• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Hand Sanitizer Danger

Discussion in 'Israel Prophecy & Current Events' started by pat34lee, Sep 15, 2015.

1. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,574
    Messianic
    Single
    Children are drinking these little bottles of hand sanitizer. Some idiot actually thought putting fruit flavors or scents in some brands was a good idea. At 45-95% alcohol, its like drinking moonshine.

[​IMG]

" The number of cases of kids younger than 12 reported to poison control centers for ingesting hand sanitizer, which now comes in "fun" flavors such as grape and strawberry, nearly quadrupled across the US in just a few years"
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...getting-drunk-yummy-hand-sanitizers/72303412/

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+106,712
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :eek:

3. johnny1217

johnny1217 Member

+17
    Christian
    Single
    Scents I can see but flavoring? ? In hand sanitizer? ?

4. pat34lee

pat34lee Messianic

+2,574
    Messianic
    Single
    That's what the article says, but even fruit scents can be enough to get kids to try tasting it.

5. Lulav

Lulav Older than ZIP Codes Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,571
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    That's not the worst of it,

If your hand sanitizer is scented, then it's likely loaded with toxic chemicals.Companies aren't required to disclose the ingredients that make and therefore generally are made from dozens of chemicals.

Synthetic fragrances contain phthalates, which are endocrine disrupters that mimic hormones and could alter genital development.

6. sahjimira

sahjimira God of miracles.. He saved ME!

+431
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Guess it has to be kept with medicine!

7. The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger Kemosabe

+115
    Messianic
    Private
    It says hand sanitizer on the label.

8. Blondepudding

Blondepudding Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?

+604
    Ignostic
    Married
    Zen Zest doesn't come in fun flavors. It's just a perfumed scent that's the issue.

I find that death typically cures stupid.

It's like the Tide pods commercial I saw today. They showed this adorable child putting stuff in their mouth as babies and very young children will do. Then they proceeded to say that Tide pods should be kept out of children's reach.
    NO KIDDING! If a parent doesn't already keep bleach and the other detergents out of the reach of their kids, new news about doing that for pods isn't going to instill what's missing as common sense in that parent.

9. Ovlov90

Ovlov90 Member

+54
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    I drank bleach when I was a child. That was moms fault. She had put in the floor wax bottle. Seriously though those pods look like they would just grab a toddlers attention and are perfect size for little mouths and hands. Awfully pricey too. Its also perfect logic that if it smells good it must taste good. Wve all tasted bar soap. So Im amazed that one of my kids ate a small portion of “cashmere bouquet”. How? It tastes awfull. Luckily it passed quickly as a mass and appeared not to have been digested. Much.
    Be vigilant! Its not so much as stupid as fanatic curiosity.