Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hail Mary, full of sorrows, the Crucified is with thee. Tearful art thou among women
and tearful is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of the Crucified, pray for us, crucifiers of thy Son, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

(Indulgence available for this prayer, provided it's said with a contrite heart)​

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hail Mary, full of sorrows, the Crucified is with thee. Tearful art thou among women
and tearful is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of the Crucified, pray for us, crucifiers of thy Son, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

(Indulgence available for this prayer, provided it's said with a contrite heart)

Where is this devotion from?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I first heard it in an online sermon, it appears to be rare. This page here, states that there is an indulgence attached to it: Raccolta - Mary Sorrowing

Christ is victorious, glorified and risen sitting at the right-hand side of the Father at his throne in heaven.
I find these tearful and sorrowful descriptions of our Lord and his mother, our queen to be borderline mockery of the victory both won at the Calvary.

But that's just me, one man's opinion.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Christ is victorious, glorified and risen sitting at the right-hand side of the Father at his throne in heaven.
I find these tearful and sorrowful descriptions of our Lord and his mother, our queen to be borderline mockery of the victory both won at the Calvary.

But that's just me, one man's opinion.
But meditating on the Passion is important for our growth in holiness. In fact whole reason why I posted this, was to show everyone how fruit this is for me, and my turning point.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
But meditating on the Passion is important for our growth in holiness. In fact whole reason why I posted this, was to show everyone how fruit this is for me, and my turning point.

I have a bit different but at least equally intimate relationship with mother Mary.
I guess it boils down to the phrase, each to his or her own devotion.

What may enable you to grow closer to God may not be the case with me if I adopted it and vica versa.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums