✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
From the Orthodox Study Bible:

15:24-28 The end is the consummation of the Kingdom when Christ's lordship over all will be fulfilled and He will offer creation up to God the Father (see Rom 8:19-23, 32-39). Although the Son (v. 28) shares the same divine nature and dignity as the Father, He is subject to the Father because only the Father is the source of divinity. God being all in all refers to the common lordship of the Trinity over all things, not to pantheism.

Here is the commentary from St John Chrysostom

CHURCH FATHERS: Homily 39 on First Corinthians (Chrysostom)

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What does this verse mean?

1 Corinthians 15:24
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Christ is king, and rules the earth to the glory of God the Father. One day the accomplishments of the Word, both incarnate and eternal, will be laid at the feet of the Father.

1Co 15:25 - For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

One of those enemies was Mithra. If you don't know who Mithra is it's because his name has been blotted out, just like Amalek:

Exo 17:14 - Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write this for a memorial in the book and recount it in the hearing of Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.”

No one knows who Amalek is.

There are actually references to Mithra in the Revelation. I'll let you find them. Also see the symbol of St. Mark. No one remembers where that came from. But you'll see it in the Revelation also.

Don't get me started on Alexander Hislop. :)

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Although the Son (v. 28) shares the same divine nature and dignity as the Father, He is subject to the Father because only the Father is the source of divinity. God being all in all refers to the common lordship of the Trinity over all things, not to pantheism.
It is obvious from the Nicene Creed that Christ's Kingdom will have no end. I read parts of St John's homily but it's very long and seems to talk around the point without getting to it. Is the point he is trying to make is that Christ's humanity hands the Kingdom of the redeemed, including his own humanity to the Godhead? I'm still confused, perhaps even more so :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know who Mithra is but have no idea what his relationship is to Corinthians or Revelation or Alexander Hislop!

Mithra was an enemy of Christ. He's been defeated. No one worships him anymore. He has been placed under the feet of Christ.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
From the Orthodox Study Bible:

15:24-28 The end is the consummation of the Kingdom when Christ's lordship over all will be fulfilled and He will offer creation up to God the Father (see Rom 8:19-23, 32-39). Although the Son (v. 28) shares the same divine nature and dignity as the Father, He is subject to the Father because only the Father is the source of divinity. God being all in all refers to the common lordship of the Trinity over all things, not to pantheism.

Here is the commentary from St John Chrysostom

CHURCH FATHERS: Homily 39 on First Corinthians (Chrysostom)

this

Upvote 0