Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Out of curiousity, and there isn't much point in saying how helpful this is or not (because obviously it's not),, but I am TRULY curious:

What would a person's motivation be for putting this effigy up?
Intimidation? Threat? Reminder? Is he going for the intellectual body blow by speaking Latin?

Other than intimidation, I don't see a point in it. And frankly, if the best your argument can come up with is intimidation, you may want to reevaluate your supporting argument, cause either it's bad, or you're stupid.

An effigy of Kentucky Governor Beshear was hung from a tree at the end of a Second Amendment rally - CNN

Lastly, quoting the guy who Lincoln, in my mind, does NOT strengthen or provide legitimacy for your point.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Out of curiousity, and there isn't much point in saying how helpful this is or not (because obviously it's not),, but I am TRULY curious:

Intimidation? Threat? Reminder? Is he going for the intellectual body blow by speaking Latin?

Other than intimidation, I don't see a point in it. And frankly, if the best your argument can come up with is intimidation, you may want to reevaluate your supporting argument, cause either it's bad, or you're stupid.

An effigy of Kentucky Governor Beshear was hung from a tree at the end of a Second Amendment rally - CNN

Lastly, quoting the guy who Lincoln, in my mind, does NOT strengthen or provide legitimacy for your point.

This type of behavior is not unusual among chimpanzees.

• Haha
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

I agree -

Los Angeles Protestors Burn Donald Trump's Head in Effigy

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engl...ump-effigy-to-be-burned-at-edenbridge-bonfire

Antifa - the modern day KKK brought it back in many of their violent protests, along with destroying the businesses of immigrants.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it is important to draw a distinction between symbolic actions that arguably constitute a threat and those that mock or ridicule. I am a HUGE fan of mockery and ridicule, and believe these can be used responsibly and effectively. Especially with you-know-who in the White House - the last thing we want to do is to argue ourselves into a place where, to avoid hypocrisy, we need to forego all mockery and ridicule of Donald Trump and his supporters.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

yougottabekidding

Nov 3, 2018
Oologah
✟28,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is important to draw a distinction between symbolic actions that arguably constitute a threat and those that mock or ridicule. I am a HUGE fan of mockery and ridicule, and believe these can be used responsibly and effectively. Especially with you-know-who in the White House - the last thing we want to do is to argue ourselves into a place where, to avoid hypocrisy, we need to forego all mockery and ridicule of Donald Trump and his supporters.

Oh my yes! Without mockery and ridicule, there would be almost nothing else. Because unbiased facts sure don't work.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
  • Agree
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oh my yes! Without mockery and ridicule, there would be almost nothing else. Because unbiased facts sure don't work.
That is 100% correct. Unbiased facts have not worked.

Stop listening to a liar who truly could not care about the truth.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Because once upon a time humans did it for all of the ignorant reasons you mentioned - before they morally realized what it implied. Most still don't care about what it morally implies, because the idea of being a "maverick" on anything has been romanticized in the States.

Today (with the increasing agnosticism about what is considered moral) people do it because their parents/mentors did it, or because of an artistic hyperbole mistaken for something celebrated. The point is to be seen: a basic human insecurity. They are also exhibiting predictable, exploitable behavior that will later work against them, and their children. They are players in a game they don't believe can be real: a game that sees no partisanship or label except what is a commodity and what isn't. That is why they should be pitied in the long run; they don't realize their actions work for a greater cause to subjugate them (as well).

These people must do what they do in order for the illusion of progress to continue.

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Because once upon a time humans did it for all of the ignorant reasons you mentioned - before they morally realized what it implied. Most still don't care about what it morally implies, because the idea of being a "maverick" on anything has been romanticized in the States.

Today (with the increasing agnosticism about what is considered moral) people do it because their parents/mentors did it, or because of an artistic hyperbole mistaken for something celebrated. The point is to be seen: a basic human insecurity. They are also exhibiting predictable, exploitable behavior that will later work against them, and their children. They are players in a game they don't believe can be real: a game that sees no partisanship or label except what is a commodity and what isn't. That is why they should be pitied in the long run; they don't realize their actions work for a greater cause to subjugate them (as well).

These people must do what they do in order for the illusion of progress to continue.
Thanks. I appreciate a thoughtfilled response!

• Friendly
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
When was the last time Antifa dragged a black man down the street to decapitation simply because he was black, raped a black young girl or beat a minority down because they whistled? When was the last time Antifa used terrorism to scare and torment people of color? When does Antifa do this mindless junk that still has not been addressed it acknowledged in America?

False equivalencies are absurd for truth and transparency; people know what they are doing when they equate somethin like Antifa to KKK - it is the same tactic used when someone brings up how the Jewish people were allegedly slave owners - despite their "mammy and pappy" having no problem taking a slave, beating/abusing them, raping them, "breeding" them... and treating them as a fraction of a human. When did members of Antifa get together and find a way to infiltrate all levels of law enforcement in the States (for the purposes of having the authority to do what KKK used to do in the open)? I don't remember the last time Antifa dragged a black man to decapitation, but I remember when the KKK did last - as well as its little splinter groups that pretend they have no association. It's meant to make people forget the history of the KKK by projecting the weakness and insecurity they feel from Antifa - of course never realizing the folly of their own mentality.

There are a lot of closet and overt racists on these "Christian" forums, but considering what Christianity used to be on this continent (and the connections to KKK and KOC) it makes sense why the real KKK can drag a black guy to death and then go to service on Sunday.

Now, the same stuff happens and the same people defend the behavior. People act as if there is no Judge taking note of what we do - and that other people are stupid (too stupid to see a false comparison, and to know history). Hold these people accountable or we will allow what their mammy and pappy taught them to become canon as these teach their children proper ignorance and hate.

It isn't subtle, but it seems no one cares. Where were these same people when the same thing as the OP happened to Obama as a pastime, how he was always compared to an ape with a banana, how his wife was called all sorts of transgender, and how these same people likely also talked about his kids. Some eople that did this are members of this "Christian" forum - and believe in "Jesus"! Hold them accountable so that they don't keep thinking they can get away with this.

Or we can let them be what they are here and wait till Judgment. This may be hard for those who don't believe In an afterlife.

Last edited:
Upvote 0