Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you interested in reloading - hand loading or want to ask questions from a layman's point of view? I am sure there are folks much more educated than I, but I have loaded quite a few different calibers and learned some tips and tricks that others might find handy if you are interested.

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
What's the difference between "handloading" and other kinds of loading/reloading?
You're gonna get a bunch of different answers to that one! LOL...

They're essentially the same thing....but in my opinion only, handloading is taking the time to be more precise, and concentrating on one round at a time. Reloading concentrates on cranking out mass quantities without being as anal about specifics, usually with a progressive press.

Me? I'm a handloader! :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Handloading is typically foregoing commercial rounds to load your own. In this case you would use new brass, possibly weigh each component, and be very precise with each bullet. Reloading is the process of collecting shot brass, cleaning it up, resizing the brass, replacing the spent primer, measuring out the powder and then assembling the bullet. In handloading you typically load a high performance round. In reloading you typically load for target practice, volume shooting, etc., but you can still put together some pretty precise loads. One other element of reloading is to reload only your brass shot from a particular gun. In that case the brass is already sized to your chamber and you would only resize the neck to hold the bullet.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lee 4 stage. Love it. Have to manually batch the Rifle rounds but it is still fun anyway. AFter my heart attack I couldn't shoot so for therapy I loaded..., and loaded..., and loaded...., and loaded...., to the point that I am still shooting them a year later. LOL

Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟827,862.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Are you interested in reloading - hand loading or want to ask questions from a layman's point of view? I am sure there are folks much more educated than I, but I have loaded quite a few different calibers and learned some tips and tricks that others might find handy if you are interested.

It is very relaxing and when you find the "perfect" load combination; super satisfying... and then the bullet manufacturer discontinues or changes your favorite bullet; then you start over again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums