• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Habakkuk verse by verse (2)

Discussion in 'Bible and Book Games' started by kiwimac, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kiwimac

kiwimac Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian Supporter

+1,379
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
    The old thread automatically closed is here: "Habakkuk verse by verse"

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 3:12
    12 In wrath you strode through the earth and in anger you threshed the nations.

3. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 3:13
    13 You came out to deliver your people, to save your anointed one. You crushed the leader of the land of wickedness, you stripped him from head to foot. Selah

4. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 3:14
    14 With his own spear you pierced his head when his warriors stormed out to scatter us, gloating as though about to devour the wretched who were in hiding.

5. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 3:15
    15 You trampled the sea with your horses, churning the great waters.

6. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 3:16
    16 I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled. Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us.

7. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 3:17
    17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,

8. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 3:18
    18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

9. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 3:19
    19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

10. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:1
    1 The Oracle that Habakkuk the prophet received.

11. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:2
    2 How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, "Violence!" but you do not save?

12. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:3
    3 Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; There is strife, and conflict abounds.

13. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:4
    4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted.

14. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:5
    5 "Look at the nations and watch - and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.

15. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:6
    6 I am raising up the Babylonians, that ruthless and impetuous people, who sweep across the whole earth to seize dwelling places not their own.

16. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:7
    7 They are a feared and dreaded people; they are a law to themselves and promote their own honor.

17. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:8
    8 Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk. Their cavalry gallops headlong; their horsemen come from afar. They fly like a vulture swooping to devour;

18. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:9
    9 they all come bent on violence. Their hordes advance like a desert wind and gather prisoners like sand.

19. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:10
    10 They deride kings and scoff at rulers. They laugh at all fortified cities; they build earthen ramps and capture them.

20. tred

tred Regular Member

+594
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Habakkuk 1:11
    11 Then they sweep past like the wind and go on - guilty men, whose own strength is their god."