted that view, claiming the doctrine was carnal.[18]

Amillennialism was the dominant view of the Protestant Reformers. The Lutheran Church formally rejected chiliasm in The Augsburg Confession—"Art. XVII., condemns the Anabaptists (of Munster—historically most Anabaptist groups were amillennial) and others ’who now scatter Jewish opinions that, before the resurrection of the dead, the godly shall occupy the kingdom of the world, the wicked being everywhere suppressed.'"[19] Likewise, the Swiss Reformer, Heinrich Bullinger wrote up the Second Helvetic Confession which reads "We also reject the Jewish dream of a millennium, or golden age on earth, before the last judgment."[20] John Calvin wrote in Institutes that chiliasm is a "fiction" that is "too childish either to need or to be worth a refutation." He interpreted the thousand-year period of Revelation 20 non-literally, applying it to the "various disturbances that awaited the church, while still toiling on earth."[21]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amillennialism#cite_note-21

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you married to your husband ? (as per other thread/ seems to be something out of order ) (no, don't answer; just sayin....)
Sorry... I was asking, because it directly relates to the subject at hand. I should have asked more respectfully what I was referring to...
I asked if you were raised anabaptist, because I was.
From my vantage point, I saw how many people I knew as anabaptists, who were amillennial.

If you were not raised as anabaptist, yet have a strong opinion as you do that anabaptists were not usually amillennialist, during the reformation... I would like to know why you hold that opinion.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sorry... I was asking, because it directly relates to the subject at hand. I should have asked more respectfully what I was referring to...
I asked if you were raised anabaptist, because I was.
From my vantage point, I saw how many people I knew as anabaptists, who were amillennial.

If you were not raised as anabaptist, yet have a strong opinion as you do that anabaptists were not usually amillennialist, during the reformation... I would like to know why you hold that opinion.
Okay, that's cool.....

pm for explanation....

Last edited:
Upvote 0